ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:35:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Death Hole glitch / Grotto warping  (Read 54736 times)
Deku Scrub

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »

If you set the warp in Jabu's entrance, you warp to Jabu with a black screen (Which you get rid of with nuts). All the doors are unlocked, so you can waltz right into the boomerang room, ignoring Ruto completly. There looks like there are 8 stingrays, but only 2 of them actually do anything, and once you kill these 2, the chest appears, facing the wrong direction. WHATEVER you do, don't open it, or you'll just get the map. Just set up a warp, die, save, and warp back to get the boomerang.

Jabu's belly is messed up in general. Enemies appear in wrong places or are missing, all the tentacles are blue, and in the room where you raise the water, the water reaches the ceiling and there is no switch.
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2012, 09:46:49 PM »

Then you begin to be ironic.

If you're talking about my reply two posts ago (at the top of the new page), you are making shit up. Not my problem if you decide to spin nonsense out of thin air. Nothing in that post was "ironic"; it was genuine and, funnily enough, geared towards acknowledging whatever potential or use your glitch might have. This total misinterpretation seems to be the root of your annoying-ass behavior towards me.

It's like I can't catch a break here. You got that one guy digging up an old grudge for no reason whatsoever and then you have another just reading into something that isn't even there. Goddamn.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:52:08 PM by corneliab » Logged
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2012, 09:58:10 PM »

If you set the warp in Jabu's entrance, you warp to Jabu with a black screen (Which you get rid of with nuts). All the doors are unlocked, so you can waltz right into the boomerang room, ignoring Ruto completly. There looks like there are 8 stingrays, but only 2 of them actually do anything, and once you kill these 2, the chest appears, facing the wrong direction. WHATEVER you do, don't open it, or you'll just get the map. Just set up a warp, die, save, and warp back to get the boomerang.

Jabu's belly is messed up in general. Enemies appear in wrong places or are missing, all the tentacles are blue, and in the room where you raise the water, the water reaches the ceiling and there is no switch.

if this happens in Jabu, I wonder what it could do in other dungeons. Perhaps DC? Tongue

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2012, 10:00:04 PM »

Regarding Jabu, that sounds in-line with the sapphire/Ruto scene setup for Jabu's belly.

http://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time/Unused_scene_setups#Jabu_Jabu.27s_Belly_.2870.29.2C_scene_00
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 10:04:03 PM by corneliab » Logged
Deku Scrub

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2012, 10:18:12 PM »

Regarding Jabu, that sounds in-line with the sapphire/Ruto scene setup for Jabu's belly.

http://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time/Unused_scene_setups#Jabu_Jabu.27s_Belly_.2870.29.2C_scene_00
That's exactly it! I wonder if we can get to other unused scenes and if they're useful.
-
Also, you don't need to save and quit. Just dying and continuing puts you back in normal Jabu, and game mode seems to return to normal. No weird warping going on when I leave or go to the boss.
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2012, 10:50:07 PM »

Of those listed on that page, I've been to the Sacred Forest Meadow and Lost Woods ones. The most straightforward way to the SFM one is by placing a warp at SFM->LW. If you play the song of storms here the entire area turns dark save for the sky and the instances where lightning strikes. Pretty eerie looking.

For Lost Woods, placing a warp anywhere within the area will do (I think, I haven't tried LW->ZR yet). The game will crash if you walk too far into the room that leads to the Forest Stage or if you approach the structure where you play the memorization minigame with the Skull Kids. If you play the Sun's Song, most of the woods will be unloaded upon reload. The deku scrub is still submerged, and Saria's fairy is also on the bridge.

Obviously, these two places aren't too useful  Tongue
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 11:09:06 PM »

This total misinterpretation seems to be the root of your annoying-ass behavior towards me.

When I see your reply, it seems that this quote is for you...

An old grudge ? I have just replied to your posts

Anyway, I stop now this pitiful conflict, it seems that we cannot speak normally with you.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2012, 11:15:05 PM »

Corn, already tried many black screen CS setups. Ice cavern, GC, graveyard, lon lon, DMC and Zoras fountain (which is pretty weird) nothing useful, only good for messing around. Sad that the ocarina pedestal is gone.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:17:31 PM by Pedalpowertoast » Logged

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Deku Scrub

« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2012, 11:22:41 PM »

Seems like the only useful one is the Jabu one for getting the boomerang, because the meeting ruto cutscene reactivates magic so you can warp.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 11:25:53 PM by 966623 » Logged
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2012, 11:36:39 PM »

Corn, already tried many black screen CS setups. Ice cavern, GC, graveyard, lon lon, DMC and Zoras fountain (which is pretty weird) nothing useful, only good for messing around. Sad that the ocarina pedestal is gone.

You've been to the unused Jabu scene? I thought that I got to it before, but I was doubtful since there were no tektites and the scene appeared to be the post-Jabu one (Ruto was standing on the outcrop). Jabu was still positioned further back, though.

It was my understanding that the area with the pedestal+tektites was related to an unused scene that was separate from the post Jabu one. Am I wrong?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2012, 03:58:28 AM »

And no, CS does not interrupt CS : blue light CS stilled here after DoT CS
I've just said that the CS stopped the "BiT mode"

The blue light from the pedestal always appears if you enter the Temple of Time from a specific entrance point. It's not directly part of the Sheik introduction cutscene. A similar thing happens in Lon Lon Ranch: If you've woken up Talon and enter Lon Lon Ranch at entrance 02AE, little Epona will follow after you even though you haven't yet learned Epona's Song.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:39:19 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »

The blue light from the pedestal always appears if you enter the Temple of Time from a specific entrance point. It's not directly part of the Sheik introduction cutscene. A similar thing happens in Lon Lon Ranch: If you've woken up Talon and enter Lon Lon Ranch at entrance 02AE, little Epona will follow after you even though you haven't yet learned Epona's Song.

Oh okay, thanks for the information :­)

By the way, in some areas, when you get a black screen, "big chests" appear. For example in the Goron City, there ara 3 big chests wich contains bombs.
Do you know what causes it ?
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2012, 02:55:44 PM »

By the way, in some areas, when you get a black screen, "big chests" appear. For example in the Goron City, there ara 3 big chests wich contains bombs.
Do you know what causes it ?

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2012, 05:12:19 PM »

Okay thanks, I had just read about Jabu Jabu's belly the first time lol

Speaking about Jabu Jabu, I don't know if it was already said, but if you set the warp into the boss room, you can warp to Vovagia's room
And if you set a warp to the Hyrule castle guard house, you are warped to the spirit temple (not a black screen for both warping)
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2012, 05:22:11 PM »

Of course it doesn't black screen. Its caused by areas with cutscenes. Also we know where almost every warp takes us, so i dont know it its worth testing anymore.

Lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: