ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:28:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Death Hole glitch / Grotto warping  (Read 54671 times)
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 10:15:20 PM »

Agreed Fox on everything you said. I hope to maybe do some work with this market stuff over the next couple days and see if I can start formulating some routes... Do you think it would be possible to do as many dungeons swordless as child and then maybe do Lon Lon stick glitch to do some more death holes as adult... I suppose not cause we'd have to get prelude... Tongue
Now if only there would be a way to fight Volv without hammer -___- oh well fire temple will be as long as ever would it possibly be faster to skip bow and go straight Ganon's castle collapsing. We wouldn't have to fight Ganndorf as well. A lot will have to be timed

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Deku Scrub

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 02:46:42 PM »

For me, entering ToT doesn't make it sound like the adult intro cutscene. I don't think there was any music. It places me in front of the master sword pedestal, and i can pull the sword to become an adult. (DoT skip?)
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 03:18:35 PM »

Warping demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvCOKaV2FQM

Ganon as a child
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFVOCNTTVig

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 01:22:43 AM »

@966623 did you hear the portal sound? I thought it was that cutscene because of the sound.
r0bd0g
Regular Guay

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2012, 02:29:11 AM »

I made a dumb little table of all the grottos (Maybe I missed some? There aren't very complete lists of this sort of thing...), where they wrong warp to (most of this table is incomplete b/c I have no idea which grotto is which), and what wrong warps you could potentially do using just the grottos and no FW or anything. Unfortunately there weren't a lot of places you could go w/o FW. Maybe the hyrule castle grotto could link into the market but since it needs SoS, that doesn't really sound too useful. Besides that, the DMC hammer grotto seemed the most useful, with a warp to Forest Temple (and then to Water Temple). There's maybe a warp to Shadow from Lon Lon, but I don't know which exit that would be. Only I think Epona's Song->Lon Lon isn't documented, so you could try that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiNC41qHBAlEdDhrdHVlQnUxYUJSTlhUR3NHdzZQX1E#gid=0
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 03:06:34 AM by r0bd0g » Logged
Deku Scrub

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 03:32:50 AM »

Yeah, I heard a portal sound. The blue ring that appears when you pull the sword was there too, and it was shrinking the way it does near the end of the adult intro. The bottom screen gets activated too.
-
Also, would getting hover boots and defeating Bongo Bongo as a child with warping be more efficient for MST than doing it as an adult?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:14:58 AM by 966623 » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 05:40:18 AM »

Was talking in the IRC, and ZFG remembered that you can perform OI with a bomb and an item with it's own cutscene (bottled bugs etc), so we shouldn't need NG+ to pull this off.

[01:32] <r0bd0g> you hold a bomb over your head
[01:32] <r0bd0g> (don't put it down)
[01:33] <r0bd0g> run with it so that the explosion doesn't mess it up...
[01:33] <r0bd0g> and then push an item that plays a mini-cutscene on the right frame
[01:33] <r0bd0g> it's the frame where he takes his hands down
[01:33] <r0bd0g> or the last frame he has them up
[01:34] <r0bd0g> one of those two
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 05:41:56 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 06:04:29 AM »

Was talking in the IRC, and ZFG remembered that you can perform OI with a bomb and an item with it's own cutscene (bottled bugs etc), so we shouldn't need NG+ to pull this off.

[01:32] <r0bd0g> you hold a bomb over your head
[01:32] <r0bd0g> (don't put it down)
[01:33] <r0bd0g> run with it so that the explosion doesn't mess it up...
[01:33] <r0bd0g> and then push an item that plays a mini-cutscene on the right frame
[01:33] <r0bd0g> it's the frame where he takes his hands down
[01:33] <r0bd0g> or the last frame he has them up
[01:34] <r0bd0g> one of those two

Hehehe if this works then I have quite a lot of ideas for routes Cheesy

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
TheWayfaringFox
Site Editor
Special Guay

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 09:09:43 PM »

Black screen stuff:
-If you managed to get in a black screen that means that you are in a cutscene.
-You cannot move right, left, or backwards without L targeting.
-You can only move forwards by rolling without L targeting.
-You can only change angles with siderolls.
-Magic is disabledf
-You can see what cutscene you are supposed to be in while warping away with FW, songs or playing warp songs and sun's in some instances.
Yggdrasill
Regular Guay

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 10:15:44 PM »

Actually, you can freely move by Z targeting, move forward, then just release Z while you are moving forward. As long as you don't let go off the joystick in the neutral position, you can move wherever you want
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:20:01 PM by Yggdrasill » Logged
corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 04:58:19 AM »

These pitch-black cutscene areas are making me sad. I want to freely look around, dammit!

Any idea why this happens?
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 10:15:07 AM »

I agree, this BiT thing is really cool but every area's cutscene is reset which makes it much less fun!

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 06:20:11 PM »

These pitch-black cutscene areas are making me sad. I want to freely look around, dammit!

Any idea why this happens?

No. If we had emulation it'd be easier to figure out though.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2012, 02:08:45 AM »

I warped to Hyrule Castle outside as a child, walked around with black screen, and fell in a void. Haven't had this instance of partial collision loading on any other black screen warp

corneliab
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2012, 02:52:23 AM »

I warped to Hyrule Castle outside as a child, walked around with black screen, and fell in a void. Haven't had this instance of partial collision loading on any other black screen warp

Since exits are disabled, I'm going to assume that you backed too far out into the entrance and fell through the point where the collision ends. This is what happened to me yesterday in the "Kakariko on fire" scene.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: