Author Topic: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion  (Read 1743976 times)

Offline Unreal

• Regular Guay
    • Youtube Page
Re: WW Tricks and Glitches Discussion
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2009, 11:21:33 PM »
You ass clown hurry up and make the video! lol >_<

Offline AniMeowzerz

• Special Guay
  • Meow, and... stuff.
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2009, 03:58:47 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE4OXVlph1o
This is the result of my journey to make BiT useful, but unfortunately resulted in failure.

It is pretty cool to watch, in case it does become useful. I have a sound system to getting BiT from drowning to work more consistently.

Plus I did BiT in BiT. Fuck you, mother nature.
RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.

Offline Venick409

• Regular Guay
  • Didn't you guys forget something?
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »
Ghost Ship chart shortcut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCbIgO4xIE

This should save some time getting the chart.
It's old but we need a video.
[23:11:44] <Siglemic> buyin a game they think invented fps
[23:11:48] <greenfox> dude
[23:11:54] <greenfox> halo did invent fps
[23:11:57] <greenfox> didn't it?

Offline Chimpas

• Regular Guay
  • Inlove with Twilight Princess
    • My tube
Re: Just Discovered BiT, TP style
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2009, 11:29:31 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving!
I found BiT (Twilight Princess style) for WindWaker.

I've only been able to do it over voids so far, but I hope to soon be able to do it in water as well.

Unfortunately, unlike Twilight Princess I haven't figured a way to get off of the title screen. About a second after you respawn, the King of Red Lions appears for the title sequence, which means that you only have a few seconds in which you can press A, B, Start once. I tried to get enter the nearby house I spawned next to, but the trigger leading to the other side of the door wasn't loaded, leading me to believe that like TP, the entire map is stripped down. Also, it appeared from the minimap that KoRLs wasn't loaded either, but I don't know for sure if it was because he wasn't in that map on the save I did BiT with.

Video soon.
Hope to see it!!

New speed trick in earth temple.

Stone chu switch skip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9ScG_hUcro

It's really easy. And can be useful in SS.
Wow nice find dude, somebody remember Unreal's sitch skip? (Deku leaf boosted jump) you should make a video

TSDA

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2009, 06:14:01 PM »
I was looking at the first post, and early Jabun's Hideout is possible? O_o
Somebody tell me how to do that.  :)

Offline Venick409

• Regular Guay
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2009, 07:46:56 PM »
Just the chu switch skip 409 again this one is much better.

Edit: The killian Chu Switch Skip (With a little 409 twist to it.) :

This video is a lot like Killian's way I didn't mean to take credit for his finding I didn't even know he found it before me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00HyVDddqvA&feature=player_embedded

This is to show how to do the glitch in a SS. It might be faster then the other ones I'm not sure. And lastly I think this name change is good.

If you fail you have to reset the room, witch it can be a bitch to get her away from the chus without getting hit.

I'll edit this post when i do the other ways to skip the room.

Edit: It turns out killianbeason found this glitch before me. here is his video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grjfJQmJpHI&NR=1
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 08:59:13 PM by Venick409 »

Offline aleckermit

• Mega Guay
  • back in green
    • Youtube.com/aleckermit
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2010, 05:55:55 PM »
MarcusSDA found this small time saver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_BHD4YjFdA

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?

Offline AniMeowzerz

• Special Guay
  • Meow, and... stuff.
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2010, 08:16:09 PM »
MarcusSDA found this small time saver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_BHD4YjFdA

... goddamnit, it's so obvious too >_> I hate when things like this are discovered lmao
RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.

Offline MrSparkle

• Regular Guay
  • Hair Dye
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2010, 12:06:04 AM »
Old, but I've never seen it done like that. I've always used the pot on the first switch. Awesome, this room can be unlucky at times...
May get a recorder at year's end...

MarcusSDA

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2010, 04:39:42 AM »
Old, but I've never seen it done like that. I've always used the pot on the first switch. Awesome, this room can be unlucky at times...
But my method is the fastest? Atleast it feels like that.

Offline MrSparkle

• Regular Guay
  • Hair Dye
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2010, 01:41:15 AM »
Fastest I can think of, really helpful in an SS, what with the Redeads and skeleton Stalfos thing, forget it's name.

TSDA

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2010, 08:15:06 PM »
proof that ganon trials skip isnt possible...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ianx6DmG9p0

Offline MrSparkle

• Regular Guay
  • Hair Dye
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2010, 11:46:17 PM »
So, forest trial timesaver.

Get to the first wiggly platform as usual, then right as it reaches the top, jump off and glide to the far away right jiggly thing. Get on the higher platform, then glide to the door as usual. Magic usage is very tight, so don't use too much getting to the first jiggly. I did it first try, and I'd say it's SS doable...

Saves some time I bet, 3 seconds? More? Hard to tell...

Offline Phazon

• Special Guay
  • Aaaaagh!
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2010, 05:52:12 AM »
Was that with or without rapid Deku boosts? (Or whatever you want to call them).
[15:48:29] <ChocolateLink> chapstick?
[15:48:59] <Phazon> yeah, i'm using it atm, you can get crazy high

MarcusSDA

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2010, 06:32:24 AM »
@MrSparkle

I timed it and it's 8 seconds faster than the normal way.

Offline MrSparkle

• Regular Guay
  • Hair Dye
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2010, 11:38:01 PM »
Ah yes, my bad, had not seen that video.

Offline Phazon

• Special Guay
  • Aaaaagh!
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2010, 03:17:53 PM »
I just managed to take a Deku stick with me through a door in DRC. Threw it at the side of the door and opened the door as quick as I could and the stick bounced in with me. I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I'm sure it'll have some cool uses. Incidentally I did this on my first attempt so probably easily replicable.

EDIT:

Did it again about 30 seconds later. It's really easy.

EDIT:

I wish I could record it >_>

EDIT:

Yayaya! I think I finally got my DVD-recorder figured out. I'll test it out tomorrow :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 08:08:48 PM by Phazon »

Offline MrSparkle

• Regular Guay
  • Hair Dye
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2010, 11:53:07 PM »
Oh wow, you got it too work? Looking forward to the angle, if its that simple it may very well be ss material...

Offline Phazon

• Special Guay
  • Aaaaagh!
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2010, 05:29:05 AM »
Actually it's iffy. It seems to depend on the door you use it on. I was practising on the door with the key guarded by the Kargorok in it's nest and with that door it really is easy (the Deku stick goes so far infact, that sometimes it flies off the cliff). Other doors it can just barely make it (the first 2 doors you'd use in the 2nd DRC seg). The door after the boulder skip I just can't get it to work. I'm not saying it can't work, but it's a bit annoying, because I have to get it through one door then this one (still I tried about 10 times and didn't get it through once). I haven't tested all doors and I haven't tested doors in different dungeons yet (although I don't see how it could help in those dungeons anyway). I've been trying to figure out the optimal angle, but truth be told it seems quite random at times. My positioning seems persistent, but sometimes I'll get completely opposite results. I'll make a vid on the first DRC door so you can see how easy it is on that door (nowhere near as easy as the first door I tested, but not too hard either). I should stop talking now and just go play. I'll edit with the vid later.

EDIT:

Okay, I got the stick through the door after the boulder skip (it went very far into the room actually). So my idea for DRC seg 1 is possible.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 05:37:43 AM by Phazon »

Offline AniMeowzerz

• Special Guay
  • Meow, and... stuff.
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2010, 07:43:27 AM »
NICE!
now lets try to get the stick on the other side of the boulder :3

Offline Phazon

• Special Guay
  • Aaaaagh!
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2010, 07:48:27 AM »
Stick Glitch
For luls

Ani you just blow the boulder up :S

Offline AniMeowzerz

• Special Guay
  • Meow, and... stuff.
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2010, 08:51:35 AM »
........ stfu, I'm not stupid ;_____;

Offline AkiGrahamShitatsuchi

• Regular Guay
  • Ner, just, Ner
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2010, 09:53:40 AM »
Ani's not stupid.

:)
Haters gonna hate.
Blizz:
So we wuz playin zelda 1 and Gannon wuz all "Rawr I stole ur prinzess and cut your magic triangle into 8 segments cuz i am a meaniepants" so then i wuz like "ok lol i'll see you in 45 minutez"

Offline Unreal

• Regular Guay
    • Youtube Page
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2010, 02:08:27 PM »
This brings back memories from the 100+ wind waker thread when we all began to take interest in this game. The talk of new tricks and route possibilities. <_< I need to start playing this game again.

Offline Phazon

• Special Guay
  • Aaaaagh!
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2010, 08:13:21 AM »
I just found out that there was a fade-in at Forsaken Fortress. I don't know if you all knew about it, but it might lead to another wrong warp.

Offline MrSparkle

• Regular Guay
  • Hair Dye
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2010, 10:05:18 PM »
Woah, nope. What point in the game?

Offline Phazon

• Special Guay
  • Aaaaagh!
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2010, 01:34:51 AM »
I haven't been able to replicate, but I have a theory that I haven't tested yet. Basically, I skipped the fade-in at Windfall by saving after the Greatfish cutscene. I think this means the game is expecting the fade-in to happen at some point. I also think that since the Pirate ship appears at Windfall (which is why the fade-in happens) and I skipped it, that some variable remains unitiated that involves being in a quadrent with the Pirate ship. Last time you were at Forsaken Fortress the Pirate ship was there and when you revisit it is gone. Now I went back into this quadrent and tried again and nothing happened. One thing I noted was that when the fade-in happened, it was night, it was raining and there was a thunderstorm (Endless night conditions).

The long and short of it is, by skipping the fade-in at Windfall and entering a quadrent with the Pirate ship during Endless night conditions (Forsaken Fortress), you get the fade-in. I wish I could explain this better x_X

EDIT:

Alternatively, you can ofcourse simply go to Forsaken Fortress during the real Endless night. That would be much simpler.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:37:15 AM by Phazon »

Zero

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2010, 02:39:44 PM »
A few weeks ago in IRC, I brought up a good point of having a Map Glitch. I was thinking we could use the tingle turner or any other item and try to warp using the ballad of gales. Then the text of the tingle turner would interrupt you warping.

Offline Venick409

• Regular Guay
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2010, 06:27:26 PM »
A few weeks ago in IRC, I brought up a good point of having a Map Glitch. I was thinking we could use the tingle turner or any other item and try to warp using the ballad of gales. Then the text of the tingle turner would interrupt you warping.

I tried this a few Times just now. From what I did there seems to be no time between the song and the warp.

Zero

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2010, 10:41:05 PM »

I tried this a few Times just now. From what I did there seems to be no time between the song and the warp.
Ani said that this method would most likely require frame perfect TASing. I tried TASing it with dolphin but it's so messy and buggy. :(

Offline MrSparkle

• Regular Guay
  • Hair Dye
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2010, 05:52:11 PM »
That ET chu room trick is not ss material, that that ss video of the trick some chus did not spawn, the ones that drop right away by the door. The strat looks way to too risky, and if it goes wrong you lose so much time. I'd be more comfortable trying the dekuleaf to bomb boost strat, even if ti fails you can get away with not much time lost or try it again...

Offline Chimpas

• Regular Guay
    • My tube
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2010, 08:52:12 AM »
Hey guy, I uploaded a few videos that could be usefull for the site, go and check my chanel

Zero

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2010, 07:56:37 PM »
Hey guy, I uploaded a few videos that could be usefull for the site, go and check my chanel
Sorry but ZFG will be a noob and say I can't put them on the site because they aren't HQ. If it's not any trouble, record these in HQ. Pretty much the same quality as this.

Offline Chimpas

• Regular Guay
    • My tube
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »
Sorry but ZFG will be a noob and say I can't put them on the site because they aren't HQ. If it's not any trouble, record these in HQ. Pretty much the same quality as this.
just agreed with TSDA that he'll put up thos vids

Check out this stuff

Offline Phazon

• Special Guay
  • Aaaaagh!
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2010, 06:34:36 AM »
I found a small and useless glitch.

Run into a Cyclos cyclone, pull out your telescope, zoom in and the short cutscene will be zoomed in too.

Offline Chimpas

• Regular Guay
    • My tube
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2010, 08:20:19 PM »
Do you remember that trick os sidehoping to the stairs at ET, Venick409 claimed it as own, but I thin he copied from here, I am thinking about it since that video was uploaded at july and Venick's was at december

Offline Venick409

• Regular Guay
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2010, 08:55:37 PM »
Do you remember that trick os sidehoping to the stairs at ET, Venick409 claimed it as own, but I thin he copied from here, I am thinking about it since that video was uploaded at july and Venick's was at december

What I'd never steal credit for finding a trick, I found it by my self but, I'll edit my video description giving credit and a link to his video.

My video at least shows how to do it from first entering the room, But I'm sorry for taking credit. (when I didn't even know he found it.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 09:02:06 PM by Venick409 »

Offline MrSparkle

• Regular Guay
  • Hair Dye
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2010, 01:30:21 AM »
First person to pull that trick off with any consistency WITHOUT KILLING SOME CHUS BEFORE HAND gets 5 ZFG dollars. It just seemed like there were a few more chus falling from the ceiling whenever I tried the trick...

Offline Razor

• Regular Guay
  • Zombie Hover
    • YouTube
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2010, 08:13:32 AM »
I'm trying to find a way to start off a new file with the Windwaker. The idea being that then it might be possible to visit Jabun early and get Nayru's pearl early via Windwaker dive. I haven't had any luck so far, but, today, I hope to try it on a secondary file started after beating the game. The idea being that by holding down the right combination of buttons at the start of the game, that the codes for the Deluxe Pictobox will be replaced by the codes for the Windwaker.(All this being done without cheats, obviously.) I'm hoping that with Nayru's pearl early a whole new realm of glitches & early items will be opened up, hopefully including early full powered Master Sword--eliminating the need for the Earth & Wind Temples--and already having all Triforce shards--I don't think that I need to go into depth on this one--. If anyone wants to help in this effort, feel free to. I will try to post a video if I find anything. :-\
Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?

Offline AniMeowzerz

• Special Guay
  • Meow, and... stuff.
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2010, 09:40:06 AM »
I really hate to spoil your fun with that theory, as much as we appreciate someone wanting to break the game, but we've already determined that the Jabun cutscene is triggered by shooting down the bombable wall: the cutscene you receive Jabun's Pearl is a part of the same cutscene showing you entering the cave with KoRL. The trigger has nothing to do with entering the cave, sadly enough. We have tested this just about 2 months ago.

But not only that, you'd be making it harder on yourself anyways- you can just swim into that cave. You don't have to do a dive since the wall isn't there, and there's nothing inside of it :[