Author Topic: Site Issues? Please post here  (Read 83937 times)

Offline Whatsoup

• Deku Scrub
  • yeah
Re: Site Issues? Please post here
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2012, 07:19:38 PM »
I don't know if it's just me, but I can't log in to the leaderboards. I'll type in my name and pass, but the page will basically just refresh when I hit enter or click log in.
twitch.tv/whatsoup
twitter.com/whatsoup_

Offline Abahbob

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • I make videos of games that are done very fast.
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2012, 07:29:47 PM »
I don't know if it's just me, but I can't log in to the leaderboards. I'll type in my name and pass, but the page will basically just refresh when I hit enter or click log in.

Do you have a ZSR account, not a ZSR forums one?

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2012, 02:27:03 AM »
Yea, the ZSR forum accounts are separate from the ZSR site accounts. I think you have to talk to maxx to set up a ZSR site account.
Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

Offline DeathBasket

• Regular Guay
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2013, 04:58:41 AM »
(hopefully this is the right place)

I need to reset my password on the main site so I can submit new leaderboard times but I can't because I just get sent to an error page. pls fix kthx

Offline Glozboy

• Regular Guay
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2013, 09:10:03 AM »
I'm having the same problem as the poster above, I put my email address in and got the 'ERROR' screen.
Currently playing: Ocarina of Time (GC)
Working on: No RBA/WW

Offline Jbop

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • Potatoes are useful.
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2013, 09:08:51 AM »
24 now :(
Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.

Offline ronnoc3115

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2014, 04:41:12 PM »
The site is up for me, but when I look at it all of the "collapsed" links are out and overlap each other making navigation difficult, and none of the pictures or videos load properly on any page. I tried on both Chrome and Firefox. Here is a screenshot of how it looks.

Offline Tompa

• Regular Guay
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2014, 04:56:49 AM »
Yeah, it's the same for everyone at the moment. Not sure why it's like that :/.
May the Triforce be with you.

Offline CloudMax

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
    • CloudModding
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2014, 03:10:18 AM »
A temporary fix for the broken stuff on ZSR that I put together the other day http://cloudmodding.com/zsr/fix.html
Just follow the simple instructions on that page.
This is the piece of code that it runs:
Code: [Select]
javascript:$("head").html($("head").html().replace(/(stylesheets\/bootstrap(-select)?\.min)"/g,"$1.css\"").replace(/(javascripts\/bootstrap(-select)?\.min)"/g,"$1.js\""));void(0);It fixes the broken bootstrap paths so that you'll be able to at least navigate the site.

Offline Njordr

• Deku Scrub
  • God of the Winds and Seas
    • Miasma | UT2004 Community
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2014, 10:38:38 AM »
Am I the only one having issues with the main site? These forums are fine, but it seems that the main URL (zeldaspeedruns.com) takes much longer than most other sites to load. Using the most recent versions of Opera, Chrome and Firefox show slow loading times. Even my Nexus 5 struggles to load the webpage.

Don't know if it's just me, but it was faster a couple weeks ago. Figured I should let someone know, just in case.

Offline Jbop

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • Potatoes are useful.
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2014, 10:41:14 AM »
The site was just moved to a new host.
Because its OoT.

Offline Njordr

• Deku Scrub
  • God of the Winds and Seas
    • Miasma | UT2004 Community
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2014, 05:28:42 PM »
I know that. I just didn't think that would've been the problem. Although, maybe if it has something to do with making the initial connection to the website's server, compared to already being connected (first loading as opposed to browsing the site, I mean). I was just curious, it's a tad annoying but not a huge problem.

Damn this new technology, I have no patience anymore  :P

Offline Razor7581

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
    • Youtube
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2014, 08:25:13 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that none of the images on the site are working anymore? Also, has anyone else been having trouble uploading videos to ZSR's youtube? I haven't been able to get anything to upload for months.
Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2014, 12:47:33 PM »
none of the images are "working" because we lost almost all of the images on the site a few months back when we were having server issues.
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

Offline Killuas

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2014, 06:02:23 PM »
I think this is the right section to post about this.

When I go to "Edit Account" and put in new settings I get an error that says "Password doesn't match confirmation". I have checked several times by logging in and out and the password I am entering is correct. When I try to change my password it takes me to an error page, leaving me unable to change my password to try to resolve it. I'm not sure if this is relevant, but when I log out it takes me to an error page as well.

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2014, 06:59:20 AM »
Internet's been out for a week...

Do you mean on the forums, or the front page site?
Braid

Offline Bonooru

• Regular Guay
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2014, 06:21:22 AM »
So this isnt the site specifically, but this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfP5ljrc36E) video has terrible quality. Im a big fan of having videos of the glitches but, this isnt the least bit helpful.

EDIT: Its fixed now. Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:45:06 PM by Bonooru »

Offline Jbop

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • Potatoes are useful.
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2015, 05:44:35 PM »
"Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/zeldaadmin/forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3"

On forums pages.
Because its OoT.

Offline RainingChain

• Deku Scrub
    • Raining Chain
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2015, 09:31:14 AM »
It happens quite often that the website is down and the default Heroku error page is shown.

I don't quite understand why ZSR doesn't use a custom error page. That page could display a decent error message and a link to let say speedrunslive or the ZSR twitter.

For more info about setting custom error pages: https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/error-pages

The website already uses S3 Amazon AWS so it would take a minute to set up.

Offline Jbop

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
  • Potatoes are useful.
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2015, 10:29:44 AM »
Also all forums avatars are gone, and the icons for having a video and/or having a verified run under the "Status" column on the leaderboards are not showing up for me (on Chrome at least)
Because its OoT.

Offline scaramanga

• Regular Guay
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2015, 08:21:27 AM »
Also all forums avatars are gone

I am also not able to log in permanently any more. There are some PHP-errors visible however. Maybe the server can be configured in a way to use an older PHP-version just for the forum, which should solve the problems.

Offline kacologo

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2016, 11:11:04 PM »
I can not reset my password on the main http://zeldaspeedruns.com site. Every time I try to, I get an error message: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/users/password. I've tried this on all browsers and I get the same result. I would love to get my account back :/

Offline mzxrules

• Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2016, 06:41:34 PM »
sorry. a number of feature on the front page have been broken for months, if not years.

If you pm maxx on the irc or his twitter https://twitter.com/jaredbranum you should be able to get this resolved if you tell him what your account name is
Braid

Offline kacologo

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2016, 10:11:42 PM »
So I've attempted to contact maxx on irc but I can never get a response from him and I can only message him on Twitter if he is following me. In other words, I'm still locked out of my account :( Is maxx the only one with permissions to edit the front page of ZSR?

Offline TreZc0_

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2016, 09:00:39 AM »
Twitch Video embedding on the leaderboards is broken...it just says "failed to load video" on every single one.

Probably a problem with the new Twitch video player....could you fix that? Its kinda annoying and kinda makes the LBs obsolete...

Offline bunnybie

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2016, 07:00:48 PM »
Link's Awakening (not DX), Master Quest, and A Link Between Worlds are on the leaderboards page but not the news home page.  Is there a reason for this?  I noticed A Link Between Worlds was taken off recently and would like to see it back on.

Offline bunnybie

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2016, 10:30:35 AM »
Now Majora's Mask is missing from the front page...not sure why