Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Death Hole glitch / Grotto warping  (Read 43763 times)

corneliab

• Regular Guay
Re: Death Hole glitch / Grotto warping
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2012, 09:24:06 AM »

Corneliab -> The use of that video ?  Simply to show a way to cancel the "BiT" mode and return the game to its normal state. It could be useful to understand a little bit more how the black screen works
For example, the DoT opening CS could have been played into the black screen, but instead of that, the CS has reactivated the screen and canceled the BiT mode.

Right, but I'm having trouble thinking of many cutscene areas that can be interrupted in such a way. Even in that video you still needed the stones/song of time, so it doesn't even seem too useful in that specific case.

The fact that cutscenes will interrupt cutscenes is still interesting to know, I guess (Xzibit would be proud). Watch as I eat crow when someone discovers something amazing through this.

By the way, nice find with the deku nuts
Unfortunately, it doesn't cancel the BiT mode, so you cannot leave the area :≠(

Yeah, this isn't a surprise- I was really only concerned with restoring visibility. The reason I even used the Deku Nuts to begin with was to see if the flash would "refresh" the screen, so to speak. I can't believe it actually worked lol.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:47:58 AM by corneliab »

Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
  • I'm an artist :O
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2012, 09:47:42 AM »

Corn...is it just me or are you somehow different. You know instead of like this:

Oh give me a break. I asked this question here since I figured it would be my best chance at getting a first-hand answer from someone who's tried. If I wanted to be fed uncertainties I would have just went to gamefaqs.
I'm sure you remember. Anyway neat find, i've been adventuring with the left over CS setups. Fun stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol

Yggdrasill

• Regular Guay
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2012, 10:33:38 AM »

Right, but I'm having trouble thinking of many cutscene areas that can be interrupted in such a way. Even in that video you still needed the stones/song of time, so it doesn't even seem too useful in that specific case.

The fact that cutscenes will interrupt cutscenes is still interesting to know, I guess (Xzibit would be proud). Watch as I eat crow when someone discovers something amazing through this.

Yeah, this isn't a surprise- I was really only concerned with restoring visibility. The reason I even used the Deku Nuts to begin with was to see if the flash would "refresh" the screen, so to speak. I can't believe it actually worked lol.

Can you tell me where I have said something like "OMG guys ! I have done new great discoveries ! This will lead to amazing things !" ?
I just shared an information with the community. Useless ? Probably. Like many other glitches here. So what ?
And no, CS does not interrupt CS : blue light CS stilled here after DoT CS
I've just said that the CS stopped the "BiT mode"

corneliab

• Regular Guay
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2012, 11:46:57 AM »

Can you tell me where I have said something like "OMG guys ! I have done new great discoveries ! This will lead to amazing things !" ?
I just shared an information with the community. Useless ? Probably. Like many other glitches here. So what ?

I don't know why you're getting so defensive. I was curious about the practicality of the glitch so I decided to comment about it. Hell, I even went out of my way to be as civil as I could in my previous post. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered and simply told you to shut the fuck up? Would that have been better?

"BiT", in the case of grotto warping, is referring to the state that causes mismatched exits. The black screen areas are cutscene areas. This is what I meant by "a cutscene interrupting a cutscene".

Yggdrasill

• Regular Guay
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2012, 01:17:07 PM »

Donít reverse the roles. Iím not getting defensive. But read again your last reply and you will see what it is to getting defensive.
You ask me what use does have the video. I tell you that there is no specific use, I just simply share an information. Then you begin to be ironic. My reply was ďcivilĒ like you say, so donít be arrogant with me.

Maybe I shouldn't have bothered and simply told you to shut the fuck up? Would that have been better?

What would have been better ? To show me what kind of person you are ? No need, Iíve already seen it. But donít hold on, if you want to be insulting, you can if it will make you happy. I donít care, Iím not on this forum for this kind of thing.

"BiT", in the case of grotto warping, is referring to the state that causes mismatched exits. The black screen areas are cutscene areas. This is what I meant by "a cutscene interrupting a cutscene".

By ďstopping the BiT modeĒ, you understood what I meant.
Honnestly, it was an evidence for you that triggering a CS while being in another CS would return the game to its normal state ? (screen, magic, exits...) and that the previous CS would still displayed ?
If so, ok, I have nothing against you, but your reply was uncalled-for, that's all.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 01:25:24 PM by Yggdrasill »

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2012, 01:34:16 PM »

If you set the warp in Jabu's entrance, you warp to Jabu with a black screen (Which you get rid of with nuts). All the doors are unlocked, so you can waltz right into the boomerang room, ignoring Ruto completly. There looks like there are 8 stingrays, but only 2 of them actually do anything, and once you kill these 2, the chest appears, facing the wrong direction. WHATEVER you do, don't open it, or you'll just get the map. Just set up a warp, die, save, and warp back to get the boomerang.

Jabu's belly is messed up in general. Enemies appear in wrong places or are missing, all the tentacles are blue, and in the room where you raise the water, the water reaches the ceiling and there is no switch.

corneliab

• Regular Guay
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »

Then you begin to be ironic.

If you're talking about my reply two posts ago (at the top of the new page), you are making shit up. Not my problem if you decide to spin nonsense out of thin air. Nothing in that post was "ironic"; it was genuine and, funnily enough, geared towards acknowledging whatever potential or use your glitch might have. This total misinterpretation seems to be the root of your annoying-ass behavior towards me.

It's like I can't catch a break here. You got that one guy digging up an old grudge for no reason whatsoever and then you have another just reading into something that isn't even there. Goddamn.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 01:52:08 PM by corneliab »

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2012, 01:58:10 PM »

If you set the warp in Jabu's entrance, you warp to Jabu with a black screen (Which you get rid of with nuts). All the doors are unlocked, so you can waltz right into the boomerang room, ignoring Ruto completly. There looks like there are 8 stingrays, but only 2 of them actually do anything, and once you kill these 2, the chest appears, facing the wrong direction. WHATEVER you do, don't open it, or you'll just get the map. Just set up a warp, die, save, and warp back to get the boomerang.

Jabu's belly is messed up in general. Enemies appear in wrong places or are missing, all the tentacles are blue, and in the room where you raise the water, the water reaches the ceiling and there is no switch.

if this happens in Jabu, I wonder what it could do in other dungeons. Perhaps DC? :P

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012

corneliab

• Regular Guay
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2012, 02:00:04 PM »

Regarding Jabu, that sounds in-line with the sapphire/Ruto scene setup for Jabu's belly.

http://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time/Unused_scene_setups#Jabu_Jabu.27s_Belly_.2870.29.2C_scene_00
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 02:04:03 PM by corneliab »

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2012, 02:18:12 PM »

Regarding Jabu, that sounds in-line with the sapphire/Ruto scene setup for Jabu's belly.

http://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Ocarina_of_Time/Unused_scene_setups#Jabu_Jabu.27s_Belly_.2870.29.2C_scene_00
That's exactly it! I wonder if we can get to other unused scenes and if they're useful.
-
Also, you don't need to save and quit. Just dying and continuing puts you back in normal Jabu, and game mode seems to return to normal. No weird warping going on when I leave or go to the boss.

corneliab

• Regular Guay
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2012, 02:50:07 PM »

Of those listed on that page, I've been to the Sacred Forest Meadow and Lost Woods ones. The most straightforward way to the SFM one is by placing a warp at SFM->LW. If you play the song of storms here the entire area turns dark save for the sky and the instances where lightning strikes. Pretty eerie looking.

For Lost Woods, placing a warp anywhere within the area will do (I think, I haven't tried LW->ZR yet). The game will crash if you walk too far into the room that leads to the Forest Stage or if you approach the structure where you play the memorization minigame with the Skull Kids. If you play the Sun's Song, most of the woods will be unloaded upon reload. The deku scrub is still submerged, and Saria's fairy is also on the bridge.

Obviously, these two places aren't too useful  :P

Yggdrasill

• Regular Guay
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 03:09:06 PM »

This total misinterpretation seems to be the root of your annoying-ass behavior towards me.

When I see your reply, it seems that this quote is for you...

An old grudge ? I have just replied to your posts

Anyway, I stop now this pitiful conflict, it seems that we cannot speak normally with you.

Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2012, 03:15:05 PM »

Corn, already tried many black screen CS setups. Ice cavern, GC, graveyard, lon lon, DMC and Zoras fountain (which is pretty weird) nothing useful, only good for messing around. Sad that the ocarina pedestal is gone.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 03:17:31 PM by Pedalpowertoast »

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2012, 03:22:41 PM »

Seems like the only useful one is the Jabu one for getting the boomerang, because the meeting ruto cutscene reactivates magic so you can warp.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 03:25:53 PM by 966623 »

corneliab

• Regular Guay
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2012, 03:36:39 PM »

Corn, already tried many black screen CS setups. Ice cavern, GC, graveyard, lon lon, DMC and Zoras fountain (which is pretty weird) nothing useful, only good for messing around. Sad that the ocarina pedestal is gone.

You've been to the unused Jabu scene? I thought that I got to it before, but I was doubtful since there were no tektites and the scene appeared to be the post-Jabu one (Ruto was standing on the outcrop). Jabu was still positioned further back, though.

It was my understanding that the area with the pedestal+tektites was related to an unused scene that was separate from the post Jabu one. Am I wrong?

mzxrules

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2012, 07:58:28 PM »

The blue light from the pedestal always appears if you enter the Temple of Time from a specific entrance point. It's not directly part of the Sheik introduction cutscene. A similar thing happens in Lon Lon Ranch: If you've woken up Talon and enter Lon Lon Ranch at entrance 02AE, little Epona will follow after you even though you haven't yet learned Epona's Song.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:39:19 PM by mzxrules »
Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

Yggdrasill

• Regular Guay
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2012, 03:37:13 AM »

The blue light from the pedestal always appears if you enter the Temple of Time from a specific entrance point. It's not directly part of the Sheik introduction cutscene. A similar thing happens in Lon Lon Ranch: If you've woken up Talon and enter Lon Lon Ranch at entrance 02AE, little Epona will follow after you even though you haven't yet learned Epona's Song.

Oh okay, thanks for the information :≠)

By the way, in some areas, when you get a black screen, "big chests" appear. For example in the Goron City, there ara 3 big chests wich contains bombs.
Do you know what causes it ?

Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2012, 06:55:44 AM »

By the way, in some areas, when you get a black screen, "big chests" appear. For example in the Goron City, there ara 3 big chests wich contains bombs.
Do you know what causes it ?

Lol

Yggdrasill

• Regular Guay
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2012, 09:12:19 AM »

Okay thanks, I had just read about Jabu Jabu's belly the first time lol

Speaking about Jabu Jabu, I don't know if it was already said, but if you set the warp into the boss room, you can warp to Vovagia's room
And if you set a warp to the Hyrule castle guard house, you are warped to the spirit temple (not a black screen for both warping)

Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2012, 09:22:11 AM »

Of course it doesn't black screen. Its caused by areas with cutscenes. Also we know where almost every warp takes us, so i dont know it its worth testing anymore.

Lol

Yggdrasill

• Regular Guay
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2012, 10:28:35 AM »

Yeah I know, it was just for precising.
Ok ok, so it could be nice to make a wrong warp list on the oot 3d page, no ? Like the wrong warp list on the oot page

Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2012, 12:47:42 PM »

We kinda have one. Still needs some stuff though.

Lol

r0bd0g

• Regular Guay
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2012, 05:20:50 PM »

If you want to find out where a warp goes... start with this page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArZNXsrf3f80dFZkM2pielR3Q1AyTi11ejQzLW5GYXc#gid=2

Find the entrance you're using. Then move over to this page:

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Debug_ROM:_Exit_List

Find your entrance number and look 4 lines down. That's the area it warps to. If you want to know where in that area you're going to turn up (if you're not using FW or leaving a grotto to get there) then head back to that first page and find your new entrance to see. You can run this process in reverse (look 4 lines up instead of down) if you want to try and find a way to warp to a particular place.

As far as testing things is concerned, I feel like there's still potential for black screen areas? They're a bit of an unknown in this whole thing. Besides that, there could possibly be time saves in warping between areas? More ways to break out of ww mode would be appreciated, like, I think that Jabu thing is a pretty interesting find. :p

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2012, 07:51:44 PM »

Magic is disabled in cut-scenes because your magic is set to zero. So, I don't know if in Jabu, if the Ruto cut-scene set the magic back to its correct value, or if one of the enemies dropped magic. So, having a magic restoring item or picking up magic bottles from enemies or grass (there usually aren't any around though) should allow FW again, unless regaining magic is also disabled for some reason.

corneliab

• Regular Guay
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2012, 08:22:11 PM »

If you want to find out where a warp goes... start with this page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArZNXsrf3f80dFZkM2pielR3Q1AyTi11ejQzLW5GYXc#gid=2

Find the entrance you're using. Then move over to this page:

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Debug_ROM:_Exit_List

Find your entrance number and look 4 lines down. That's the area it warps to. If you want to know where in that area you're going to turn up (if you're not using FW or leaving a grotto to get there) then head back to that first page and find your new entrance to see. You can run this process in reverse (look 4 lines up instead of down) if you want to try and find a way to warp to a particular place.

Awesome, this is just the kind of thing I needed- I was wondering how to get to the Chamber of Sages. Weird thing is though, Link seems to be tilted forward at an angle there. Haven't seen this happen elsewhere.

Being able to get the extra Heart Piece in the Graveyard scene is also pretty nifty, if only as a novelty. 

Magic is disabled in cut-scenes because your magic is set to zero. So, I don't know if in Jabu, if the Ruto cut-scene set the magic back to its correct value, or if one of the enemies dropped magic. So, having a magic restoring item or picking up magic bottles from enemies or grass (there usually aren't any around though) should allow FW again, unless regaining magic is also disabled for some reason.

The problem isn't simply "you're out of magic". I've gotten magic jars in the scene state before- it does nothing. If you try drinking a magic-restoring potion the game will also hang, as was mentioned earlier. Magic functionality just seems totally disabled for whatever reason.

mzxrules

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2012, 02:55:26 PM »

In regards to scene setups... In my experience the numbering used by TCRF is wrong. Scene Setups aren't used exclusively for cutscenes, they are also used to make an area day/night and child/adult, as well as for progressing an area to it's next state. From memory, the first four scene setups for Kokiri Forest are Child Day, Child Night, Adult Pre-Forest Medallion, and Adult Post-Forest Medallion, and only then do you get to the first cutscene setup (04), used for the Farore's Wind Creation Cutscene.

With Death Hole WW, it seems like the scene setup loaded is the one used for Cutscene 00, but the setup itself is not 00.
Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2013, 11:08:42 AM »

Yes weird things can happen with this glitch lol. Maybe we will find a proper warp for a DoT skip

Otherwise, there is my video about ganon tower escape using FW on Y button (or X if you want, it doesn't matter) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ7IW3AgX-c

I have also found a way to reach the BK in water temple as child, and I'm very very close to reach boss room. But it isn't the right thread to speak about this. I will keep you informed on the R&D thread
Ygg posted that when DH was first found. Not to mention Fox already discovered a way to skip him by playing Nocturne of shadow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFVOCNTTVig
Yggs method only uses FW thats what makes it different.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:11:42 AM by Pedalpowertoast »

Lol

DropDead

• Deku Scrub
  • I'm no good
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2013, 06:57:25 PM »

I've never seen this before sorry for being late, still despite its glory it won't help Any% only MST or 100%

Multisnivy

• Regular Guay
  • Dont be hatin on my swag dawg:p
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2013, 06:59:05 PM »

well ya gotta start somewhere... :P
Be serious bro, the muffin is coming for you >:)

DropDead

• Deku Scrub
  • I'm no good
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2013, 08:19:12 PM »

meaning?

Kinglong5555

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2013, 10:37:01 PM »

For me, entering ToT doesn't make it sound like the adult intro cutscene. I don't think there was any music. It places me in front of the master sword pedestal, and i can pull the sword to become an adult. (DoT skip?)
So, about that "new dot skip"...

Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2013, 04:30:08 AM »

Yep, we found that yesterday...

Are you 966623?

Lol

Kinglong5555

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2013, 09:35:34 AM »

Uh, nope

Benzouz

• Regular Guay
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2013, 05:15:56 AM »

Hi eveyone
I was wondering if you had an advice for me to perform this glitch quite constently (unless that's impossible)
For the moment the technique I use is home bouton buffering till I hit the right frame and then I get in the hole
But it's not as simple, it's easy to miss the frame and then you just die and have to start all over

I saw videos of other ways: running the exact distance for the bomb to explode, rolling into the hole while explosion, or just jump with the bomb with the right timing (my god how's that even possible !!!), but I can't manage any of them
Maybe there's something I don't know about these methods that would help me

Thank you ;)

gamestabled

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • B e t A Q u e S t
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2013, 09:20:51 AM »

That "rolling into the hole" is actually a lot more consistent than it looks, the best method that I've tried.
It actually has a large window for success, and it guarantees that you will get the falling through the hole death, which means you don't need a fairy. I recommend it.
when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw

benstephens1000

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I'm the worst
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2013, 06:11:28 PM »

I'm gonna put this here so I never have to explain this again. These are my strats for the role method of death hole wrong warp.

Right off the bat, this setup only works if the grotto is on level ground. Out of the grottos you can use to DHWW, the only important one I've found that isn't on level ground is the Hyrule Field tree grotto.

First you'll want to get as close to the grotto as you can, or pretty close to it. An easy way to judge this is to side walk toward the grotto. Now face the grotto and get centered with it. Once lined up you need to do a 180 degree turn to be facing away from the hole (shield turns are easy).

Once in the proper position, do a neutral roll, sidehop away from the hole, backflip, sidehop towards the hole, and do another 180 degree turn. At this point you shield drop a bomb, however you can not instantly shield drop it after taking it out. This will result in the bomb being off-centered.

Immediately after dropping the bomb (to ensure you don't accidentally pick it up) do a backflip, flick your shield or untarget and retarget (to prevent you from doing a sideroll), and do a neutral roll.

Now one more neutral roll ought to put you into the hole if you did everything correctly. This final roll needs to be timed to after the bomb explodes. I estimate this to be somewhere between 1/4 - 1/2 a second. If you don't die you're too early. If you die on top of the hole, you're late. The timing is pretty lenient though.

Just to clarify this method with this setup is the most reliable way to do a death hole wrong warp that I have yet to find. It is also the easiest method I have ever used.

Enjoy
"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012

PhreakLogic

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2013, 11:10:18 PM »

The method Ben is referring to in the above post is the only method I use for DHWW, and I love it. Not only does it feel very consistent, but it's actually quite fun to perform.

I was wondering if there was a list of currently know DHWWs, I tried looking at the two lists posted earlier in this thread and looking for WWs I know exist such as DoT skip without any luck of seeing the entrance to exit.

Seb9kplus

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2014, 05:18:45 AM »

Hey, i haz returned to ask something real quick. I'm not sure this is the right place to ask but anyway. So today I finally decided to try wrong warping/death hole warp for the first time, after trying out the majority of other fun glitches. I tried two times. First I attempted to warp to Dampť's Grave as Child Link. Using some document I saw that by planting Farore's Wind outside the potion shop, I should get there. I tried and sure enough I got to his grave, but spawned like 30 'meters' away from where you usually enter the grave, so I just died and died in infinity falling down and couldn't possibly reach the actual area.

My next try was to reach Ice Cavern as Child Link, and I planted a FW by the tower at Lon Lon Ranch. I have no idea what happened then, I appeared and heard the music from the Ice Cavern but couldn't do or see anything.
My question is, what am I doing wrong and is there any way to actually get to these places using wrong warp correctly? Naturally I wanna see if I can get the hookshot and iron boots before going adult. Is there perhaps a way to wrong warp as child to the cutscene where sheik teaches you the serenade of water and hence get the boots + song?
My YouTube channel where I post random gaming stuff: http://www.youtube.com/user/Seb9001gaming

5311216gnik

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »

For the dampe grave, you cast it inside the zora shop, and that's the only ice cavern warp there is (except casting fw inside ice cavern of course :p)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:38:39 AM by 5311216gniK »

Pedalpowertoast

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2014, 09:40:04 AM »

For the latter one I have an answer. Our problem is the fact that the coordinates place us OoB somewhere. The only way to get to Ice Cavern would be to land in bounds somehow and then Save and quit which isnt possible. Even if we could somehow save and get to the entrance, we have no way to get past the high ledges in one of the rooms :( You mightve noticed that the whole screen was dark when you got to Ice Cavern, this is because you warped into the serenade cutscene. For some reason warping to a cutscene in the DHWW mode causes the whole screen to become dark. You can regain visibility by throwing a deku nut.

As for FWWW to Serenade, that just isnt possible. Afaik theres no warp to Serenade.

Lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3