Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Death Hole glitch / Grotto warping  (Read 43761 times)

Seb9kplus

• Deku Scrub
Re: Death Hole glitch / Grotto warping
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2014, 12:50:18 PM »

Thanks for the help! yay hookshot early  :)

Could you tell me any other cool DHWW locations or tell me where I can read about them? So far I've tried this + getting the Master Sword early.
My YouTube channel where I post random gaming stuff: http://www.youtube.com/user/Seb9001gaming

Byak

• Deku Scrub
  • Dash! Dash! Dash!
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2014, 02:25:25 PM »

Off the top of my head:
(Farore's Wind location -> Entry after returning FW whilst in "Death Hole Mode")

Jabu Jabu boss room -> Fire Temple boss room. Link spawns inside the platform you fight Volvagia. Walk back into bounds and climb edge to trigger fight. Currently used in All Dungeons route.

Market (Drawbridge) to Market -> Market at night. Heading back to drawbridge leads to Shadow Temple. Going to Temple of Time leads to Fire Temple pre-boss room, from there heading out to Fire Temple entrance leads to Forest Temple boss corridor, a wierd route from here leads to Water Temple.
(Shooting gallery leads to Temple of Time which leads to DoT Skip (if not entered before)).

Fire Temple entrance to Death Mountain Crater -> Forest Temple boss corridor. Save + quit to enter Forest Temple.

Deku Tree boss room -> Bongo Bongo fight. Triggers cutscene to fight Bongo Bongo.

Shadow Temple boss room -> Water Temple boss room. Link falls into Morpha's room. Climb ladder and position in middle of either platform to trigger cutscene. Currently used in MST/All dungeons.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:28:38 PM by Byak »
I am the best, yes, Impact!
Dash! Dash! Dash!

Seb9kplus

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2014, 07:58:30 AM »

Sweet, thanks! I just tried the market -> drawbridge to get to the Shadow Temple and obtain the Hover Boots as child. I'm not into speedrunning, just into abusing the game and get things early/differently. Will try the ones you listed and please do tell if you remember more :) is there any that leads to the desert/spirit temple? I've glitched past the gates and through the desert several times, but warping would be fun too.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:00:07 AM by Seb9kplus »
My YouTube channel where I post random gaming stuff: http://www.youtube.com/user/Seb9001gaming

Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
  • I'm an artist :O
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2014, 08:31:23 AM »

Set a warp to that market bridge house with pots and youll get to Spirit Temple.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol

Seb9kplus

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2014, 09:04:50 AM »

Cool! Will try that.

I tried battling Bongo-Bongo as child, and won, but after going into the blue warp I got into the black chamber of sages lol. Is there any way to actually get the medallion and all using this?

Byak

• Deku Scrub
  • Dash! Dash! Dash!
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2014, 11:51:26 AM »

With bombs on X or Y, after entering the blue portal keep using bombs until you kill yourself. The screen is still blank but you can still move the cursor to select save, then move the cursor across to quit. This will plonk you back at Link's house with the medallion.
I am the best, yes, Impact!
Dash! Dash! Dash!

Seb9kplus

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2014, 11:19:43 PM »

Damn. I didn't have bombs on X or Y when I got there so I couldn't die, but then I was stupid enough to kill bongo-bongo, grab the heart container and die + save so now when I try warping back I just end up in pitch black and keep falling to my death. No way to get back then on this save file... but thanks, I'll do it on my next file!

Tried heading to Fire and Forest temple too, and Spirit. I love this glitch.

TheWayfaringFox

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2014, 02:14:26 AM »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvRij_h-HFFBdDVTbk8wZUFKdHJ4ajNNTmV2NGMtN2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0 I had made this over a month ago, with the plan to have a detailed table explaining some of the warps. I think it is best if this is done with a group somehow. I will make it so more people can edit it as well.

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2014, 05:02:06 AM »

I would like to be able to edit. Get me on irc one day to help explain what I can do to help
"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012

Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
  • I'm an artist :O
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2014, 05:53:12 AM »

I would like to be able to edit. explain what I can do to help
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol

TheWayfaringFox

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2014, 10:59:25 AM »

Update: I made it so you can edit, if there is abuse then I could change it to be via email (if it happens)

mzxrules

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2014, 01:03:18 PM »

A large chunk of this can be generated via running some queries on Ocarinabot's database
Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

Benzouz

• Regular Guay
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2014, 08:27:48 AM »

Does someone understand why there is a difference between returning FW from an entrance in DH mode and going to that entrance from somewhere else ? It's look like it gives you different coordinates.
For example if you go from market towards the ToT in DH mode it places you in front of boss room door in Fire Temple (as expected) but if you cast FW from market to outside ToT in normal mode and then DHWW it also places you in Fire temple but in the second room with only the first room loaded...
It seems like it's better to go through the entrance in DH mode instead of returning FW to be sure to get in bounds

nathanisbored

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2014, 10:46:14 AM »

Does someone understand why there is a difference between returning FW from an entrance in DH mode and going to that entrance from somewhere else ? It's look like it gives you different coordinates.
For example if you go from market towards the ToT in DH mode it places you in front of boss room door in Fire Temple (as expected) but if you cast FW from market to outside ToT in normal mode and then DHWW it also places you in Fire temple but in the second room with only the first room loaded...
It seems like it's better to go through the entrance in DH mode instead of returning FW to be sure to get in bounds

The coordinates and map number are stored where you set FW, so it's using the coordinates and room from outside ToT, but putting you inside the fire temple scene.

Benzouz

• Regular Guay
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2014, 12:06:39 PM »

Yes but what I don't understand is why doesn't it do the same when you go from the market to outside ToT in DH mode

gamestabled

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • B e t A Q u e S t
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2014, 06:14:39 PM »

Because in that case, it's taking you to fire temple still and it's simply taking you to the entrance that is volvagia's room->fire temple. Theres no additional room number/coordinates that you are being taken to like there is with farore's wind.
when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
Pages: 1 2 [3]