ZSR Forums
April 16, 2024, 07:02:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Land of Hyrule: OoT multiplayer FPS  (Read 16329 times)
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« on: September 04, 2010, 02:45:29 AM »

Custom Edition
Official No-CD patch
http://www.mediafire.com/?diacakjmm25j814
Land of Hyrule mod

INSTRUCTIONS:
+ download Halo: Custom Edition and install it.
+ download that mediafire link. extract the HCE folder over your own in Program Files. this contains a patched version of the executable that prevents it from checking for a CD key. this is also the latest upgrade.
+ update it to the latest version, which doesn't need a CD patch at all (official version gets rid of CD need)
+ download the Land of Hyrule map I linked to up there and extract it to x:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo CE\maps\
+ Get on IRC! Make people play with you.

Hyrule Field/Lon Lon Ranch

Lake Hylia

Forest Meadow

Kokiri Village

Gerudo Valley

Zora's Domain

Kakariko Village

Goron Village

Great Deku Tree

Atop tower in Lon Lon Ranch

Lake Hylia

Kokiri Forest again

Death Mountain

World (old version - now updated)

This total conversion mod/map is every non-dungeon area in Ocarina of Time, excepting the graveyard and Hyrule Castle courtyard (I think - may be in this update) in one map for online multiplayer. That includes Hyrule Field, Lon Lon Ranch, Kakariko Village, Death Mountain, Goron Village, Zora River, Zora's Domain, Lake Hylia, Gerudo Valley, Kokiri Forest, the Lost Woods, and even the interior of the Great Deku Tree.

Weapons include: Fire Arrows, Ice Arrows (actually freeze your target in a block of ice upon impact), Light Arrows, the Slingshot, Hookshot (actually functions as a hookshot, somewhat), Master Sword, Biggoron Sword, lit Deku Sticks, the Boomerang, and a crossbow from Link's Crossbow Training, I guess. For grenades, there are Bombs and Deku Nuts (which actually freeze your opponent and temporarily blind him).

To make travel less cumbersome, Epona (rides competently now) and Zelda's horse from that one cutscene as well as generic horses (from which you can fire arrows). There are warps in the map coinciding with their locations in the original game.

Also, since those screenshots were taken, the HUD has been updated to reflect Ocarina of Time's original. Hearts are health and magic meter is the shield. Really neat.

Remember how in Majora's Mask you would use the Chateau Romani to get unlimited magic and then use ice arrows to traverse the ocean that would normally send you back until you got all the way to the water temple? I started doing that in LoH to build an ice bridge from the tower in Lon Lon Ranch. I got pretty far and I made a staircase to the heavens but one of the guys I was playing with started melting it.

I got a nifty screenshot too.

This was in the middle of a four-person deathmatch back in January. Seriously, play it, it's amazing fun with people. Bug me on IRC or something.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:49:12 AM by Enterim » Logged
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 10:25:33 AM »

can we bomb-hover?

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 03:48:01 AM »

Bump. Starting this up again. Streamed a little on twitch tonight. Hoping to get more playin' in soon.
PurpleSunDeryl
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 04:25:39 PM »

Looks sweet. Bomb hover needs to be added Roll Eyes

<PurpleSunDeryl> Keep practicing, then you'll remember the game like the back of your end.
Pheenoh
Site Editor
Special Guay

Locked in cafde's basement

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 04:47:18 PM »

Did you start an IRC channel or anything for this? Would love to join in.

<yashichidsf> tompa should default be a mod on everything related to srl
<yashichidsf> while i'm not a big fan of modding bots, i think tompa is really well programmed
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 05:14:40 PM »

Whoops I forgot to actually check this thread! I'm into playing this again, if it all goes well maybe we can bonus stream it at the ZSR marathon.

join #zeldafps on irc.speedrunslive.com y'all
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: