ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 03:19:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Parkour?  (Read 4991 times)
Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« on: January 28, 2011, 06:48:08 PM »

Anyone do parkour or freerunning? I've just recently have decided to look into it and can't wait to start doing this. I was just wondering if anyone here trains to do parkour on this forum. Here's a demo video if you don't know what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hbAW3N_8mI

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 08:27:07 PM »

I used to, until I injured my knee really badly doing a (not so precise) precision jump. I would advise you to stick to running and weight lifting.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 10:37:53 PM »

Kazooie did a few rl superslides and barrel rolls here.

but that's all I know about.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
LinuzDk
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 10:24:42 PM »

Anyone do parkour or freerunning? I've just recently have decided to look into it and can't wait to start doing this. I was just wondering if anyone here trains to do parkour on this forum. Here's a demo video if you don't know what I'm talking about.

I am Cheesy
I have been practiceing for about 1and a half year by now and it's really funny and exciteing
If you need to know anything Just tell me i'll be glad to help. Nice to know that im not the only on ZSR intressted in that kinda things Cheesy

I had some pretty serious injuries but never broken any bones "yet"
I'm mostly for the parkour part and thats unfortuatly the illigal part, i actually got caught but nothing really happend about it.

The freerunning part is basicly just doing Vaults here and there Cheesy
Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 05:59:20 AM »

I am Cheesy
I have been practiceing for about 1and a half year by now and it's really funny and exciteing
If you need to know anything Just tell me i'll be glad to help. Nice to know that im not the only on ZSR intressted in that kinda things Cheesy

I had some pretty serious injuries but never broken any bones "yet"
I'm mostly for the parkour part and thats unfortuatly the illigal part, i actually got caught but nothing really happend about it.

The freerunning part is basicly just doing Vaults here and there Cheesy

I've been practicing my rolling and landing lately so I don't end up injuring my knees. My joints are rather weak cause of all the weight lifting I do but that's another story. I'm going to try and do some parkour tomorrow but just have to find a good spot somewhere lol. I was thinking of just doing some basic jumps and rolls and try to learn how to do the dash vault. (where you throw your legs over the object first) I'll probably practice some wall-ups along with the tic tac too.

Do you know how to do a 2 foot wall run?  It's difficult and may be too advanced for me since I'm just starting lol.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:14:52 AM by Unreal » Logged
LinuzDk
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 01:55:13 PM »

I've been practicing my rolling and landing lately so I don't end up injuring my knees. My joints are rather weak cause of all the weight lifting I do but that's another story. I'm going to try and do some parkour tomorrow but just have to find a good spot somewhere lol. I was thinking of just doing some basic jumps and rolls and try to learn how to do the dash vault. (where you throw your legs over the object first) I'll probably practice some wall-ups along with the tic tac too.

Do you know how to do a 2 foot wall run?  It's difficult and may be too advanced for me since I'm just starting lol.

I guess you meen a 2foot wall Flip ?
It's not that difficult once you get the hang of a wall backflip (where you just hit the wall once)

When i started i basicly started at my own trampolin, just makeing regular flips, Then later take it to the next step. Started learning handstand to improve my balance (balance is really importent when you are going to make precision jumps)

Another thing with the places where you can practice.
It's not that hard to find if you just have enough imagineation you need to think alot about what tricks you can do where, and just becouse there is one trick you can't do at a place don't leave the place just do another trick at that place instead. (i practiced alot at a playground becouse of all the opitonities it gives you)

Now when it comes to lifting weights. Not the best idea when it comes to parkour tbh, becouse once you learn how to hand stand then you can start walking around on hands and you will gain overbody strengh (more than enough for you to pull yourself up from almost everywhere) When i work out i basicly just Pull myself up like 20x3 and you can do it diffrently like where you train biceps, triceps or your breasts. Study into that if you'll like to know more Cheesy

At the moment im practiceing the wall handflip and i have injured myself several times on that stupid trick Cheesy.
Unfortunatly i don't have any really good spots here in denmark since the city's are very plain. But like 1 year ago i joined a club for parkour. and in that club we have like all the madrases you need to do all kinds of tricks and fail without getting hurt. So that is in my opinion the best place to train (ofc you can go out on the streets when you think your ready for some serious injuries) Smiley

EDIT:
I just watched some videos about tic tac,
And actually i have never done it like that i have only done a 1 step on the wall pushoff. can't really see where the tic tac should be usefull of the top of my head becouse it goes forward not up My personal record for steps on a wall is 4 but that was with hands

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:01:25 PM by LinuzDk » Logged
90210bandgeek
Deku Scrub

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 01:01:19 PM »

I only do it when I'm bored so I'm not that good at it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: