ZSR Forums
March 29, 2024, 06:21:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Twilight Princess GCN any% BiT run  (Read 45110 times)
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« on: October 20, 2010, 03:14:00 AM »

EDIT: I will be redoing the run

Hello, I'm pretty new around here and I'm doing a segmented speedrun of Twilight Princess. I was originally going to run OoT but there was too much competition and the game has already been broken almost as much as it can be. I've got my first segment done, not quite as happy with it as I could be, two rolls for the gate clip, but this was actually the first time I got BiT to work after a quick gate clip. Segment two is pretty good, really not much going on.

Total run time 12:50

Segment 1: 1:03
Segment 2: 1:51
Segment 3: 5:40

Edit:

I finally got around to starting the run again, and so far I've been very happy with how it's turned out

Segment 1: 1:02 - 1 second faster than my old 1st segment, pretty happy with it
Segment 2: 1:48 - 3 seconds faster than my old 2nd segment, pretty happy with it
Segment 3: 5:36 - 4 seconds faster than my old 3rd segment, very happy with it
Segment 4: 3:58 - 2 seconds faster than the fastest I could find on youtube, and I'm extremely happy with this one.
Segment 5: 1:27
Segment 6: 3:14
Segment 7: 1:43
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:06:28 PM by TLoZSR » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 07:37:36 AM »

first seg looks pretty flawless. BTW, accidentally clicked modify and overwrote your post lol.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 07:39:21 AM by mzxrules » Logged

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 06:53:53 PM »

Good looking Seg1. Hope you finish the run.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 10:14:56 PM »

Thanks, I've heard a lot about unfinished Twilight Princess runs. Hopefully I can finish mine, and I definitely plan to finish it.
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 10:38:58 PM »

Nicely done on segment 1.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 01:49:22 AM »

Segment two is done with a time of 1:51. Now I'm on to some of the harder segments. I'm extremely bad at goat herding, so we'll see how segment 3 goes.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 12:48:21 AM »

Just found Map Glitch without Kakariko Bridge Warp. Could possibly change the route, but I don't think we can do Early CitS without moving Kakariko Bridge.

Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 01:24:58 AM »

Nice, if this were to change the route, what segment would be where the route changes? I've almost got segment 3 done, damn goat herding took a little longer than I thought to figure out.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:27:44 AM by TLoZSR » Logged
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 02:23:34 AM »

Nice, if this were to change the route, what segment would be where the route changes? I've almost got segment 3 done, damn goat herding took a little longer than I thought to figure out.
We are still stuck on it because we need to find a way to move the Kakariko bridge back to it's place.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 03:02:11 AM »

alright, so I'll just keep going with the original route.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 03:11:26 AM »

If we found a way to get to the Twilit guards (we only need to defeat the three there and be able to warp somewhere in faron woods) that didn't suck up too much time, then the route would change right after the Sword and Shield skip. It would be pretty much the same route as is until getting the master sword, except we'd skip the bugs. Keep a save just after the Sword and Shield skip just in case.

Braid
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 03:40:34 AM »

If we found a way to get to the Twilit guards (we only need to defeat the three there and be able to warp somewhere in faron woods) that didn't suck up too much time, then the route would change right after the Sword and Shield skip. It would be pretty much the same route as is until getting the master sword, except we'd skip the bugs. Keep a save just after the Sword and Shield skip just in case.

Alright, I wouldn't mind skipping the bugs Cheesy
JRD05
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 02:32:08 PM »

I don't think you can skip Faron tears, because you need them to make the gold wolf appear to give you HS-1 finishing blow.  You need it to deliver the final strike to Ganondorf 4 and beat the game.
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 03:52:46 AM »

Lol are you shure of it?? skipping the bugs is known to be impossible, and how much time would it save??? I don´t really undertand what you are saying

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 04:15:04 AM »

Lol are you shure of it?? skipping the bugs is known to be impossible, and how much time would it save??? I don´t really undertand what you are saying

I jumped the gun on that one a little. I'll explain more in the Trick Discussion thread.

Braid
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: