ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:19:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Question & Answer Thread  (Read 198846 times)
bs
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2010, 04:44:08 PM »

I used the stop time glitch with a bottle near a scarecrow and it started the prompt for teaching it a song. You can move around until you get to the song teaching part. You can also get the stop icon on b (works like a usual sword) and stays there until you talk to someone except the scarecrow, pause, or use the ocarina. Could there be any use for this?

And also, could someone explain to me how bottle adventure works in majora's mask?
Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2010, 05:52:43 PM »

I used the stop time glitch with a bottle near a scarecrow and it started the prompt for teaching it a song. You can move around until you get to the song teaching part. You can also get the stop icon on b (works like a usual sword) and stays there until you talk to someone except the scarecrow, pause, or use the ocarina. Could there be any use for this?

And also, could someone explain to me how bottle adventure works in majora's mask?

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/site/index.php?link=mm/tech/bottleadventure
Catch hot spring water in a bottle.

I never heard about your stop on B thing. Can you upload a video?

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2010, 10:05:52 PM »

What's the trick to gainers? I can get the backflip without L-targeting, but when I retarget the wall Link doesn't grab the top of it. Is there some secret to reduce backward movement?

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2010, 10:17:58 PM »

What's the trick to gainers? I can get the backflip without L-targeting, but when I retarget the wall Link doesn't grab the top of it. Is there some secret to reduce backward movement?
Nope, the L press should do it. I always hold forward after the backflip, but I don't think that's needed, it's just force of habit.
Maybe you're not quick enough with the L press?
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2010, 12:12:11 AM »

You have to retarget the wall one frame after the untargeted backflip. You're probably just not fast enough.

You can pause buffer gainers if you're having trouble getting one. They seem to be fickle for me; sometimes I can get them like 80% and then sometimes I'll try for 20 times or so without getting one. Basically, get against the wall while targeting it. Then buffer a backflip the next frame (let go of your target button). The frame after that, buffer your target button and push the control stick towards the wall.

Roehoer
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2010, 02:26:37 PM »

Can someone tell me how to do a simple recoil flip?
I can't seem to get it right, even though I can get a lot of other(Probably more difficult) tricks.
A little help would be much appreciated
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2010, 02:30:52 PM »

Can someone tell me how to do a simple recoil flip?
I can't seem to get it right, even though I can get a lot of other(Probably more difficult) tricks.
A little help would be much appreciated
For a chu just do a backflip then chu & then shield like you'd do in a hover but without infinite sword. The important thing is not to hold back on the control stick after the backflip. It's basically the same for bombs too.

Majora MIM
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2010, 03:57:17 PM »

For recoil flip, the stick direction are inverted. Hold forward to go backward, if you press left, Link will go to the right and vice-versa. A good place for practise is the updraft room of invertd stone tower temple.

sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: Huh
rudemario
Deku Scrub

Zelda Time Line....WTF?

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2011, 03:26:10 PM »

hey guys? i have a quesiton...when i bombchu hover off the ground (yes i have ISG activated) i stand in air for a second...i kno why...because i didint first go to a cliff making the ISG think im on cliff so keeping me in air for long time...but i tried back bombchu hovering again but i fell...am i doing sumthing wrong? im trying to get epona....

You Should Check It Out....
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2011, 03:57:40 PM »

hey guys? i have a quesiton...when i bombchu hover off the ground (yes i have ISG activated) i stand in air for a second...i kno why...because i didint first go to a cliff making the ISG think im on cliff so keeping me in air for long time...but i tried back bombchu hovering again but i fell...am i doing sumthing wrong? im trying to get epona....
You have to use each bombchu in quick succession to the previous in order to get off the ground. You're probably having trouble because you aren't using the second bombchu quick enough after using the first one, since using only one to get off the ground only allows you to momentarily float in the air (which is the time to use the second bombchu). It will probably take some practice. If nothing else you could also try staircase hover to get off the ground.

rudemario
Deku Scrub

Zelda Time Line....WTF?

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2011, 04:43:50 PM »

You have to use each bombchu in quick succession to the previous in order to get off the ground. You're probably having trouble because you aren't using the second bombchu quick enough after using the first one, since using only one to get off the ground only allows you to momentarily float in the air (which is the time to use the second bombchu). It will probably take some practice. If nothing else you could also try staircase hover to get off the ground.
Ahh....but the thing is...im doing this on a emulater....a mac emulater...so i have to constantly buy bombchus because i dont have gameshark (shity ass sixtyforce.....why didint u put gameshark on it???) and i dont have a bigger bomb bag....or a giants wallet so i have to do this with no other way to turn...i got the zora mask early, because there was a little wall....argh....it would be easier if the timer to falling would stop when u back flipped....but it does'nt uv got less than a second to jump pull out a chu and R....damn

rudemario
Deku Scrub

Zelda Time Line....WTF?

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2011, 06:05:28 PM »

Ahh....but the thing is...im doing this on a emulater....a mac emulater...so i have to constantly buy bombchus because i dont have gameshark (shity ass sixtyforce.....why didint u put gameshark on it???) and i dont have a bigger bomb bag....or a giants wallet so i have to do this with no other way to turn...i got the zora mask early, because there was a little wall....argh....it would be easier if the timer to falling would stop when u back flipped....but it does'nt uv got less than a second to jump pull out a chu and R....damn
Oh And Theres No Staircase on Milk Road....Tongue

EDIT: I just found an' intresting Easy money route...i think it would help some non-TAS speedruns if they didint have enough money for chu's on the way over to the bomb shop....if u happen to get to clock town around 10 or so...you can go to the curiosity shop...if u have a bottle on u you could go to the trading post and get the fish thats on the left side of the bridge.....im doin it! lawl....i hope it helps!

Edit: I dont get the gainer....
1. Do u put ur back to the wall?
2. do u let go of z and like a milisecond later press and hold again?
3. BUT WHEN I LET GO OF Z, ITS STILL Z TARGETING!!! WTF?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 06:28:11 PM by rudemario » Logged

BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2011, 07:11:02 PM »

Oh And Theres No Staircase on Milk Road....Tongue

EDIT: I just found an' intresting Easy money route...i think it would help some non-TAS speedruns if they didint have enough money for chu's on the way over to the bomb shop....if u happen to get to clock town around 10 or so...you can go to the curiosity shop...if u have a bottle on u you could go to the trading post and get the fish thats on the left side of the bridge.....im doin it! lawl....i hope it helps!

Edit: I dont get the gainer....
1. Do u put ur back to the wall?
2. do u let go of z and like a milisecond later press and hold again?
3. BUT WHEN I LET GO OF Z, ITS STILL Z TARGETING!!! WTF?
By Staircase Hover he means you put two bombs on the ground, and hover off the explosions. This makes it so that you don't fall to the ground straight away, since you use two hovers.
Also, that thing about money. In both TAS and non-TAS speedruns, you get enough money from bottle dupe anyway.
Also, just get the Adult's Wallet. Then buy a bomb bag and 20 bombchu. You only need two bomb/chus to have a hover where you wont fall straight to the ground.

For Gainers
You want to face towards a wall that is too high for you to grab normally, but it grabbable if you Ground Jump/Gainer. Hold Z, then backflip and let go of z at the same time. Repress z very quickly.
This is by no means an easy trick, you only have 1 visual frame to repress the z button.
rudemario
Deku Scrub

Zelda Time Line....WTF?

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2011, 08:03:33 PM »

OMG DUDE! wtf? i keep trying but when i backflip, i cant at all turn of z targeting while im backfliping....i let go...

EDIT!!!: ignore what  said....i got it....but zora link moves to far back when he back flips...i cnt get him to move closer so he can climb...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:06:12 PM by rudemario » Logged

rudemario
Deku Scrub

Zelda Time Line....WTF?

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2011, 08:17:23 PM »

By Staircase Hover he means you put two bombs on the ground, and hover off the explosions. This makes it so that you don't fall to the ground straight away, since you use two hovers.
Also, that thing about money. In both TAS and non-TAS speedruns, you get enough money from bottle dupe anyway.
Also, just get the Adult's Wallet. Then buy a bomb bag and 20 bombchu. You only need two bomb/chus to have a hover where you wont fall straight to the ground.

For Gainers
You want to face towards a wall that is too high for you to grab normally, but it grabbable if you Ground Jump/Gainer. Hold Z, then backflip and let go of z at the same time. Repress z very quickly.
This is by no means an easy trick, you only have 1 visual frame to repress the z button.

Bub.... i tried that staircase glitch...it just drains my all ready low rupee count...Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: