ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:27:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Question & Answer Thread  (Read 198763 times)
Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« on: August 31, 2009, 11:14:50 PM »

Sup, newcomers. New to Majora's Mask? Discovered something and want to know if it's old? Need some tips on speedrunning/routes/etc? You got questions, we got answers.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:55:34 PM by mzxrules » Logged
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 02:00:18 AM »

I have some questions, all of which arose today

1) I was able to walk into the curiosity shop right before 10. When I walked in, it was still 9 for about a half second. Is that like a one frame window or something because I've never been able to do it before.
2) On my 100% complete file, Navi said "shouldn't you see the fairy in north clock town? you only have x hours left." Is this a side effect of duplicating a bottle over the ocarina?
I had another question but I forgot.

Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 02:19:00 AM »

I have some questions, all of which arose today

1) I was able to walk into the curiosity shop right before 10. When I walked in, it was still 9 for about a half second. Is that like a one frame window or something because I've never been able to do it before.
2) On my 100% complete file, Navi said "shouldn't you see the fairy in north clock town? you only have x hours left." Is this a side effect of duplicating a bottle over the ocarina?
I had another question but I forgot.

1.) Yes, (I'm pretty sure at least)

2.) Yes, that is one of the several side effects from duping a bottle over the ocarina.
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 02:43:04 AM »

What are the other side effects? I thought nothing happened when you put hsw in it

Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 03:39:18 AM »

What are the other side effects? I thought nothing happened when you put hsw in it

Termina Field has no actors in it, only grass.

Also if you play Oath to Order(Ocarina on B) you can't go to the Moon, it just warps you to Termina Field.
Slowking
Regular Guay

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 05:05:05 PM »

But that has nothing to do with HSW, just that the game checks if you are in the first cycle, by checking if you have the ocarina.

14:10 MrGrunz: keep your ass close to him
14:10   MrGrunz: and nothing can go wrong
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 05:30:12 PM »

I just remembered my other question:

for some reason, I can't shield when I go oob to get curiosity shop early (but in all other instances of oob it's possible for me to hover). Why? I can get in without it.

Jiano
Special Guay

Sun+Jiano
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 07:42:31 PM »

I just remembered my other question:

for some reason, I can't shield when I go oob to get curiosity shop early (but in all other instances of oob it's possible for me to hover). Why? I can get in without it.

After you shoot the hookshot you need to let go of Z then hit Z again before you shield.
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 07:02:10 PM »

Well, I was going to ask if it was impossible to isg the scarecrow after the first time you talk to him as you enter a room (I tried for 5 minutes each time and I only got it right after I walked in).

However, I'm not so sure anymore because I was recording a Snowhead run (and I was 5 seconds ahead of my previous run). And I just could not get the ISG on the bomb to hover to the snowballs. It took me 7 bombs. And I actually got a good Goht battle afterwards... damn.

Edit: Goht just ruined another good run of mine. Is there a certain position where he absolutely cannot hit you?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:29:14 PM by Lexkeeta » Logged

Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 04:49:26 AM »

It doesn't matter where you stand since his blasts are random. I have best luck along the snow lining right under that middle cell looking window thing. <_< But yeah, just line up somewhere under that cell window thing and you'll have good luck there.
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 02:39:03 AM »

Ok, I'm convinced. Getting the ISG on the scarecrow after the first time you talk to him upon entering is impossible. I get the ISG on anything about 90% of the time on my first slash, and I can't get it after the first time (on trading post scarecrow non-song if it matters).

Also that backflip ss trick jiano is too good. I can get the ss almost everytime. Is there a timing trick on when to shield when doing a backwalking SS? That'd help a ton.

Unreal
Regular Guay

unreal704
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 03:16:52 AM »

Also that backflip ss trick jiano is too good. I can get the ss almost everytime. Is there a timing trick on when to shield when doing a backwalking SS? That'd help a ton.

Right when the bomb starts to flash fast (the 4th/5th flash), drop the bomb, back up like 2 steps then roll.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 07:02:30 AM »

are MM Superslides as easy as OoT's or harder?

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2009, 07:21:47 AM »

Easier

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 07:32:15 AM »

woo, that's good. i might learn them when i replay OoT on Wii later this month.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: