ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:48:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Question & Answer Thread  (Read 198849 times)
Gragledump
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2011, 08:11:18 PM »

So I'm new to zelda running, and I'm having trouble with timing superslides. Do you guys have any tips for getting a good success rate, or is it just a lot of practice?
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2011, 08:43:35 PM »

So I'm new to zelda running, and I'm having trouble with timing superslides. Do you guys have any tips for getting a good success rate, or is it just a lot of practice?
Though practice does help the most there are a few tips. If doing a backflip to drop the bomb, hold back while preforming the backflip. This will keep you from being too close to the bomb where the "grab" icon is present. Roll just a bit after the bomb's flashing begins to speed up and double tap, of mash, "A" a few times to insure that Link attempts to grab the bomb after rolling. Practicing with two bombs instead of one can also help with timing. Practice is the best way.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »

First thing first, never listen to razor. Ever.

Now that that's out of the way, superslides do take practice, but they are easy to do once you know how; you have a 12 input frame window which is pretty substantial.
Don't bother learning a standing superslide, it's pointless. To start, try a backwalk superslide. Simply backwalk and pull out a bomb, shield while still backwalking after the fourth flash, then hold forward and mash A (Keep Z held the entire time (or L on Gamecube)).

That said, supersliding isn't as important as hovering, you should master that first.

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
Gragledump
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »

ok, where am I supposed to aim the zora long jump if I'm going to wrong warp in the fairy fountain?
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »

Gragledump: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpWBWexpSsY
Gragledump
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2011, 07:06:57 AM »

SO I've been trying to mash for 70 chus at the shop but I never get it. What mashing techniques are the pros using?
ZeldaPlayer37
Deku Scrub

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2011, 09:15:20 PM »

I am having trouble with the 12 explosives Great Bay Temple Boss Key Skip. Does anyone have a video of this method?
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2011, 09:36:32 PM »

12 explosive method is pretty useless; you should try using the new(ish) 8 explosive method that kyoki found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfG6DspgNkk&feature=channel_video_title

It's faster and easier than pretty much any other method. Just sidehop and hold back after the last chu hover, then hold up-right when you land in the water. There's also a 5 explosive method but that's a bit more difficult and not worth it outside of a segmented run IMO.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:42:29 PM by ING-X » Logged

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
stonenot
Regular Guay

« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2011, 01:37:38 AM »

How can I get good at no pause buffer megaflips? For the people that seem to be consistent with them, (ing or pokey or anyone else that is) do you guys like count seconds or something after you use a bomb? It seems near impossible to time a roll at between the 6th and 7th flash. Then I hear there is also someway they can crash your game, how to I prevent this from happening?

<poptart1234> i cant convert a .fm2 to .zip
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2011, 01:45:01 AM »

what the hell is so appealing about megaflips

i will never understand why everyone wants to learn them

learn parts of the actual game first, those techs can come later omg

stonenot
Regular Guay

« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2011, 01:50:40 AM »

what the hell is so appealing about megaflips

i will never understand why everyone wants to learn them

learn parts of the actual game first, those techs can come later omg

Maybe people want to learn them so they don't have to make bomb shop trips that aren't needed? I know the parts of the actual game. Just because I made a forum account 20 minutes ago does not mean I am mindless. I just asked a simple question in a question and answer thread and your response was completely unnecessary.

BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2011, 01:53:34 AM »

You just need to have a feeling of when to roll. I personally use the sound of the bomb to help me time it. If you just practise them you'll get the timing down.

To prevent them from crashing flick your stick forward immediately after you input the backflip.
stonenot
Regular Guay

« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2011, 01:59:50 AM »

You just need to have a feeling of when to roll. I personally use the sound of the bomb to help me time it. If you just practise them you'll get the timing down.

To prevent them from crashing flick your stick forward immediately after you input the backflip.

Ok, thanks. I'll make sure to try with the bomb sounds.

Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2011, 11:22:15 PM »

I didn't mean that to be offensive, but considering megaflips hardly ever cut bomb shop trips, I was saying there's really no reason to learn them.

As for learning the game, I mean, how and where to get X heart piece, the route to get the skulltulas in the spider houses, etc.

i highly doubt anyone has this completely perfected, so you can't just write it off lmao

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2011, 11:29:53 PM »

I cut out 2 bomb shop trips and saved ~4 minutes in any% by doing unbuffered megaflips everywhere.

*pooped on*

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: