ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 11:22:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mikefest 2011 (SDA Marathon 2)  (Read 6207 times)
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« on: May 18, 2010, 09:30:34 AM »

In case you haven't been to SDA lately, mikwuyma & Breakdown have been discussing on next years awesome Marathon. They haven't set the date exactly yet as there are 4 options to choose from... most of the runners are choosing option 2.

Now last year they did the 2 NES Zelda games + Link's Awakening.

This year they want to include Ocarina of Time (RBA run) and Majora's Mask (Any% Run). They might want Twilight Princess (Jiano SS style, not BiT), Twilight Princess might be hard in my opinion because first you can save your game during marathon runs BUT Twilight Princess has some disadvantages when it involves using the Stolen Bomb Bag AFAIK.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/forum/index.php?topic=11694.0

The SDA Marathon was a great sucess last year for all of the right reasons

* Very funny webcam stream
* Recieved $10,000 when their target was $5,000
* Get to know most of the SDA runners in person.

Am I coming to it??? Maybe, it all depends on moneywise and finding a good deal on aeroplane flights from England to around Virginia
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:11:46 PM by Greenalink » Logged

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 05:33:24 PM »

Man I'd love to participate but I find traveling to be a bit of a problem.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 07:27:24 PM »

If they do a live TP run, I'd say that it should be done on the GCN version. However, the BiT route is impossible to do live on the GCN because you're forced to skip the fishing rod, which means the only way into LBT would require you to Rupee Dive. And last I saw, the Rupee Dive is horribly luck based.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 07:51:18 PM »

If they do a live TP run, I'd say that it should be done on the GCN version. However, the BiT route is impossible to do live on the GCN because you're forced to skip the fishing rod, which means the only way into LBT would require you to Rupee Dive. And last I saw, the Rupee Dive is horribly luck based.
I wouldn't have even considered somebody trying the BiT route during the marathon, that'd be suicide. I find doing BiT hard enough let alone having to do the tricks associated with it. I'd say Jiano's SS route would be the safest method (and of course the safest thing to do is have Jiano run it for them ;] )

I'm more than interested in attending, but if so I wouldn't be running any zelda (they've already said they'd rather not have WW for the marathon). Of course I have an array of other games I could do/learn for them.
I also have a huge money issue (more like a no-job issue) that may keep me from attending, so I haven't made my interest known in that topic atleast.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 08:33:55 AM by AniMeowzerz » Logged

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Greenalink
Special Guay

DS Dictator

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 09:11:03 PM »

I should edit about TP being a SS-esque Any% and not the BIT Any% I wasn't aware how impossible it sounds but yeah Rupee dive is a bitch for that run.

Yeah GCN -> Wii no doubt.

New DS PHAT Capture Device on its way (Sep 2011)!!!
More info:
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/3ds_capture_device_214.html

Yes I am a speed runner focused on DS games
Notable runs:
Phantom Hourglass
SM64 DS
New Super Mario Bros (DS).
Runnerguy2489
Special Guay

I'm not your buddy, guay!

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 09:21:29 PM »

Virginia is very close for me so I might be able to make it to play OoT.

runnerguy your such a mother fucker. whats with all this bombchu shit? all everyone who likes this shit is stupid. ur a fucking cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur shit! videos.
Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 02:35:11 AM »

I'll probably try to go to this. Of course this is for MM, I don't want to do TP really.

OoT race imo if they allow it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 02:37:31 AM by Jiano » Logged
Tompa
Regular Guay

Tompa_1989@hotmail.com Tompalala
Email
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 05:34:43 AM »

I wanted to go this year as well, but hadn't got the money for it. And I doubt I will have the next time either, would be awesome to come however :/.

May the Triforce be with you.
MrSparkle
Regular Guay

Hair Dye

linktetraww
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 07:18:30 AM »

I have not the slightest what airplanes cost, really. Nor do I know what kind of time off will be available then. But I do want to attend, if room permits. Then again, just being on IRC during the last one was fun enough...

May get a recorder at year's end...
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 10:27:23 AM »

For OoT I would suggest playing on VC(?) and steal Epona with stick so you don't lose 5 minutes falling in the river in Gerudo Valley.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
BlueStarReturns
Regular Guay

*Founder of "Satirically Serious Reviews"*

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 06:26:27 PM »

Because I've never been there, I don't know how far Virginia is from Minnesota, so I don't know if I'd be attend. I'd want to, of course, but none of my local friends are into speedrunning (what's wrong with them?!), so I'd be driving alone and, thus, bored all the way there. If I could make it a road trip then, hands down, I would drive all the way there.

It'll still be fun to watch though if I can't attend.

<BlueStarReturns> what if you tried a superslide in real life?
<Blizzbutt> you would divide by zero
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: