ZSR Forums
April 23, 2024, 06:19:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: What's the Intended Last Dungeon of Ocarina of Time? Spirit or Shadow?  (Read 7109 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« on: January 19, 2011, 12:44:44 AM »

What do you think?

As far as I remember, Navi only tells you to go to the desert after you've beaten the Shadow Temple. Also, the Nocturne of Shadow cutscene in Kakariko starts after you've beaten the Forest, Fire, and Water Temples. In this cutscene, evil escapes from the well and goes to the Shadow Temple. You then learn the Nocturne of Shadow immediately after. So the game is basically pushing you to beat Shadow immediately after getting the Lens of Truth from the well. Then after you beat Shadow, Navi tells you to go to the desert (correct me if I'm wrong). Also, Nintendo's official walkthrough of the game tells you to do Spirit last: http://www.zelda.com/ocarina/walkthru.html

So I'm a "Spirit is last" guy.

The arguments that the "Shadow is last" guys have is:
1. The Shadow Medallion is after Spirit Medallion on the quest screen and file select screen.
2. After beating Shadow, Impa says "Soon you will meet Zelda face to face" (although soon is a pretty broad term, which could easily be refering to "after the next temple").
3. You need to meet more game requirements to enter Shadow than you do in order to enter Spirit.
4. Ice Arrows are effective on Bongo Bongo's hands (although they also work on Gerudo's, which implies leftover programming).
5. Blinking dots of map tell you to go to the desert after beating water.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:18:22 AM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 12:56:35 AM »

There's also the fact that ice arrows work on Bongo Bongo. I still always thought of Spirit last though.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 01:00:12 AM »

There's also the fact that ice arrows work on Bongo Bongo. I still always thought of Spirit last though.

Yeah that's a good point. Then again, the Ice Arrows also work on the Gerudo... which has no use in the final programming.

I think the developers were kind of indecisive about which dungeon to make last until the end of developement, as well as when the player should get Ice Arrows.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 01:03:26 AM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?