ZSR Forums
April 26, 2024, 03:00:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dificulties to introduce new elements to Zelda SS  (Read 4632 times)
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« on: July 24, 2010, 12:07:47 AM »

FROM ZELDA UNIVERSE
Many Zelda fans love to see changes made to the Zelda series. While some may be wary of this change, there’s no doubt that any series runs the risk of stagnating when locked into too simple or strict of a formula. Thus, each new Zelda title differs as new elements are added and removed, and Skyward Sword is no exception.

But change doesn’t always come easy. In a recent interview with Official Nintendo Magazine, director Eiji Aonuma explained the difficulties of introducing big changes to the gameplay while at the same time trying to preserve the traditional elements all Zelda fans love about the series!

More after the jump.

Mr. Aonuma had this to say:

“It’s hard, obviously, to introduce major changes into the Zelda gameplay, and one of the reasons for that is that we have some traditional elements that we have protected and continued throughout the series. You have a field, you have dungeons, and there is a line across which area you are in, and which style of gameplay you are participating in. So what we’ve tried to do with Skyward Sword is to introduce some new elements. This time there are larger fields and dungeons that don’t really feel like dungeons or fields, but also incorporate some of those elements. We are re-imagining some of the traditional gameplay elements.”

In the quote above, Aonuma also mentions that the fields and dungeons in Skyward Sword will be larger than those of previous Zelda titles. Despite the changes made to these areas, they will likely still have the traditional elements that have become trademarks of the series, such as the excitement of exploration.

Nothing further was revealed about what differences will be made to the field and dungeon formula in Skyward Sward, but as always, we will keep you up to date as new information surfaces!

Source: Nintendo Everything (via Gonintendo)

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 09:59:48 PM »

so, we'll fall asleep on the field again like in TWW and TP?

zzzzzzz...........

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 02:28:22 AM »

zzzzzzz...........
I don't think a change is necessary, I like th Field-Dungeon-Field theme, I don't know what are they thinking in, Field-Field-Dungeon-Dungeon?? ideas??

UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 06:22:24 AM »

the fields are too big. make them smaller.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Marcus
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 09:43:33 AM »

zzzzzzz...........
I didn't fall asleep while playing them... I liked them so much that I played them alot, but I don't like TP very much anymore. It's way too easy, TWW is too but includes many more fun things. Skyward Sword looks great and will be harder since the enemies take 1 heart in damage and bosses 2, atleast that scorpion.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: