ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:31:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% TP Run GCN  (Read 40506 times)
logitechsdaz
Regular Guay

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 03:17:41 AM »

If you have iron boots in your inventory, then saving after goat herding and getting the heart piece will automatically put you back inside Mayor Bo's house. Load save file, do BIT off Faron bridge and BITE off Eldin bridge to skip riding back to Kakariko. By the game clock, this should save around 02:15 because you are re-loading your save file after jumping off Faron bridge. However, even though going from Mayor Bo's house to Faron bridge and jumping off Eldin bridge after BIT won't take any time going by the ingame clock, it probably will be counted during a speedrun. So 02:15 is not really saved. Maybe a minute or so if done quickly.
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

This is my own personal text. You cannot have it.

WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 04:06:07 AM »

If you have iron boots in your inventory, then saving after goat herding and getting the heart piece will automatically put you back inside Mayor Bo's house. Load save file, do BIT off Faron bridge and BITE off Eldin bridge to skip riding back to Kakariko. By the game clock, this should save around 02:15 because you are re-loading your save file after jumping off Faron bridge. However, even though going from Mayor Bo's house to Faron bridge and jumping off Eldin bridge after BIT won't take any time going by the ingame clock, it probably will be counted during a speedrun. So 02:15 is not really saved. Maybe a minute or so if done quickly.

Okay, I'll do some testing with it when I get there, because it'll be it's own segment, it'll be good to see how fast I can do that versus just riding to Kakariko village.

"To know what is right and choose to ignore it is the act of a coward."

Goal: To speed run Twilight Princess 100%
http://www.youtube.com/user/brynnagiadrosich
Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 06:17:04 AM »

I timed your segment at 2:16-2:17 or so. For the most part I think for TP runs we time them the way the in-game timer does, which is by starting timing when you press A on the confirmation screen, and ending when the game starts saving the file, then rounding it to the nearest second. IIRC SDA times by starting when you gain control of Link and stopping when you select "save" on the pause screen. It's kinda confusing but meh. :/ For comparison my old 100% run was 2:10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgasQizsdfQ (my old run was finished up until the Goron Mines and the entire thing is still up on youtube if you'd like to use them to compare, tho i'm not sure if the route is any different)

If you're planning to redo this then there's a few other spots where you could get the rupees that might make things easier. In the Ordon Spring map after you get on Epona, there should be a patch of grass in the little clearing. Try to ride through it, it'll occasionally give you a blue rupee. Also on the Link's House map there is some grass sticking through the fence, IIRC you can actually get 3-4 rupees from it if you ride through it so there's no real reason not to.
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 07:40:29 AM »

I timed your segment at 2:16-2:17 or so. For the most part I think for TP runs we time them the way the in-game timer does, which is by starting timing when you press A on the confirmation screen, and ending when the game starts saving the file, then rounding it to the nearest second. IIRC SDA times by starting when you gain control of Link and stopping when you select "save" on the pause screen. It's kinda confusing but meh. :/ For comparison my old 100% run was 2:10. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgasQizsdfQ (my old run was finished up until the Goron Mines and the entire thing is still up on youtube if you'd like to use them to compare, tho i'm not sure if the route is any different)

If you're planning to redo this then there's a few other spots where you could get the rupees that might make things easier. In the Ordon Spring map after you get on Epona, there should be a patch of grass in the little clearing. Try to ride through it, it'll occasionally give you a blue rupee. Also on the Link's House map there is some grass sticking through the fence, IIRC you can actually get 3-4 rupees from it if you ride through it so there's no real reason not to.

Wow, okay, that's a big difference, so yeah, I'll be attempting a re-do of that. I think it all hinges on the goats really, I've finally got clipping the gate down to perfection I think, it doesn't take more than one roll into the posts to go through it. You know the most trouble I have is actually climbing onto Colin's roof for those twenty rupees. It's hilarious. I can clip through a gate with no trouble, but heaven forbid Link actually grab onto that roof on the first try, lol.

So should I keep track of both timing methods? Which timing did you use? The in-game or the SDA way?

EDIT:

I was practicing for the BITE stuff, and can finally get the first bit pretty regularly timed, but my game crashes when trying to do the Equipped part. I know it crashes at certain points in the game, and I'm using my wooden sword file, but just wanted to be sure that I was doing it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUvgD-cWUiI

EDIT *again*:

I think I'm pressing start too early, I'll do some more testing with it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 03:14:27 PM by brynnagiadrosich » Logged

ComboKing
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 10:19:19 PM »

Your doing it right but I think it isn't working because of one of the save files.
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 10:04:02 AM »

Just got a really good first segment, I'm really pleased with this one. It may be faster by only a second or two, but I'm unsure, still need timing confirmation to make sure my counting is correct. Even if it isn't faster, I really like how it turned out.

I timed it between pressing "A" at the TV settings confirmation, then as soon as the game started saving, I stopped the timing. I got about 2:11-2:12 I think. Still not sure I'm doing it right, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpuuRKCLjV8

Thanks for taking a look!

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 10:28:22 PM »

I timed 2:13. Not bad.
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 10:50:38 PM »

I timed 2:13. Not bad.

Thanks. How did you time it, btw? I want to be sure I can time it right on future segments.

Paraxade
Special Guay

paraxade@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 03:48:10 AM »

Started as soon as you confirmed the settings screen, stopped when the game started saving. If that's the same thing you did then I'm not sure why mine was different :/
JRD05
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2010, 05:28:32 AM »

You could also try comparing your segment to Jiano's equivalent segment in his ss run.  That way you will have an idea of what is a good time.  A lot of the segments are luck based for a 100% tp run with all the minigames and everything.  Good luck getting them all down, especially since the standard of perfection is much higher for segmented than single segment. 
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2010, 01:25:48 AM »

You could also try comparing your segment to Jiano's equivalent segment in his ss run.  That way you will have an idea of what is a good time.  A lot of the segments are luck based for a 100% tp run with all the minigames and everything.  Good luck getting them all down, especially since the standard of perfection is much higher for segmented than single segment. 
Jiano's would be an example of a pro run, but I think she's doing fine. For being probably the first female to do a TP 100% I'm very impressed. If you have any questions, ask. Smiley Great job so far brynnagiadrosich!

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
brynnagiadrosich
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2010, 02:18:44 AM »

I've taken a look at that, it's rather awesome. XD

I've also glanced at Paraxade's run on Youtube, it's helped a lot to see how to think in terms of speedrunning too, so that's a big help. I've been glancing through the guide, and there are a few things I might tweak here and there, but I can't say for sure until I get to that point.

I'm going to work on segment 2 this week and hopefully be able to post it.

Mordecai
Deku Scrub

raysson999@hotmail.com MordecaiHF
WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2011, 11:56:14 PM »

I feel like such a noob when I try and SS this game. I need to practice a lot more.
logitechsdaz
Regular Guay

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2011, 06:35:00 AM »

faster way to get to King Bulblin after iron boots
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_TsAE5W-zs
JRD05
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2011, 05:03:26 PM »

faster way to get to King Bulblin after iron boots
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_TsAE5W-zs

This is pretty cool and intuitive.  I'm guessing you meant that you would do this directly after getting the goat herding heart piece.  It seems like it would be pretty tough to get a good goat time, do the BITE, and pull off a decent king Bulblin fight.  But there is a lot less room for error than doing it the previous way and maybe save warping after herding could be an option.

On a side note, does anyone know if normal 100% or ems 100% is faster?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: