ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:56:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recording  (Read 3651 times)
Bonooru
Regular Guay

« on: August 31, 2010, 02:26:25 AM »

Ive never had a reason to record anything before now but it seems as though if i want to do impromptus and the like that being able to record would be a good thing. i prefer to play on an emulator and i dont have a video camera to be able to use a console, anyone have advice on what i can do to solve this issue?
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 04:48:33 AM »

Ive never had a reason to record anything before now but it seems as though if i want to do impromptus and the like that being able to record would be a good thing. i prefer to play on an emulator and i dont have a video camera to be able to use a console, anyone have advice on what i can do to solve this issue?

Get a capture device such as Dazzle or EasyCap DC60. They are ~$15 and allow you to capture anything with composite/S-Video input. If you just want to record your screen use something like VHScrCap to record your entire screen at 60fps.

To stream, I use a EasyCap DC60 and it's software to actually play the game and then I use VHScrCap to capture my screen for Ustream.

You should really go for the real thing and capture off of a console.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:50:33 AM by aleckermit » Logged

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 05:53:07 AM »

Uh...Dazzle is not $15. If you find one for that price, it's a steal.

AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 07:49:05 PM »

Well as far as emulator, you could record an emulator input file that shows that there were 0 rerecords while doing it, along with recording your end proof (Least that's been an idea I've had for a while). As far as streaming, you could use either VHScrCap or SCFH DSF to capture the video for you to use on ustream. Both are pretty lightweight so you wouldn't have too many problems.

for console, the options described above are good: cheap capture card or even a webcam. If you have an Eyetoy for a ps2/ps3, you can download drivers off the net and use that. Webcams come pretty cheap as well.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: