ZSR Forums
April 26, 2024, 08:09:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which OS is better Mac or Windows?
Mac - 0 (0%)
Windows - 18 (100%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac Vs. Windows  (Read 5159 times)
Bonooru
Regular Guay

« on: January 13, 2011, 11:29:22 PM »

Im planning on getting a new laptop, and i havent made  a decision about an OS so i figured that i would poll the intarwebz. my general preferences are that: i dont think that battery life will be too important because i dont plan on taking notes on the computer. Portability is nice but im willing to compromise it for performance. Performance is a must, Im a fan of games and would like to be able to play what ever comes out in the near future.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 02:30:54 AM »

Go Mac if all you want to do is draw pretty pictures. Go Windows if you want to do everything else.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 02:41:59 AM »

Triple-boot Windows 7, OS X, and your Linux distro of choice.

Problem = solved.
Bonooru
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 04:18:42 AM »

Triple-boot Windows 7, OS X, and your Linux distro of choice.

the only problem with that is that i would then end up having all three running which doesnt really solve my problem, because i would need some crazy super computer to keep everything running at once and going quickly
Maxx
Admin
Special Guay

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 05:12:14 AM »

I'm a huge Mac fan, but I cannot recommend a Mac to the average user.  Go with a Windows machine (don't touch Linux or Mac OS X).
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 06:49:17 PM »

the only problem with that is that i would then end up having all three running which doesnt really solve my problem, because i would need some crazy super computer to keep everything running at once and going quickly

wat. Triple booting doesn't mean running all three at once, it means having all three installed and you pick which one to boot into depending on what you want to do.

Right now I dual-boot Debian (for everyday/power use) and Windows 7 (for Team Fortress 2, testing).
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 10:45:04 PM »

Macs are incompatible with so much mainstream stuff that while the operating systems are more sound, they're really not worth it. (I know with a lot of games and software there are specific Mac versions, but who the fuck is going to bother with that?)

Manocheese
Regular Guay

avgshyuisopd
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 01:17:45 AM »

http://cheezcomixed.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/129115793545040623.jpg

we are on the verge of discovering a fully optimized barrier skip
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: