ZSR Forums
April 26, 2024, 06:42:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Majora's Mask Segmented practice tonight at 6:30 PM EST  (Read 12481 times)
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« on: May 19, 2011, 03:27:57 PM »

Time for a new run! (this time I'll be practicing a any% segmented run but atm idk if it'll be a full on speed-run or just casual)

Things to remember for this new run:

I've been practicing some Megaflips lately and have now gotten semi-consistent with them (I still miss them sometimes but I can at least get a few in a row)

I'll be attempting FFWW since the route I'm writing up calls for them

Still no HESS'ing since again I only have VC Sad

I'll be doing all 4 BK skips since this is a segmented run

No ISoT this time around.

Goron Mask and Lullaby will be skipped in this run (considering how consistent I am with ISG on the first stab it shouldn't be too hard.)

The route isn't complete yet, as I've only got the first 5 segments planned out.

I'll attempt the Gainer to the clock tower on the first cycle but if I can't get it after a while I'll switch out to the classic MT skip.

As always the I'll be streaming here so come if you want to see me fail and reset over 100+ times (or maybe 1,000+ depending on how much I end up sucking at a segmented run.)

Oh before I forget! if anyone's interested in the route I'll put it in spoiler tags here. (it's not detailed but it does it's job.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:25:02 PM by playe » Logged
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 04:35:30 PM »

For hovering up walls, put chus on c-right and slide your finger from a straight to x then hit shield immediately, if you're not doing this already. It makes it alot easier.

Also, you don't have to hover up walls for the Great Bay Temple Boss Key Skip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfG6DspgNkk
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 05:05:26 PM »

Putting chus on C-right is the only way I can hover consistently, also I always slide my finger from A to X when I hover, guess I need to time R a bit better. (boy that'll be fun.)

And that's the 8 explosive method? I thought that the method that Ing and Jiano used were 8 explosives (than again I didn't count the explosives when I watched the run.)
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 05:52:41 PM »

Putting chus on C-right is the only way I can hover consistently, also I always slide my finger from A to X when I hover, guess I need to time R a bit better. (boy that'll be fun.)

And that's the 8 explosive method? I thought that the method that Ing and Jiano used were 8 explosives (than again I didn't count the explosives when I watched the run.)

You don't need to time anything, you just slide your finger from a to x and press r as quick as you can.
And no, the boss key skip Jiano and Ing used is 9 explosives. 8 explosives is quicker and easier than 9, so you needn't hover up walls in gbt ever Smiley.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 07:09:04 PM »

Yeah, the 8 explosive method is insanely easy. The only reason I didn't use it in my 1:49 was because I thought it was slower (I didn't realize how much room for error you had with it so I assumed the only way involved a very long setup with c-up alignments).

also lolvc

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 08:32:24 PM »

lol well I don't think I'd be able to have enough time to practice the tricks for tonight anyway.

And Ing I'd do the N64 version if I had it (or a N64 for that matter.)

Either way I'll still practice them for when I try to beat the time I'll get tonight. (Might give myself a bit more time to practice the tricks though... I need to start using owl saves more often.)
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 12:07:11 AM »

Sorry for double post but I've been having some technical difficulties so the stream might start sometime between 8:15-8:30 if I'm lucky.

EDIT: nvm... my stupid computer keeps blue screening on opening FME and Xsplit so I can't stream. Sad
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:16:38 AM by playe » Logged
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 08:31:11 PM »

Ugh triple post but now I figured out the problem that was keeping me from streaming last night so in about 2 and a half hours from the time I post this I'll be streaming some Majora's Mask. (I really hope this triple post won't get me in trouble though.)
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 08:47:28 PM »

C-right is the worst button no matter what version. C down on all versions!!! Gotta be able to 2 finger the right side on VC.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 04:42:47 AM »

Okay so because Goht decided to troll me I have to finish up MM at 7PM EST tomorrow (from the time I'm posting this.)

Reason for this is that my parents set up the parental controls on my computer to auto-log off at midnight. (again EST.)

However I made it pretty far, after 2 cycles I managed to beat Odolwa, Goht (hate that troll), and Gyorg so all I have left is STT and Majora. (actually I had to owl-save near noon of dawn of the first day in cycle 3.)

If anyone's wondering how I'm posting this though I'm on my parents computer atm.

Well I guess this means it isn't technically "single-segment" anymore huh? ah well at least I know I'll be able to finish it up. (btw the run is archived on JTV so if you missed any parts you can watch it from there.)

Oh and one more thing, I actually managed to fail Woodfall bk skip but got Snowhead's. If anyone could watch through my run and see what I was doing wrong please help me in anyway you can.
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 10:24:11 AM »

Well, you failed it because you shield dropped the bomb and waited like a second before you backflipped. The explosion was too low and didn't hit your shield. Also, for your bombchu hovers, wait until hit backflip is complete before you shield a bombchu; you'll get more distance that way.

By the way, I looked at those bombchu hover during Woodfall bk skip and I'm pretty sure the first few would have been successful wall hovers. Smiley

And for Zora Clip, don't release your boomerangs; you should be holding b until you clip.
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 07:35:23 PM »

Actually I wasn't close enough for the Zora Clip to take effect.

And that must be why I'm so inconsistent with hovering with bombs, guess as soon as I intend to back-flip I need to shield-drop the bomb.

Anyways tonight I'm thinking of at least attempting the STT bk skip so the first things I'll be doing is getting enough rupees for 40 explosives. (I don't have enough rupees atm... maybe I should plan ahead how many bomb shop trips I'll take.)

Well at least this'll be a good learning experience for me.
qwerty1605
Regular Guay

Fuck you

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 08:49:35 PM »

You could Scale STT and get less money because one pot by the STT owl always holds bombs so all you have to do is get bombs save reset get bombs save reset Rinse and Repeat as many times as you want which also means you only have to buy chus. If you are fast enough you can go into the bomb shop with 70 rupees and quickly select chus twice to save 10 rupees. It isn't too difficult plus if you mess up you only need 10 rupees here is a video by pokey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCrf-v0sSsc

On a side note when will the rest of the website be back up when I click on Majora's Mask at the beginning and it gives me the message "ZSR will be down for awhile until the new system is up and running. Sorry for the inconvenience!"
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 08:52:09 PM by qwerty1605 » Logged

I'm gay
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2011, 08:58:57 PM »

I already know that, but I don't have any explosives atm 'cause I had to do SoT after I beat Gyorg and 'cause the Fire Keese trolled me while I was attempting to hover. (forcing me to owl save in Clock-town.)

And I know that I only need 70 rupees for 20 chus I did it on accident on stream and now I can get it everytime I attempt it.

Also instead of saving and resetting you could just do SoS back to ST since it reloads it everytime.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 09:11:13 PM by playe » Logged
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2011, 10:24:07 PM »

I don't think you know what trolling is.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: