ZSR Forums
April 26, 2024, 05:52:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a question about the DoT skip, if anybody cares to answer.  (Read 9004 times)
Akiyo
Deku Scrub

« on: June 07, 2010, 02:19:07 AM »

Okay, so first of all I'm terribly sorry for joining just to ask a question or two; it is most unlike me I assure you. Secondly; I'm really, REALLY (Really.) sorry.

As far as my questions go, they're fairly simple and most likely easily answered.

Question #1: I've read the page for the DoT skip here (http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/site/index.php?link=oot/majorsb/DoTskip), and watched the video. I've noticed that on the video when the camera is positioned behind Link it ends up somewhat inside his head; with me it only ends up close to the back of his head. I have followed the instructions on the page and still can not get the DoT skip right, so my question is: Should the camera be clipping in to the back of Link's head for me to be successful in getting through, and if so; how does one go about achieving this?

Okay, so that's my first question. Sorry again, really.

Question #2: The reason why I want to do this is because I've decided that I want to try completing all dungeons (Except for Ganon's Castle, for obvious reasons.) in reverse order. What I want to know is if anybody has attempted this before, and if they were successful. If not, can anyone think of anything that might stop me?

So, thanks in advance to anyone who answers me. I'm really sorry, I just didn't know where else to go. Sorry.
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 02:46:58 AM »

I dont think it matters whether his head is clipped, just make sure you have the right angle and are against the wall behind you.
1. Get in the corner and make sure you don't move when you turn.
2. Get the angle with c-up and begin holding z BEFORE you cancel the c-up view.
3. While holding z, move very slightly right.
4. Do a sideways roll to the left immediately followed by an angled sidehop. (I suggest you practice this in plain view so you know you're doing it right)
5. Jumpslash right after you clip.

ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:39:28 AM »

The camera being inside links head wont make a difference, as long as you're all the way in the corner you should be good.  Are you not able to get out of bounds or is the jumpslash hard?  If its the jumpslash you should try the pause buffer method.  If its the clip then you might be doing the sideroll wrong.  Once you get the angle I find that doing a backflip before attempting siderolls will help make siderolls a bit easier.  Keep trying it, DoT skip is hard the first time you do it but every time after will seem extremely easy.

And about reverse dungeon order, yes it is possible and a few people have done it (myself included).  Its not too hard either as long as you know how to use bombchus right (megaflipping and hovering mainly) so its probably a good start for a beginner.

Also, next time please use the Question & Answer instead of making a new thread.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Akiyo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 04:01:23 AM »

Yes, sorry. I just saw that but missed it somehow before I made this thread, sorry.

I don't think I'm getting through at all. A few times the camera seems to go in to the Door of Time for a second and then comes back out, but Link always seems to remain outside. If I have any more questions I'll be sure to go to the Question & Answer thread.

I'm really, really sorry.
Glitched!
Regular Guay

I glitch a lot except for vine clipping

Email
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 05:52:00 AM »

How far do u get in the DoT skip. Can u clip through it, but not get to the other side

GRRRR! Stupid vine clip y won't u work
Akiyo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 08:44:24 AM »

Oh, actually I managed it! I found that turning around with C-Up helped me at the start. Once I got through a few times with that I turned around by myself and did it. I just beat the Spirit Temple and then realised that the Shadow Temple actually comes after it (Going by the Quest Status subscreen's order of Medallions), is there any way to complete the Shadow Temple before entering the Spirit Temple or Bottom of the Well?
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 05:02:43 PM »

Oh, actually I managed it! I found that turning around with C-Up helped me at the start. Once I got through a few times with that I turned around by myself and did it. I just beat the Spirit Temple and then realised that the Shadow Temple actually comes after it (Going by the Quest Status subscreen's order of Medallions), is there any way to complete the Shadow Temple before entering the Spirit Temple or Bottom of the Well?

All you need to beat Shadow is Adult Link, ZL, and bombchus/bombs.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
icebreaker007
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 07:41:40 PM »

This should help you get in (Method 2 is easiest)
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/site/index.php?link=oot/majorsb/shadowearly

and watching the IL should help you get through it
which can be found here: http://zeldaspeedruns.com/site/index.php?link=oot/speedruns/individuallevel
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 08:33:09 PM »

Is there anything particular in this thread that helped you get the DoT skip but wasn't on the ZSR trick page? One of the biggest goals of the pages is to elminate the need for question threads like this (don't worry, it's not a big deal, but having the whole page full of them would be). So if they are not describing the tricks enough, we need to know that.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Akiyo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 01:06:31 AM »

Well, knowing that the roll should be sideways and the sidehop angled helped me understand what I was trying to do a bit better, and finding out that I wasn't actually clipping far enough in helped too.
But I think that the page actually described the trick well enough; if I'd followed the instructions and kept at it I probably would have made it eventually.
Glitched!
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 04:29:42 AM »

GAH!!!!!! It not working

Apparantly DoT does not like Vitamin-Link flavor pills and it spits it right out

is it the angle or the jummpslash

AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 05:50:00 AM »

Angle 90% of the time. JumpSlashing too early doesnt help either, but bet on it being your angle

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 12:31:19 AM »

GAH!!!!!! It not working

Apparantly DoT does not like Vitamin-Link flavor pills and it spits it right out

is it the angle or the jummpslash

Learn the clip consistently before you even start attempting to learn the jumpslash.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Glitched!
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 01:05:07 AM »

i've done it millions of times it just stopped working

NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 10:47:49 AM »

the f..... clip, I only do it 2 times in 80 tryes