ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:55:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Faster Garo Master on Any%  (Read 5947 times)
Shy Ranger
Deku Scrub

Email
« on: March 24, 2011, 04:56:31 PM »

I'm not sure if this idea has been suggested, so if it has, my apologies.

Anyway, on all the fast runs of the any%, I notice that Garo Master is done pretty slowly, mostly because Deku Nuts are not in that area. However, I noticed, while watching the 100% Speed Run, that Deku Nuts can easily be found in the first room of the Secret Shrine, in some grass to the left of the Light Arrow door.

You use Zora to swim down the river anyway (in order to go to the Swamp), so perhaps quickly going to the Shrine to stock up on some Nuts would be worth it to make Garo Master a lot faster.

Sadly I can't really record, so I can't prove if this will truly save time. so if anyone is curious to help me out, I would appreciate it.
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 01:17:39 AM »

Deku nuts have to be duped later on so you can't get deku nuts this way. Even if you were to get deku nuts later after using the duped deku nut bottle, I don't think it would be worth it.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
Shy Ranger
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 01:23:35 AM »

Are you sure they HAVE to be duped over. I always though they were just duped over because of the previous assumption that they couldn't be used well again.

Plus, the runs go to the Curiousity Shop during night of the first day, so there's always Dremen Mask
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 01:53:52 AM »

They don't have to be duped over. However, if you don't dupe, you'll have to get another item to take it's place, since you need 4 bottles to efficiently get Zora Eggs.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Shy Ranger
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 03:42:33 AM »

Okay, well what about Bremen Mask, the run goes to the Curiousity Shop at night anyway. But that might be cutting into time. HOpefully someone can help me test out time.
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 06:12:18 AM »

Okay, well what about Bremen Mask, the run goes to the Curiousity Shop at night anyway. But that might be cutting into time. HOpefully someone can help me test out time.
Usually, when Bremen Mask is gotten as a bottle dupe substitute, its to keep deku sticks rather than nuts as they save more time.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 07:34:12 PM »

Actually bremen mask was only used before so you could keep deku mask

lol

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 10:00:32 PM »

I actually meant the TAS, because grunz is getting bremen to keep sticks.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Shy Ranger
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 06:18:18 AM »

Right, but in the any%, using Deku Nuts would make Garo Master so fast, so save them instead of Deku Sticks, so Dupe Bremen Mask.

The any% goes to the shop AFTER Woodfall Temple, meaning sticks wouldn't need to be saved at all.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 01:37:57 PM »

Yeah you could dupe over bremen mask instead of deku nuts, if the time gained by the garo master battle is more than the time lost by getting the mask. Don't know if it is, though. Somebody would have to test.

The TAS ofcourse gets nuts back from the palm tree. Segmented might be able to do the same. But that is a murder segment as it is.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 01:45:47 PM by Slowking » Logged

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: