ZSR Forums
April 24, 2024, 08:19:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 827875 times)
Glitchymon
Deku Scrub

« Reply #1065 on: June 29, 2013, 02:02:39 AM »

Kind of makes sense because the majority of the  Death Hole wrong warps take you to areas the fire temple blue warp would take you. Unfortunately most of the warps have been found already Sad
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #1066 on: June 29, 2013, 10:35:30 AM »

Apparently when you set Farore's Wind after playing Boss Battle, the FW Entrance Index is set to FF FF FF FF. This can explain why the game seem to crash and reset.

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #1067 on: June 29, 2013, 11:51:23 AM »

It actually warps to the title screen Tongue

What kind of stuff can you research with the save file dongle thing? Values of different things?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #1068 on: June 29, 2013, 12:57:46 PM »

It actually warps to the title screen Tongue

What kind of stuff can you research with the save file dongle thing? Values of different things?

Are you positive that it actually warps to the title screen?
Because I am pretty sure that the entrance index FF FF FF FF isn't used. It seems more likely that the game simply resets back to the title screen when it attempts to warp to a non-existing entrance. (which is what I meant by crash. The game forces itself back to the title screen)

And yeah, I can look at values and offsets of everything that is stored in a save file. It isn't that useful, but it can be used to get an insight in various oddities like the iron/hover boots.
If we had a way to generate proper checksums after editing the savefiles it would however allow us to test a lot of things which aren't normally possible as of now. (like Ocarina as item for example)

Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #1069 on: June 29, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »

Yeah, sorry its a reset to the title screen, i thought you meant like the error screen or something.

Hmm, interesting...

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #1070 on: June 29, 2013, 03:18:49 PM »

Looked into the save file and this is the explanation I came up with when it comes to Bottle Duping over blank buttons.

When you use Shield Swipe Bottle Dupe to dupe over a blank button it dupes properly. However, since the item slot linked to the button you duped over still is value FF (blank), the games inventory system will still treat it as a blank button.
As a result, you won't see the bottle (the button will still be displayed as if it was empty), and as soon as the game reads the inventory grid again the slot will be disabled.
An interesting side-effect however is that by doing this, you can change the item linked to item slot FF (Blank). You can see which item you've written onto FF by highlighting a blank slot in the inventory menu. To do this, simply select an item you can't equip, then use the touch screen to attempt to move the item to a blank I, X, Y, II slot twice fast. The empty slot should be highlighted, and you'll see a transparent icon of the item linked to slot FF.

A glitch I found over a year ago, I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it.
When using shield swipe to bottle dupe, normally you'd use it to dupe over I, X, Y, II or B.
But if you use the Ocarina, the game will bottle dupe over Deku Sticks.
1.Get Empty Bottle in hand
2.Use Ocarina
3.Shield Swipe to catch something
Deku Sticks will be overwritten. This allows you to bottle dupe over Deku Sticks as adult link.

Using B item while riding a horse or fishing:
1. Save to make link put away any item that he may be holding in his hand.
2. Save again, but this time, mash the B button while resuming the game.
3. You will use your B item

Link will put away the item instantly, just like with RI. (this is because he changes back to bow/fishing rod)
This makes it possible to escape the fishing pond with FW/Bombs on B and activate Remote Control Epona using a cutscene item on B.

Some more archery oddities:
If you use a bomb to "escape" the archery game and then use up all the arrows by L-Targeting, the bottom screen will return to it's normal state, but everything else stays in the archery game state.
In other words, you can use the start button, open the gear/map/items screen and go into first person mode, but nothing happens when you attempt to use iron/hover boots.
You can't speak with the owner, but when you finish reading the sign, the archery game will end.

If you escape the horseback archery, the conversation that takes place after it will be stored, even after entering another scene. Going there as a child when it's stored does nothing. (It may have been removed somewhere along the lines)

How Time Travel works:
First time you become adult, you'll set 3 flags from what I can tell. I assume they're for the various cutscenes that play, because it turns out none of the flag actually affect your gear screen.
This is how it works:

Every time you time travel:
-If you had a shield equipped previously, but you no have it, it will be unequipped.
-If you had a tunic/boots equipped previously, but you no longer own it, it will equip Kokiri Tunic/Kokiri Boots.
-The game will look at the I,X,Y,II buttons for an item with a value of 20 or higher (20 is the lowest value of a bottle), if it finds one, it'll look 4 bytes ahead to see which item slot the button is attached too, and update the button value to that of the item attached to the item slot. Since the B button doesn't have it's own item slot byte, it'll end up on the II button value instead, and use that as the item slot reference, allowing you to choose where to point it too.
If child link didn't automatically equip Master Sword & Kokiri Sword during time travel, BA would work on child link as well.

When you turn into an adult:
-Child Link will equip Master Sword
-Adult Link will get Master Sword

When you turn into an adult, and adult links B button is set to 0xFF/255 (Empty Button/Blank):
-Equip Kokiri Tunic
-Equip Kokiri Boots
-Equip Hylian Shield (if you have it)
-Equip Master Sword

When you turn into a child:
-Equip Kokiri Sword

These seem to be all that happens during time travel.

bit 0x4 at address 0xB6 (Gerudo Mask RBA)
This bitflag decides if you have a sword in the 3rd sword slot.

bit 0x8 at address 0xB6 (Gerudo Mask RBA)
This bitflag decides if the Giant's Knife is broken. This bitflag is only visual and changes the appearence in the Gear Screen and B Button.
The Giant's Knife (Broken) will only be displayed in the gear screen if the Giant's Knife bitflag is set.

address 0x4A
This is the Giant's Knife counter and decides how many hits you have left before the knife breaks. This counter is what decides if the knife is broken or not when you use it.
If this counter is set to 0, but the Giant's Knife broken flag isn't set, you'll have the regular Giant's Knife, but it'll act as Giant's Knife (Broken).

bit 0x1 at address 0x51
This bitflag decides if the Giant's Knife is a Biggoron Sword.

Deku Stick on B without overstuffing or NG+: (This is the fastest Ingo horse riding state method I've found that works on a file which haven't equipped a sword)
Pay Ingo to ride horses.
RI FW out of lon lon ranch. (You will stay in the Ingo horse riding state, don't worry about the timer, nothing happens when it runs out)
Become child.
Play bombchu bowling or shooting gallery and exit to get chu/sling on B. (Since you're in the Ingo horse riding state, the game won't replace chu/sling/bow on B)
Go to fishing pond & borrow rod. (because of the Ingo horse riding state, you'll still have the chu/sling stored on B, and the only way to push them to Temp B in this state is to borrow the fishing rod)
Save & Quit.
Load file.

You'll have chu/slingshot on B, but when you load the file, the game will instantly replace it with Temp B, which is Deku Stick.

Whenever you enter the Fishing Pond with Fishing Rod on B, the game will put Temp B on your B Button. This is why we can enter the pond after stealing rod to receive the deku stick.

As we all know, if you haven't equipped a sword, whenever you save, die, etc. with an item that isn't a sword on B, the B button will become blank instead of giving you the Temp B.
And you're also able to perform the Lon Lon Stick glitch if you haven't equipped a sword.

Well, there's a way to get all these effects on a file that have equipped a sword.
Go to Ganon and lose Master Sword to empty the B button.
Save & Quit.
Load the file again.
The flag which stores that you haven't equipped a sword is now set again, so you're able to perform lon lon stick, and you'll get all the other B button effects that goes with it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:24:20 PM by CloudMax » Logged

benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #1071 on: August 16, 2013, 12:26:44 PM »

So for quite awhile I've wanted to test something that was until not too long ago impossible. It's what some (Toast) call Ben%. Basically when I started to run this game I realized that there is one frame to use your B button before getting the Goron bracelet. I wanted to figure out why that would happen if you could warp away in this frame using NG+ FW. Well I finally tested on an MQ file getting Jabu chis early to get magic. The results were disappointing I guess. I was hoping the trigger to start the CS would be gone and you wouldn't have the bracelet thus locking yourself out of being able to beat the game. However I suppose the game probably checks if the bracelet is in your inventory to decide whether or not to play the CS. So what happened was I did not get the bracelet and the trigger for the CS was still there when I warped away.

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Byak
Deku Scrub

Dash! Dash! Dash!

Email
« Reply #1072 on: August 16, 2013, 04:17:05 PM »

However I suppose the game probably checks if the bracelet is in your inventory to decide whether or not to play the CS. So what happened was I did not get the bracelet and the trigger for the CS was still there when I warped away.

That kinda makes sense. I suppose in a similar fashion the same happens when you use FW just at the moment of entering a blue warp (adult Link for this example). You FW warp at the right point, the game gives you the medallion and would normally play the following cutscene but instead sends you back to where the FW warp was made. And since you obtain the medallion, the cutscene would never play because the game has checked your inventory for it.

I am the best, yes, Impact!
Dash! Dash! Dash!
gamestabled
Site Editor
Special Guay

B e t A Q u e S t

« Reply #1073 on: August 16, 2013, 04:47:01 PM »

That kinda makes sense. I suppose in a similar fashion the same happens when you use FW just at the moment of entering a blue warp (adult Link for this example). You FW warp at the right point, the game gives you the medallion and would normally play the following cutscene but instead sends you back to where the FW warp was made. And since you obtain the medallion, the cutscene would never play because the game has checked your inventory for it.

If you RBA a medallion then go into the respective blue warp, the cutscene will still play. And if youve seen a cutscene, delete the medallion, then go into the warp again, the cutscene will not play again. Whether youve seen the cutscene is independent of whether  you have the medallion.

Ben, did you get the bracelet after the second time you saw the cutscene?

when i grow up, i wanna be just like taylortotftw
benstephens1000
Site Editor
Special Guay

I'm the worst

Email
« Reply #1074 on: August 16, 2013, 05:40:43 PM »

Yeah I got the bracelet the second time. I should just be able to go and watch the CS ad many times as I want as long as I don't get the bracelet. I guess it could also check to see if the whole CS has played... I guess someone could try deleting the bracelet via RBA and see if they can get the CS to play again. If you do this IT'LL probably have to be a file where DC isn't beaten so you'd have to Dot skip then put FW behind the door to return.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 05:48:31 PM by benstephens1000 » Logged

"tsmart yashichidsf wild dumb bitch" -Isaacordorica 2012
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #1075 on: November 21, 2013, 09:36:16 PM »

Some random stuff I forgot to put here...

"Alpha" Camera Spin inbounds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frnAoZpB6EI

Language Speed Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IucX1jtQcig

Lol
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #1076 on: January 10, 2014, 07:25:46 AM »

OoT 64 can now put get any BA item on Child Link. Does this work for OoT3d, without resorting to NG+? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-QLm6GkWeE

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1077 on: January 12, 2014, 06:32:44 AM »

As far as I know, it won't because ganondoor isn't doable on oot3d. I tried DHWW to Ganon but that blanked out my b button and I died which resulted in the kokiri sword being reset to b. Amazing discovery and theory though.
5311216gnik
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #1078 on: January 12, 2014, 07:02:51 AM »

As far as I know, it won't because ganondoor isn't doable on oot3d. I tried DHWW to Ganon but that blanked out my b button and I died which resulted in the kokiri sword being reset to b. Amazing discovery and theory though.
try doing it with a fairy, like in all dungeons ng+, it shouldn't harm the b button
Squirelofjustice
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1079 on: January 14, 2014, 02:50:54 AM »

I was just thinking about that this morning. Give me a day or two and i'll let you know what happens. Maybe a vid too.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 75
  Print  

Jump to: