ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 11:59:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: First time you played a zelda game....  (Read 42885 times)
LTTP
Regular Guay

O EM GEE!

« on: September 17, 2009, 02:52:28 AM »

Remember the good old times wen you played your first zelda game.
Mine was OOT.

Still remember the day,
Sat my ass in front of the TV from 12:30AM - 9.00PM
I just finish Tree temple and Goron temple XD

Good times...

Everything BUT water temple... It still gives me nightmares...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 03:07:17 AM by LinkToThePast » Logged
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 09:30:16 PM »

yesterday

Ragoul
Deku Scrub

Eeeeyah!

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 09:48:26 PM »

Never played a zelda game in my life...

Zelda games were always meant to be broken. Just like laws. Just like rules.
LTTP
Regular Guay

O EM GEE!

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 01:04:45 AM »

:\

ya...............
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 03:46:54 PM »

A cousin of mine had a SNES, he had much games, stupids abut sports and a Donkey Kong (I called it Don King Kong at that time), I said my mother I wanted one of those consoles (I was 8 years old) but my mother is not so familiarized with technology, she bought a N64 instead, included a Star Fox 64, Goldeneye 007 and Ocarina of Time, that was the first zelda I played around 2001
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 04:02:51 PM by Chimpas » Logged

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 01:06:42 AM »

A cousin of mine had a SNES, he had much games, stupids abut sports and a Donkey Kong (I called it Don King Kong at that time), I said my mother I wanted one of those consoles (I was 8 years old) but my mother is not so familiarized with technology, she bought a N64 instead, included a Star Fox 64, Goldeneye 007 and Ocarina of Time, that was the first zelda I played around 2001

At least you got some of the best games for the N64 =p

First Zelda game I've ever played was, in fact, the first Zelda game ever. Our neighbors had given us their old, broken NES for free (with a free copy of SMB/Duck Hunt), so my Dad tried fixing it and got it to work. A few weeks later, my parents rented LoZ and liked it so much they bought it. I actually got to play SMB and Zelda together with my family in those days, it was pretty awesome. I remember the first time i played, i could only find the first and fifth levels.

Interestingly enough, despite having beaten every zelda game out there (not counting the spin-offs and CD-i games), most of them at least twice, I've never beaten Zelda's second quest. The closest I've gotten was years ago when I played with my parents. I remember we were on the final level, and it was getting late and they sent me to bed. When I woke up they had beaten it without me...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 01:15:00 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Blizzerk
Special Guay

What is this I don't even-

Blizzerk@live.com
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 12:10:16 PM »

NUBLET ALERT
NUBLET ALERT

My first Zelda game was LoZ: Ocarina of Time.

That is probably why it is (one of) my favorite zelda games. This was also my first 3d video game. It took me a good week and a bit to beat the deku tree, and probably 3 months for the whole child section (i was exploring too, mind you) i wasn't very good at puzzle solving, so puzzles would take me days.

also the iron knuckles scared the fuck out of me so i would just run away from them for a good 15 minutes....

ironically enough i still have somewhat a fear of them when i'm at the spirit temple with only 3 hearts...

[21:02:55] <Blizz> Uhh...
[21:02:59] <Blizz> RingRush..
[21:03:06] <Blizz> I was meaning to ask you something
[21:03:13] <RingRush> no I will not go to prom with you
[21:03:16] <Blizz> :<
------------------
<@jiano> get off my lawn you damn kids
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 09:37:06 PM »

I was born in 1995. N64 came out in 1996. I wan't able to hold a controller til I was about 3-4. That was when OoT came out. My brother had a N64 and he let me try it out. I his almost complete file on accident. (I actually did the same thing on his BK file to) I beat the game and loved it. I remember going to a movie and seeing a commercial fo MM. I was 5. Got it the next christmas. So basically I have been playing Zelda my whole entire life. About a year ago I got REALLY addicted to this "drug" I have actually gotten about 10 of my friends to start playing it. I really hope that Nintendo doesn't screw up Zelda Wii. I doubt they will but with Wii Motion Plus I don't know what to expect.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 07:51:15 PM »

lol when I read that drug sentence I thought you were talking about weed until I read "playing"

Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 08:15:05 PM »

I first played the game at a friends house when I was 7 and couldn't get my hands off it. He would always want to play Banjo Kazooie but I would keep insisting on playing oot. My Grandma eventually got me the game and it took me 3 years to beat the damn game... I couldn't find one of the small keys to Dark Link. <___<

Now Majora's Mask is a different story... I'm currently trying to figure out if there is a way that I can have sex with this game.
TSDA
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 03:03:55 AM »

I first played OoT at a really small age. I remember when Majora used to scare the fuck out of me lol. But Majora's second forme, the dancing mother fucker, actually made me laugh. Third forme, meh. Also, when the spooky cutscenes happened, I went to the restroom and came it when it as over.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 07:20:33 AM »

all i remember is messing around inside the Deku Tree the day i first played OoT. there's some other minimal flashbacks like parts of the forest, water and shadow temples and some puzzles that were hard the first time i got to them but replaying the game so much has kinda crushed my early memories of it. a fun fact is that i tried to go for several months without touching the game after i had beaten it the first or second time.

i don't know if i had played LttP before OoT but OoT was the first one i got.

now, MM is the first one that i have lots of memorable moments in my memory from the start. i remember i got it for halloween back in oct 2000 and proceeded to get all masks because i wanted to see Fierce Deity Link. too bad the last boss was too easy with that but at least i played most of the game before beating it the first time.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
MrGrunz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 03:43:13 PM »

About a year ago I got REALLY addicted to this "drug" I have actually gotten about 10 of my friends to start playing it. I really hope that Nintendo doesn't screw up Zelda Wii. I doubt they will but with Wii Motion Plus I don't know what to expect.

10 of your friends?

I'm glad already, that I was able to make my friends stop telling me, how hard my videos suck <_<
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 07:46:58 PM »

My first Zelda game was Adventures of Link, I used to play it all the time when I was younger. I remember the farthest I've gone as a kid on that game is up to the first dungeon, I never made it to the boss. Good times Smiley

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 05:31:57 PM »

My first Zelda game was OoT as well.

However, the first time I played it, I was in what I like to call a "strategy-guide" phase. I wasn't very smart at nine years old, that's why I used it. Now that I'm older, I've broken from that phase and, if I ever get my hands on a console version of the game again, I will sit down and beat it the way that I should have when I was younger!

I sucked at games as a child, but I'm getting better now...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 02:15:03 PM by BlueStarReturns » Logged

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: