ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:47:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any% TAS (Computer died, will start again in April)  (Read 6191 times)
SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« on: March 07, 2011, 09:59:35 PM »

I used to make poor TAS videos back in the day and now I would like to get serious and actually make a solid run in one of my most favorite games. However, I'm extremely new to speed running Zelda scene and may need help.

I'm probably going with ING-X's route and full credit will be given to him and anyone else who helped.

I'll also be constantly updating my tread with progress on this run.

Day 1 (March 7, 2011): Realized my computer isn't as bad as I thought, can run Mupen fairly well. Getting a wired 360 controller from my buddy and brain storming my route for this run.

Midnight-ish, day 1: Made it to clock town, using ING-X's route for sure. Leaving computer on all night, can't remember how to continue from movie playbacks, it's been too long haha. Will get the ocarina tomorrow after classes. Can't wait to get all of this bs out of the way and get to the fun stuff.

Day 2 (March 8th, 2011): Game keeps freezing whenever I attempt to HESS, maybe I'm doing something wrong or it's just a graphics plugin glitch. Either way, I managed to desync my run like a scrub  and need to start over. Sad
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:48:13 AM by SnowMan » Logged
Masterluigisw
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 03:57:04 AM »

Good luck with it Smiley Let's hope you'll have enough motivation to finish it and that it won't take you forever, like MrGrunz.

SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 04:00:58 AM »

Good luck with it Smiley Let's hope you'll have enough motivation to finish it and that it won't take you forever, like MrGrunz.

Thanks Smiley I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of this month or mid April.
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 10:05:24 PM »

Midnight-ish, day 1: Made it to clock town, using ING-X's route for sure. Leaving computer on all night, can't remember how to continue from movie playbacks, it's been too long haha. Will get the ocarina tomorrow after classes. Can't wait to get all of this bs out of the way and get to the fun stuf

Just make a savestate during the playback and load it.  Wink
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 11:45:21 PM »

Ing's route is highly unoptimized for real time, let alone a TAS.

Ask Grunz for the route if you're serious.

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 12:39:44 AM »

Ing's route is highly unoptimized for real time, let alone a TAS.

Ask Grunz for the route if you're serious.

ok, YOU write an any% route for single segment then Tongue

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 01:24:41 AM »

This keeps happening whenever I try to HESS. Link just gets stuck like this while the rest of the music and clock continue to run without problems. What am I doing wrong?
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 01:51:38 AM »

Don't hold Z during a HESS until after you get the HESS speed or the game will crash.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
SnowMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 02:06:49 AM »

Alright, thanks man. I really should have done more research before attempting this run.
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 03:06:29 AM »

ok, YOU write an any% route for single segment then Tongue
Grunz's TAS Route

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: