ZSR Forums
April 24, 2024, 06:36:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Boss Time Attack  (Read 196771 times)
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2012, 02:00:08 AM »

@poodleskirt how is that proof you have no bottles? You are only showing part of the screen, so it is perfectly plausible that you could be hiding the bottles over on the edge.

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2012, 07:01:40 PM »

Notice Link's hand is left handed = Not Master Quest.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2012, 01:10:08 AM »

@Thundrio, I actually beat my record again today and managed to take a better picture of the pause menu outside of Twin Rova's warp, here it is (05:53.43):

Obviously no bottles. Here's the actual time (05:53.93):

Sorry if my last post was unclear, I thought you could sufficiently see that there were no bottles on the side. I made sure to take a better pic this time. I am proud of this time since it's my record and I've only gotten sub 6:00 three times. I don't see how the images would be insufficient proof, but I can give you a play by play of the run if need be. I use a couple strats not used by pokey and aleckermit in their old runs, and none of them involve timer manipulation.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:28:49 AM by poodleskirt » Logged
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2012, 03:29:01 AM »

Well you still are not showing the stuff you currently have equipped, and so you could conceivably have bottles there. Besides as Greenalink said it looks like link is left handed in that picture, and AFAIK link is right handed in MQ

poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2012, 03:38:31 AM »

@thundrio: First, you *can* see what I have equipped on that screen. The buttons on the right side of the grid show what you have equipped currently. There is no way I could have a bottle in my inventory and not have it show up on the bottom screen while paused. And yes, this is not Master Quest, I don't claim that it is.

On top of the images posted above I decided to try to film myself playing 3DS a bit. I emailed you a video (from my university email account) showing me getting to Twin Rova in 3:46 before getting trolled/owned by her, proving that the time posted above is easily possible without bottles or any other kind of clock manipulation. Sorry for the low quality of the video, I was having to reach around my laptop as it sat on my lap and filmed the screen.

I advise you to watch me getting owned by Twin Rova, for the lulz.
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2012, 03:45:20 AM »

I'm sorry i did not see the items on the side of the screen. If you look at the forums, the image is zoomed in a lot from the actual image, and so you should be able to see why I thought you were hiding something.

Sorry for the accusation, and good job on the time, it looks pretty good.

poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2012, 03:51:04 AM »

Yeah, I'm sorry about the giant images. Imgur does that to me for some reason. You were right to be skeptical given the weird new cheat thing, so it's nothing to apologize for :-)
poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2012, 08:34:40 PM »

But yeah, obviously not a lot of people care about the 3DS Boss time trials, but I don't think there's any reason the Bottle thing should ruin them. Anyone who can take a picture of their time in the boss select screen is obviously capable of taking a picture of their inventory right before the run ends.

In my opinion, for those bosses where it's impossible to prove you didn't use a bottle by using pictures, thundrio should either decide that the bottle thing is legal in just those boss fights or that filming it is required (since pretty much everyone has a webcam). No reason to let a silly glitch ruin the time trials. Personally I would say filming is the way to go, since I think the runs should be about beating the bosses quickly, not playing with bottles.
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2012, 07:08:43 PM »

I don't really care anymore to be honest. I put the time attack tables on zsr/oot3d so that any editor could update if they felt like it, but I really don't see myself ever updating the tables anymore. It's just too much work for something I don't care about anymore.

Sorry.

=)

Nook
Special Guay

« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2012, 11:46:21 PM »

I don't really care anymore to be honest. I put the time attack tables on zsr/oot3d so that any editor could update if they felt like it, but I really don't see myself ever updating the tables anymore. It's just too much work for something I don't care about anymore.

Sorry.

=)
The guy worked hard for his time and wants to show it on a site with sections made for this. Denying him that is pretty rude

poodleskirt
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2012, 11:49:50 PM »

@Thundrio, totally understood :-) I wouldn't want to have to deal with a responsibility that I didn't care about, either

@TomNook, thanks for going to bat, but it's really not a big deal at all :-)
FapyN
Deku Scrub

« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2012, 01:56:17 AM »

Hi there guys,

I just joined these forums and actually only for one question xD Could I add my Boss Rush Records to the tables? I will of course use the ones from the "none-glitch" save. I also have a save where i am having fun with the glitches, but thats a seperate thing.

So if there is anyone still updating the boss rush tables I would take pictures of my times (havn´t done any yet, but i will soon) and upload em. Are there actually any other rules except fro no bottles? Should I rather do the time attack on MQ just to make sure i get no bottles?
Anavrin
Regular Guay

And then will there be none?

« Reply #192 on: April 22, 2012, 04:19:01 AM »

So today I shaved a few frames out of this.

Sonicpacker : I'm going to import SilentSlayers' crotch into Toad's Tool
SilentSlayers : I don't think there's enough memory...
johanelbe
Deku Scrub

Jag gillar Magikarps.

« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2012, 05:41:58 PM »

[we can't access your hard drive lol]

johanelbe
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:21:18 PM by mzxrules » Logged
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »

You need to upload the photo to a image hosting site such as...

http://www.imgur.com
or
http://www.photobucket.com

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
  Print  

Jump to: