ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:03:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Map Glitch  (Read 9042 times)
TurbomanAlco
Deku Scrub

« on: July 13, 2010, 02:00:09 AM »

I have discovered a new glitch witch allows you to get off the map in the lost woods area. The glitch is of no use yet but is kind of cool. The DOT (You know, the one in lost woods that brings you back in time) is where this glitch takes place. I hope everyone knows what DOT means because it's not just a dot. While I was walking around it Link wanted to grab onto this piece of the arch or the DOT but fell off when I tried to climb up onto it. So I walked into the arch again and tried to climb up and fell off again. A couple tries latter after re-positioning my self I actualy climbed onto the arch. Then I tried jumping off the arch and sort of warped up hire onto the arch after a few jumps ( It's real hard to explain but I'll be expecting to make a video on YouTube). Then I walked up the ach a littlemore and used a jump attack with my sword ( I forgot the actual name of the attack but I'm sure you get the idea) to get to the top of the arch . From there I was able to run and jump off the DOT to get onto the wall sort of things that are on each side of the DOT.

Right now I'm trying to find some way to get further from the wall maybe to reach an area easirly or faster.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 04:02:34 AM »

While I'm not 100% sure what your talking about, by the way you're describing it, it sounds like it's more of a localized mapping issue, which means that it's probably useless. But I still would like to see a video of it

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
TurbomanAlco
Deku Scrub

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 11:17:29 PM »

Well its kind of hard to explain but I'll make a video soon. It's probably be useless but it might allow you to get to the master sword without having to do that stupid game with the statue dudes that guard the sword.

Oh, and to make things a little more clear, when I said Lost Woods I meant Sacred Grove. I forgot the name. And by arch I mean the Door of Time because it's an arch structure.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 11:31:46 PM by TurbomanAlco » Logged
TurbomanAlco
Deku Scrub

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 01:01:56 AM »

Well heres the video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9yHTMxpLBg
 It took a while becuase I had to wait for a day when everyone was out of the house so I could record the video with out any back ground sound.
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 02:16:02 AM »

Well heres the video;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9yHTMxpLBg
 It took a while becuase I had to wait for a day when everyone was out of the house so I could record the video with out any back ground sound.
That's pretty old, and that doesn't have anything to do with map glitch.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »

That's pretty old, and that doesn't have anything to do with map glitch.
Yeah. I really don't see how you think this is like map glitch.

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
TurbomanAlco
Deku Scrub

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 09:07:13 PM »

Well I geuss you could consider it not to be a map glitch. Has anyone tried it out yet or did I not explain it well enough?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 09:10:22 PM by TurbomanAlco » Logged
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 10:30:48 PM »

Well I geuss you could consider it not to be a map glitch. Has anyone tried it out yet or did I not explain it well enough?
what you did is named unplayable area, map glitch means stopping the warp event so the map won´t be reset, and it is really useless, unless you find a way to enter Temple of Tome with that trick it will be useless

TurbomanAlco
Deku Scrub

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 11:25:27 PM »

Oh, I thought that what I did was considered a map glitch becuase it does have to do with the map and it is a glitch. But now I get it.
Chimpas
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 05:30:00 AM »

Equip Auru´s memo or an item like.
Open Map.
Choose a portal.
Hit rapidly the button with the item.
You should prevet the warp.
Discovered by Swordlink90 and it works for both versions, Tongue there's a new map glitch after all  Tongue

EDIT: it works for newer versions  Shocked Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:40:06 PM by Chimpas » Logged

ComboKing
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 04:46:36 AM »

Equip Auru´s memo or an item like.
Open Map.
Choose a portal.
Hit rapidly the button with the item.
You should prevet the warp.
Discovered by Swordlink90 and it works for both versions, Tongue there's a new map glitch after all  Tongue

EDIT: it works for newer versions  Shocked Shocked Shocked

So it works with every version? SwordLink90 does he care about TP speedrunning? We are of a dying kind unfortunately. Sad
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 09:56:51 PM »

that reminds me of the swordless glitch in OoT. it kept being fixed but easier methods that worked on every version popped up later.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Chimpas
Regular Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 02:25:37 AM »

So it works with every version? SwordLink90 does he care about TP speedrunning? We are of a dying kind unfortunately. Sad
He is doing a run and h asked me a way to enter SPR wihtout map glitch, cuz he has a newer version, but he found th way to make it work, I thinkhe can´t get a good time cuz of midna dive

Video Of Trick
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 10:57:38 PM by Chimpas » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: