ZSR Forums
April 16, 2024, 09:40:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT remake for 3DS  (Read 238864 times)
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« on: June 15, 2010, 08:03:09 PM »

It'll probably use a new engine so we'll have to break this all over again Shocked
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:20:38 AM by ZFG » Logged

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 11:23:59 PM »

I actually think this is a tech demo; someone told me that the oot remake is not in the schedule for releases and is just a tech demo (the sf64 remake is going to be released though)

:/

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 01:29:51 AM »

Nintendo just confirmed it on their twitter http://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica

I'll get some other pics to replace the now dead links in 1st post.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
leeboiy
Regular Guay

Well Come!

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 02:08:24 AM »

Nintendo just confirmed it on their twitter http://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica

Awesome. I'm perfectly fine with them not releasing it ASAP, too. Release some other 3DS games, work out any kinks and get used to the system, then take your time with Oot 3DS. I've waited this long for portable OoT; Have no problem waiting a little longer in order for them to make it into the portable remake that it deserves.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:11:39 AM by leeboiy » Logged
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 02:39:52 AM »

Well, we already know some glitches are left in. Look at epona hopping that fence!

ded
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 09:06:15 AM »

http://www.videogamer.com/news/zelda_oots_water_temple_fixed_on_3ds.html

Water Temple is going to be different for the haunting level design and it seems like you can change your equipment (Boots, Tunics, Swords & Shields) much faster by using the touch screen. This confirms that a fast hoverslide will be nearly impossible to do this time.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
Kazooie
Special Guay

Oot 3DS!!!!

Kazooiebombchu
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 01:19:23 PM »

Gameplay will be very much different in this game I think. I hope they doesn't fix all glitches. If do then I hope it will be breakable much as a last one. I really can't wait for this game!

My stream and youtube channel. Be sure to check them out and leave comments. Have fun!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/kazooiebombchu
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Kazooie
Currently working on: DKC3 105% segmented speedrun and racing games
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 04:26:00 PM »

I agree with kazooie, I loved SM64DS and i hope this remake does it just as well Grin

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Mitjitsu
Regular Guay

Yum

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 04:46:57 PM »

Aparently there were elements removed from the original game because of time/memory limitations which I hope will get added this time round. It kind of makes me tempted to get a DS purely for the sake of playing this game (the again there is always Desume).

I think the game will have a new engine and remove the most game breaking bugs that are currently knowm, but a lot of them will still be intact. It's quite possible that 1 or 2 new glitches like in SM64DS will be introduced as well.

Things that aren't hovering go in the other topic.
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 06:32:46 PM »

We're probably going to need a new emulator for 3ds though, I'm not sure. either that or make desmume compatible with 3ds

bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 07:10:48 PM »

We're probably going to need a new emulator for 3ds though, I'm not sure. either that or make desmume compatible with 3ds
We do not know if these games are gonna come in carts or downloadable from like dsiware.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 07:42:35 PM »

We do not know if these games are gonna come in carts or downloadable from like dsiware.

They are very likely to be released in Carts. The 3DS carts maximum data storage for titles around launch date are 2GB max which is more than Gamecube's 1.4GB Nintendo optical discs

There is 3DSWare but I am not sure if any of those games announced yesterday will be released via download.

The possible 3Desmume will require huge processing power, even more than Desmume. Just buy a real system and don't be a pirate because that will be cheaper and less hassle than finding a good PC unit that does the job*.

Recently Flygon has managed to make true 3D encodes on the Master System but what concerns me if wether or not tweaks has to be made for the 3DS. The past consoles before 3DS required 3D glasses to view them properly. Now this portable doesn't require glasses to watch in 3D but is it possible to get a 3D encode on 3DS that doesn't require 3D glasses (not talking about the trailers like Kid Icarus: Uprising)?

* I do download roms for TASing only on the games I legally bought..

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 02:04:06 AM »

since the game is getting a brand new engine, i suppose only level design-based SBs and classic glicthes like clipping in some parts/through barriers will be the ones present. i don't expect anything in the level of BA or bomb hover here.
also, it will be a good excuse to play the natural route again.

these games are a given to come out in carts. since the 3DS is backwards compatible, i expect carts very similar to the current DS carts. downloadable stuff on DSi seems to be games that aren't big enough to be sold physically so far and they haven't announced a portable VC yet.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 11:42:50 PM »

i actually bet we will find breaks almost as big as hover at least. because every game has glitches, it really depends on the community. i mean take 2 examples, the zelda/mario 64 games have been broken incredibly bad, but thats really because of the dedicated community that has worked on it for years. and then for a more recent example, take super smash brothers brawl. i know it hasnt been broken, but it has been hacked to pieces, you can edit pretty much any part of the game, from the rules, to hitboxes, to the textures, even completely new levels/models for characters and movesets now (i think its there). but thats their community, i mean if you were looking for something along those lines for zelda tp you couldnt find a texture hack as easily if at all, although i am sure it would be almost as easy (i admit i have not looked into these matters)

just thought i would offer my 2 cents, and i am so excited for this game. it was my e3 game of the show!=)

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 10:59:35 AM »

Since the graphics processor will be more powerfull than the one of the Wii it will have to be a completely new emu, cause I doubt that the architecture of the 3DS will be anything like the one of the DS(L) or DSI.
If it's backwards compatible (which is likely knowing Nintendo) it will probably completely software emulate the old games. Shouldn't be a problem with such powerfull hardware.

For the OoT remake lets just hope that they only make a new graphics engine, but keep the old physics engine intact. That would mean at least hover and superslide should still work...

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: