ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:46:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Death Hole glitch / Grotto warping  (Read 54651 times)
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2012, 06:28:35 PM »

Yeah I know, it was just for precising.
Ok ok, so it could be nice to make a wrong warp list on the oot 3d page, no ? Like the wrong warp list on the oot page
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »

We kinda have one. Still needs some stuff though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2012, 01:20:50 AM »

If you want to find out where a warp goes... start with this page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArZNXsrf3f80dFZkM2pielR3Q1AyTi11ejQzLW5GYXc#gid=2

Find the entrance you're using. Then move over to this page:

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Debug_ROM:_Exit_List

Find your entrance number and look 4 lines down. That's the area it warps to. If you want to know where in that area you're going to turn up (if you're not using FW or leaving a grotto to get there) then head back to that first page and find your new entrance to see. You can run this process in reverse (look 4 lines up instead of down) if you want to try and find a way to warp to a particular place.

As far as testing things is concerned, I feel like there's still potential for black screen areas? They're a bit of an unknown in this whole thing. Besides that, there could possibly be time saves in warping between areas? More ways to break out of ww mode would be appreciated, like, I think that Jabu thing is a pretty interesting find. :p
Deku Scrub

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2012, 03:51:44 AM »

Magic is disabled in cut-scenes because your magic is set to zero. So, I don't know if in Jabu, if the Ruto cut-scene set the magic back to its correct value, or if one of the enemies dropped magic. So, having a magic restoring item or picking up magic bottles from enemies or grass (there usually aren't any around though) should allow FW again, unless regaining magic is also disabled for some reason.
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2012, 04:22:11 AM »

If you want to find out where a warp goes... start with this page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArZNXsrf3f80dFZkM2pielR3Q1AyTi11ejQzLW5GYXc#gid=2

Find the entrance you're using. Then move over to this page:

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Debug_ROM:_Exit_List

Find your entrance number and look 4 lines down. That's the area it warps to. If you want to know where in that area you're going to turn up (if you're not using FW or leaving a grotto to get there) then head back to that first page and find your new entrance to see. You can run this process in reverse (look 4 lines up instead of down) if you want to try and find a way to warp to a particular place.

Awesome, this is just the kind of thing I needed- I was wondering how to get to the Chamber of Sages. Weird thing is though, Link seems to be tilted forward at an angle there. Haven't seen this happen elsewhere.

Being able to get the extra Heart Piece in the Graveyard scene is also pretty nifty, if only as a novelty. 

Magic is disabled in cut-scenes because your magic is set to zero. So, I don't know if in Jabu, if the Ruto cut-scene set the magic back to its correct value, or if one of the enemies dropped magic. So, having a magic restoring item or picking up magic bottles from enemies or grass (there usually aren't any around though) should allow FW again, unless regaining magic is also disabled for some reason.

The problem isn't simply "you're out of magic". I've gotten magic jars in the scene state before- it does nothing. If you try drinking a magic-restoring potion the game will also hang, as was mentioned earlier. Magic functionality just seems totally disabled for whatever reason.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2012, 10:55:26 PM »

In regards to scene setups... In my experience the numbering used by TCRF is wrong. Scene Setups aren't used exclusively for cutscenes, they are also used to make an area day/night and child/adult, as well as for progressing an area to it's next state. From memory, the first four scene setups for Kokiri Forest are Child Day, Child Night, Adult Pre-Forest Medallion, and Adult Post-Forest Medallion, and only then do you get to the first cutscene setup (04), used for the Farore's Wind Creation Cutscene.

With Death Hole WW, it seems like the scene setup loaded is the one used for Cutscene 00, but the setup itself is not 00.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2013, 07:08:42 PM »

Yes weird things can happen with this glitch lol. Maybe we will find a proper warp for a DoT skip

Otherwise, there is my video about ganon tower escape using FW on Y button (or X if you want, it doesn't matter) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ7IW3AgX-c

I have also found a way to reach the BK in water temple as child, and I'm very very close to reach boss room. But it isn't the right thread to speak about this. I will keep you informed on the R&D thread
Ygg posted that when DH was first found. Not to mention Fox already discovered a way to skip him by playing Nocturne of shadow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFVOCNTTVig
Yggs method only uses FW thats what makes it different.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:11:42 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
DropDead
Deku Scrub

I'm no good

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2013, 02:57:25 AM »

I've never seen this before sorry for being late, still despite its glory it won't help Any% only MST or 100%

Multisnivy
Regular Guay

Dont be hatin on my swag dawg:p

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2013, 02:59:05 AM »

well ya gotta start somewhere... Tongue

Be serious bro, the muffin is coming for you >Smiley
DropDead
Deku Scrub

I'm no good

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2013, 04:19:12 AM »

meaning?

Kinglong5555
Deku Scrub

« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2013, 06:37:01 AM »

For me, entering ToT doesn't make it sound like the adult intro cutscene. I don't think there was any music. It places me in front of the master sword pedestal, and i can pull the sword to become an adult. (DoT skip?)
So, about that "new dot skip"...
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2013, 12:30:08 PM »

Yep, we found that yesterday...

Are you 966623?

Lol
Kinglong5555
Deku Scrub

« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2013, 05:35:34 PM »

Uh, nope
Benzouz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2013, 01:15:56 PM »

Hi eveyone
I was wondering if you had an advice for me to perform this glitch quite constently (unless that's impossible)
For the moment the technique I use is home bouton buffering till I hit the right frame and then I get in the hole
But it's not as simple, it's easy to miss the frame and then you just die and have to start all over

I saw videos of other ways: running the exact distance for the bomb to explode, rolling into the hole while explosion, or just jump with the bomb with the right timing (my god how's that even possible !!!), but I can't manage any of them
Maybe there's something I don't know about these methods that would help me

Thank you Wink
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2013, 05:20:51 PM »

That "rolling into the hole" is actually a lot more consistent than it looks, the best method that I've tried.
It actually has a large window for success, and it guarantees that you will get the falling through the hole death, which means you don't need a fairy. I recommend it.

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: