ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:04:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 75
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT3D: Trick Research and Discovery Thread  (Read 815123 times)
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2011, 07:45:37 PM »

Great job with Gerudo Training ground stuff Cloudmax! I didn't know you can hookshot clip so fast in there. I tried it but didn't get it. Good work! Smiley

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2011, 08:16:14 PM »

Ok so today I've found 2 Hookshot OoBs in Shadow Temple, Spirit Temple and Ganons Castle (one in Forest Trial and one in the final staircase to Ganondorf's room).

I can also confirm that holding your shield during a Bombslide does not let Link defend himself during a cutscene, therefore you cannot do the trick where you can keep your Master Sword against Ganon's first phase.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2011, 08:58:14 PM »

My power has been out or I would have made this sooner. This is what I have found:
50 bullet bag without slingshot still works.
Slingshot skip (jump past fire circles like a champ)
Getting Zelda's Lullaby moves Mido
New way to get FHESS (rolling into enemies like the gold skulltula in ZR. I can't rock clip though.)
Gainer still works and is still useless.
Inverted cam is in but the timing is different.

My file right now has no sword or Deku shield. I have beaten Dodongo's Cavern and have a ton of other items. I will make a thread once I see the maximum amount of things you can get without sword/shield.

EDIT: You can't cast rod without a sword.
EDIT EDIT: I forgot to say that I dove off the edge in Hyrule Castle using a chicken.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 09:25:14 PM by Pokey » Logged

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2011, 09:45:24 PM »

I do have an idea for shadow early. Pobably not going to work, but hat the hell.

In one of the water temple videos I saw that torches were loaded even when the room they were in wasn't. I think that is new. So maybe the torches in front of shadow are also loaded. If so you might just be able to hookshot them from the graveyard with a longshot. Sadly I don't have a 3DS, so I can't test.

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2011, 09:48:57 PM »

I do have an idea for shadow early. Pobably not going to work, but hat the hell.

In one of the water temple videos I saw that torches were loaded even when the room they were in wasn't. I think that is new. So maybe the torches in front of shadow are also loaded. If so you might just be able to hookshot them from the graveyard with a longshot. Sadly I don't have a 3DS, so I can't test.

I tried that earlier, and it does not work.
And I think what you saw was one of my videos when I hookshoted to unload the main room. Am I right?
If that is the case, I hookshoted onto one of those hookshot squares (which never seem to unload, ever), while the normal torches appears to be gone.
Sad, but true.

Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2011, 09:54:50 PM »

Ah ok. Well that sucks then. Damn they should have put a crate near the warp platform.

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2011, 09:57:27 PM »

Ah ok. Well that sucks then. Damn they should have put a crate near the warp platform.

Agreed. There is so many places I wish they would have put crates at now.
Like next to the gate at gerudo fortress for example, so that you could clip right through it and skip saving the workers and stuff Tongue
Couldn't they just have been slightly dumber when designing the areas Sad

SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2011, 10:09:32 PM »

Could we get this grotto glitch on video?
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2011, 10:57:44 PM »

Could we get this grotto glitch on video?

I can make a video of it now.
It should be up within 30min.
After that I have to sleep, it is 1am. :<

Edit:
Okay, I failed. I did not get stuck on the grotto like you're suppost to when you're doing the death hole glitch. I fell until I got into the void and spawned in wrong grotto insted. Though, I guess it is worth uploading that aswell.
I will upload it tommorow.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:16:29 PM by CloudMax » Logged

brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

This is my own personal text. You cannot have it.

WWW Email
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2011, 11:04:38 PM »

I got into the Water Temple early without Iron boots, wasn't sure if this was found or not yet. I can't make a video, but basically, I got Epona, clipped into the middle of the lake house by dismounting her right into the corner of it. It looks as though there is solid ground there, but you can jump down (Link will fall for a bit then land in water), and then just navigate using the minimap into the loading zone. Sorry if this has been found, but I thought it was cool.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:08:52 PM by brynnagiadrosich » Logged

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward."

Goal: To speed run Twilight Princess 100%
http://www.youtube.com/user/brynnagiadrosich
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2011, 11:14:27 PM »

I got into the Water Temple early without Iron boots, wasn't sure if this was found or not yet. I can't make a video, but basically, I got Epona, clipped into the middle of the lake house by dismounting her right into the corner of it. It looks as though there is solid ground there, but you can jump down (Link will fall for a bit then land in water), and then just navigate using the minimap into the loading zone. Sorry if this has been found, but I thought it was cool.

This is new and amazing. aleckermit got into WT without Iron Boots today, but he used bombs to clip out of bounds.

Gonna try this right now. Good job and thanks a lot.
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

This is my own personal text. You cannot have it.

WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2011, 11:19:18 PM »

This is new and amazing. aleckermit got into WT without Iron Boots today, but he used bombs to clip out of bounds.

Gonna try this right now. Good job and thanks a lot.

Thanks, I hoped to find at least one glitch in this game because it's new. Yeah, it's pretty easy, I got it on my first try, just make sure Link's leg is through the corner of the building, dismount, and you should end up in the building itself. When you fall into the water, the camera never changed for me, so you'll have to use the minimap.

Hope this is useful, I assume we could skip iron boots now?

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward."

Goal: To speed run Twilight Princess 100%
http://www.youtube.com/user/brynnagiadrosich
CloudMax
Site Editor
Mega Guay

« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2011, 11:19:30 PM »

The question is if it is worth getting epona just to get into WT early.
It is great in runs that make use of epona, but I can imagine that using bombs would be better otherwise.
Great find though!

And yes, we may be able to skip iron boots as spelldive still works, you can bomb your way over to the ocarina spot, and you can clip OoB Smiley
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:21:27 PM by CloudMax » Logged

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »

Water Temple Early Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPvJKmuSFbM

It's not just a simple MrGrunz clip so be sure to read the description.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
MrGrunz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2011, 12:57:56 AM »

Here's a nice Water Temple Break, that might be very very useful if we ever find a way to reach the boss door ledge without longshot:

- Hookshot clip OoB at the bottom part of the main room
- Swim over under that ground in front of that locked key door
- face the other way around (opposite direction to the door)
- Hold Z, Swim backwards (you should always fall for a few frames and then end up in the water again)
- Smash the Bomb button like hell to drop a bomb while falling for a few frames (the bomb will lay on the ground above you)
- Wait for the bomb to explode and swim at the right time out of the OoB water so the bomb hits you and boosts you on to the ground

This is really easy and allows us to get the Boss Key right after collecting the first 2 keys.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 75
  Print  

Jump to: