ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 04:56:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 100% Segmented Team Run: Discussion Topic  (Read 17257 times)
512: loadMemberContext(): member id 1 not previously loaded by loadMemberData()
File: /var/www/html/smf1.1/Sources/Load.php
Line: 969
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« on: July 26, 2010, 12:10:48 AM »

In an effort to keep the submission topic clean from random chatter so submissions don't go unnoticed, use this topic to discuss strategies and stories for the current segment. Talk about anything here, from sidehops vs backwalks, to small timesavers, to sharing that story of the odd mush segment attempt that got to the end, only to fail the house jump. You can also use this topic to let people know that you are actively working on a segment or if you have given up and the verifiers should look over the current best attempt.

Use this topic for discussion about significant changes to the larger route or issues regarding our processes for ensuring quality and consistancy.

Use this topic for segment submissions.

ded
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 01:13:26 AM »

Talk about anything? I guess I'll get the ball rolling then.

Seeing as how we aren't collecting any rupees, what's the best strategy to start out here? I'm thinking sidehop left off the balcony and up the hill, then backwalk and backflip onto the hill, then sidehop towards the fences until you need to change angles and backflip over them. Then just get the sword as normal, minus the extra sidehop left to get that blue rupee.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 11:08:45 AM »

This is what I did for my segment 2 from the old but still fairly recent any%:

Backflip off like normal, backwalk until Link hits the dirt path, sidehop right twice, adjust angle slightly to only backflip over the middle fence and also backwalk right to the hole, the rest as normal minus blue rupee.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
darkeye14
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 07:21:09 PM »

The route that Runnerguy described is the exact route that ZFG took in his 1:09 submission. It could probably be improved slightly by replacing some of the backwalking with optimized sidehopping, but it would be hard to do in real-time.

[18:38] <Sigless> darkeye is cute too

[18:45] <aleckermit> We get a free pack of cheetos with every vote too Smiley
[18:46] <bluemarth> in the uk we keep our foreskin
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 08:26:29 PM »

The route that Runnerguy described is the exact route that ZFG took in his 1:09 submission. It could probably be improved slightly by replacing some of the backwalking with optimized sidehopping, but it would be hard to do in real-time.

Also rolling through the right-side of the door to exit the house is fastest. I like ZFG's segment a lot though.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 02:00:19 AM »

Its also probably faster to sidehop off the house then quickly switch to backwalking.

As a verifier, I reject my segment.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 03:35:06 AM »

If you are sidehopping off the balcony, why not just continue sidehopping until the angle change? Surely we can do optimized sidehopping for a few seconds...?

ded