ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:31:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's mask Speed run help  (Read 5911 times)
Heosa
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: June 07, 2011, 12:09:27 AM »

Ok so I'm planning on a majoras mask speed run at a goal of 1:45:00 but I can't find any fucking cartridges.I'm not really gonna trust ebay after all of the ripoffs and sure as hell not doing it on the Gamecube Collector's disc for its poor framerate.What would be a good option.Just do it on gamecube or does the wii emulate good?Or am I gonna get excited for finally getting it and have a fucking slow down to like 10fps in westclocktown again?So what should I do Ebay,GC,or VC

Edit: PS I don't have a wii yet so it could take a while if i do that.

mzxrules says: Use the edit button plox.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 04:16:04 AM by mzxrules » Logged
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 04:14:02 AM »

No point in getting a Wii when the new console is coming out soon. Just play on N64.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Gragledump
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 04:44:55 AM »

get a wii if you have the money, its worth it
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 10:13:58 AM »

Well if you don't want to trust Ebay there's always Amazon... Either way this decision is up to you but a little something for you to know is that VC saves about a minute or 2 due to less lag but the sensitivity was screwed up when porting it so you can't do HESS, personally I use the VC version but only because I don't have a N64.
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 03:35:13 PM »

only care about versions..
want sub 1:45..

you get no help from me, i refuse

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 07:20:14 PM »

IMO get an N64 cartridge; VC isn't really important unless you only care about the numbers (it's treated the same way as using Japanese text in OoT). The advantage of HESS + better controls on N64 probably cancels out a lot of the VC advantage anyway.

If you're going for 1:45, you're going to have one hell of a time doing so. My 1:49 was a complete miracle after playing for 7 months nearly every day - there's so much luck involved in running this game that it's ridiculous (although nowhere NEAR as much as with TP). Also, I plan to work on a MM any% improvement this summer, so you'd be competing with me if you were going for a SS.

IMO, you should do MM any% segmented if you want to do an any% run for this game. Segmented is probably better for beginners anyway (although it involves a lot of optimization these days - something I'm not particularly good at), and it circumvents most of the luck based bullshit associated with the SS run.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Heosa
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 07:23:23 PM »

Well if I can't find a cartridge in 3 weeks at a reasonable price then i will hold off the speedrun because I don't want to sit and waste time for other things in Like OoT I can do but I will try
zeldazoneman
Regular Guay

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »

go kijiji. its better. more people use it and its not just in canada.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: