Author Topic: MM: Question & Answer Thread  (Read 195759 times)

Offline AniMeowzerz

• Special Guay
  • Meow, and... stuff.
Re: Majora's Mask - Question & Answer Thread
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2010, 11:14:34 AM »
That's exactly how Jiano does it too, so it's not crap at all. it's the stamped official way of checking :3
RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.

Offline Yuggles

• Regular Guay
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2010, 12:56:18 PM »
I heard there was some sort of new way to do flying zora, anyone know what that is...?

Offline Jiano

• Special Guay
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »
Yes. We use the turtle and use B -> A to make grabbing the ledge easier. If you get a flying zora off the turtle then you are guaranteed enough height.

Offline thiefbug

• Regular Guay
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2010, 02:40:17 PM »
I'm confused...
when i jump off the turtle before i've played bossa nova, i can do flying zora... but i can't get enough height.
and when i played it, i'm unable to do flying zora =/

Offline Unreal

• Regular Guay
    • Youtube Page
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 12:54:13 PM »
So the segmented route on the mm page is up to date right? Do we use the new way to do flying zora in the route?

Offline diamondrazer

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2010, 03:45:15 PM »
Hello. I'm new to this all about Zelda TASing. I've just been TASing Super Mario 64 before now, and I have recently uploaded one test on Majora's Mask so far (more to come!). Well anyways, here's the questions:
1. Does Link need to be on a ledge/up against a wall to hover?
2. Does the Z-slide work in MM? If yes, then how?
3. Are there anything in general about MM I should know for TASing?

Offline Jiano

• Special Guay
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2010, 09:19:55 PM »
Hello. I'm new to this all about Zelda TASing. I've just been TASing Super Mario 64 before now, and I have recently uploaded one test on Majora's Mask so far (more to come!). Well anyways, here's the questions:
1. Does Link need to be on a ledge/up against a wall to hover?
2. Does the Z-slide work in MM? If yes, then how?
3. Are there anything in general about MM I should know for TASing?

1. No
2. I'm pretty sure Z-sliding works but it's different than OOT. You'd have to ask one of the TAS dudes about that.
3. You should be doing HESSes as your main form of movement. Just look at all the techniques in the Majora's Mask section of the site.

Offline diamondrazer

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2010, 11:43:48 AM »
Posted on the wrong page.. *facepalm for me*
Thanks for quick response! :)
By the way, what's MM's speed adress? :)

Offline thundrio

• Special Guay
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2010, 12:23:04 PM »
i just have 2 quick questions.

1) how do you sideflip [as deku?] (to get to top of clock tower as deku without getting moons tear?)
2) can deku link kill the bird outside milk road for the 400 rupees

ty
[19:30] <[email protected]> i love programmin
[19:30] <[email protected]> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!

Offline Jiano

• Special Guay
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2010, 12:38:07 PM »
i just have 2 quick questions.

1) how do you sideflip [as deku?] (to get to top of clock tower as deku without getting moons tear?)
2) can deku link kill the bird outside milk road for the 400 rupees

ty

1. Backflip, keep holding down(slightly left or right depending on which way you wanna go), and let go of Z immediately after you backflip.
2. Probably.

Offline EckoAP91

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2010, 10:33:10 AM »
i have a question why is ffww lullaby skip harder at night.

Offline ING-X

• Site Editor
  • Mega Guay
  • fuck you and the horse you rode in on
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2010, 10:48:50 AM »
it's harder at night because you get gang raped by white boes
<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime

Offline thundrio

• Special Guay
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2010, 11:13:20 AM »
just a term question. i am wondering what people call the 2 deku palace guards gaurding the entrance to the palace (the ones you "should" need to talk to as deku link to pass). so if i wanted to look up a way to bombchu hover over him on youtube (i know how this is just an example), what would i use. searching deku palace guards bomb hover skip might turn up something about skipping the patrolling guards. thanks

Offline BottlesFTW

• Regular Guay
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2010, 02:40:29 AM »
If while Supersliding your shield took damage, would you have a ground jump?
Cause Supersliding is a moving Ground Jump, isn't it?
Just wondering.   ::)

Offline ZFG

• Mega Guay
  • also pheenoh <3
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2010, 09:30:06 AM »
If while Supersliding your shield took damage, would you have a ground jump?
Cause Supersliding is a moving Ground Jump, isn't it?
Just wondering.   ::)
Yes it would give you a ground jump.
I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.

Offline Ucansayperdy

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2010, 08:27:36 AM »
Can anyone spare a few tips for Flying Zora off of the turtle? Everytime i try I either Dolphin Dive over it or i get stuck clipping until I either get shot back into the water or I roll onto the surface.

Im also having issues with the Long jump in Fairy Fountain WW. I can only actually grab the ledge like 1/8 >.> times.

Offline thundrio

• Special Guay
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2010, 08:53:29 AM »
is it a bad thing that it took me a few seconds before i realized you were talking about long jumping in mm, not sm64?

Offline BottlesFTW

• Regular Guay
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2010, 09:29:18 AM »
Can anyone spare a few tips for Flying Zora off of the turtle? Everytime i try I either Dolphin Dive over it or i get stuck clipping until I either get shot back into the water or I roll onto the surface.

Im also having issues with the Long jump in Fairy Fountain WW. I can only actually grab the ledge like 1/8 >.> times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpWBWexpSsY
Could help on the Zora Long Jump.

@Below
It's Ingx24's video, btw.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 07:14:25 AM by BottlesFTW »

Offline Ucansayperdy

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2010, 03:29:08 AM »
Nice vid. I figured out about 50% before seeing that and now im getting it every time, thanks!

Offline Razor7581

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
    • Youtube
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2010, 11:17:25 AM »
I believe I found something new. In stone tower, the room after the mini-boss, I found you can use a blast mask recoil to clip, through the wiring, to the switch that summons the stray fairy chest. Is this new? And if so, would it be of any use in a 100%?
Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?

Offline bs

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2010, 08:44:08 AM »
I used the stop time glitch with a bottle near a scarecrow and it started the prompt for teaching it a song. You can move around until you get to the song teaching part. You can also get the stop icon on b (works like a usual sword) and stays there until you talk to someone except the scarecrow, pause, or use the ocarina. Could there be any use for this?

And also, could someone explain to me how bottle adventure works in majora's mask?

Offline Majora MIM

• Special Guay
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2010, 09:52:43 AM »
I used the stop time glitch with a bottle near a scarecrow and it started the prompt for teaching it a song. You can move around until you get to the song teaching part. You can also get the stop icon on b (works like a usual sword) and stays there until you talk to someone except the scarecrow, pause, or use the ocarina. Could there be any use for this?

And also, could someone explain to me how bottle adventure works in majora's mask?

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/site/index.php?link=mm/tech/bottleadventure
Catch hot spring water in a bottle.

I never heard about your stop on B thing. Can you upload a video?
sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: ???

Offline Razor7581

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
    • Youtube
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2010, 02:05:52 PM »
What's the trick to gainers? I can get the backflip without L-targeting, but when I retarget the wall Link doesn't grab the top of it. Is there some secret to reduce backward movement?

Offline BottlesFTW

• Regular Guay
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2010, 02:17:58 PM »
What's the trick to gainers? I can get the backflip without L-targeting, but when I retarget the wall Link doesn't grab the top of it. Is there some secret to reduce backward movement?
Nope, the L press should do it. I always hold forward after the backflip, but I don't think that's needed, it's just force of habit.
Maybe you're not quick enough with the L press?

Offline Elminster

• Regular Guay
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2010, 04:12:11 PM »
You have to retarget the wall one frame after the untargeted backflip. You're probably just not fast enough.

You can pause buffer gainers if you're having trouble getting one. They seem to be fickle for me; sometimes I can get them like 80% and then sometimes I'll try for 20 times or so without getting one. Basically, get against the wall while targeting it. Then buffer a backflip the next frame (let go of your target button). The frame after that, buffer your target button and push the control stick towards the wall.

Offline Roehoer

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2010, 06:26:37 AM »
Can someone tell me how to do a simple recoil flip?
I can't seem to get it right, even though I can get a lot of other(Probably more difficult) tricks.
A little help would be much appreciated

Offline Razor7581

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
    • Youtube
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2010, 06:30:52 AM »
Can someone tell me how to do a simple recoil flip?
I can't seem to get it right, even though I can get a lot of other(Probably more difficult) tricks.
A little help would be much appreciated
For a chu just do a backflip then chu & then shield like you'd do in a hover but without infinite sword. The important thing is not to hold back on the control stick after the backflip. It's basically the same for bombs too.

Offline Majora MIM

• Special Guay
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2010, 07:57:17 AM »
For recoil flip, the stick direction are inverted. Hold forward to go backward, if you press left, Link will go to the right and vice-versa. A good place for practise is the updraft room of invertd stone tower temple.
sorry for my soooo bad english.

TLOZ: complete     AOL: complete     ALTTP(GBA): 100%
LA(DX): complete   OOT/MQ/3D: 100%    MM: 100%
OOA/OOS: 100%    FS:100%   TWW:100%
 FSA: 100%     TMC: 100%     TP: 100%
PH: 100%        ST: 100%         SS: ???

Offline rudemario

• Deku Scrub
  • Zelda Time Line....WTF?
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2011, 07:26:10 AM »
hey guys? i have a quesiton...when i bombchu hover off the ground (yes i have ISG activated) i stand in air for a second...i kno why...because i didint first go to a cliff making the ISG think im on cliff so keeping me in air for long time...but i tried back bombchu hovering again but i fell...am i doing sumthing wrong? im trying to get epona....

You Should Check It Out....

Offline Razor7581

• Site Editor
  • Special Guay
    • Youtube
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2011, 07:57:40 AM »
hey guys? i have a quesiton...when i bombchu hover off the ground (yes i have ISG activated) i stand in air for a second...i kno why...because i didint first go to a cliff making the ISG think im on cliff so keeping me in air for long time...but i tried back bombchu hovering again but i fell...am i doing sumthing wrong? im trying to get epona....
You have to use each bombchu in quick succession to the previous in order to get off the ground. You're probably having trouble because you aren't using the second bombchu quick enough after using the first one, since using only one to get off the ground only allows you to momentarily float in the air (which is the time to use the second bombchu). It will probably take some practice. If nothing else you could also try staircase hover to get off the ground.

Offline rudemario

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2011, 08:43:50 AM »
You have to use each bombchu in quick succession to the previous in order to get off the ground. You're probably having trouble because you aren't using the second bombchu quick enough after using the first one, since using only one to get off the ground only allows you to momentarily float in the air (which is the time to use the second bombchu). It will probably take some practice. If nothing else you could also try staircase hover to get off the ground.
Ahh....but the thing is...im doing this on a emulater....a mac emulater...so i have to constantly buy bombchus because i dont have gameshark (shity ass sixtyforce.....why didint u put gameshark on it???) and i dont have a bigger bomb bag....or a giants wallet so i have to do this with no other way to turn...i got the zora mask early, because there was a little wall....argh....it would be easier if the timer to falling would stop when u back flipped....but it does'nt uv got less than a second to jump pull out a chu and R....damn

Offline rudemario

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2011, 10:05:28 AM »
Ahh....but the thing is...im doing this on a emulater....a mac emulater...so i have to constantly buy bombchus because i dont have gameshark (shity ass sixtyforce.....why didint u put gameshark on it???) and i dont have a bigger bomb bag....or a giants wallet so i have to do this with no other way to turn...i got the zora mask early, because there was a little wall....argh....it would be easier if the timer to falling would stop when u back flipped....but it does'nt uv got less than a second to jump pull out a chu and R....damn
Oh And Theres No Staircase on Milk Road....:P

EDIT: I just found an' intresting Easy money route...i think it would help some non-TAS speedruns if they didint have enough money for chu's on the way over to the bomb shop....if u happen to get to clock town around 10 or so...you can go to the curiosity shop...if u have a bottle on u you could go to the trading post and get the fish thats on the left side of the bridge.....im doin it! lawl....i hope it helps!

Edit: I dont get the gainer....
1. Do u put ur back to the wall?
2. do u let go of z and like a milisecond later press and hold again?
3. BUT WHEN I LET GO OF Z, ITS STILL Z TARGETING!!! WTF?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:28:11 AM by rudemario »

Offline BottlesFTW

• Regular Guay
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »
Oh And Theres No Staircase on Milk Road....:P

EDIT: I just found an' intresting Easy money route...i think it would help some non-TAS speedruns if they didint have enough money for chu's on the way over to the bomb shop....if u happen to get to clock town around 10 or so...you can go to the curiosity shop...if u have a bottle on u you could go to the trading post and get the fish thats on the left side of the bridge.....im doin it! lawl....i hope it helps!

Edit: I dont get the gainer....
1. Do u put ur back to the wall?
2. do u let go of z and like a milisecond later press and hold again?
3. BUT WHEN I LET GO OF Z, ITS STILL Z TARGETING!!! WTF?
By Staircase Hover he means you put two bombs on the ground, and hover off the explosions. This makes it so that you don't fall to the ground straight away, since you use two hovers.
Also, that thing about money. In both TAS and non-TAS speedruns, you get enough money from bottle dupe anyway.
Also, just get the Adult's Wallet. Then buy a bomb bag and 20 bombchu. You only need two bomb/chus to have a hover where you wont fall straight to the ground.

For Gainers
You want to face towards a wall that is too high for you to grab normally, but it grabbable if you Ground Jump/Gainer. Hold Z, then backflip and let go of z at the same time. Repress z very quickly.
This is by no means an easy trick, you only have 1 visual frame to repress the z button.

Offline rudemario

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »
OMG DUDE! wtf? i keep trying but when i backflip, i cant at all turn of z targeting while im backfliping....i let go...

EDIT!!!: ignore what  said....i got it....but zora link moves to far back when he back flips...i cnt get him to move closer so he can climb...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:06:12 PM by rudemario »

Offline rudemario

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2011, 12:17:23 PM »
By Staircase Hover he means you put two bombs on the ground, and hover off the explosions. This makes it so that you don't fall to the ground straight away, since you use two hovers.
Also, that thing about money. In both TAS and non-TAS speedruns, you get enough money from bottle dupe anyway.
Also, just get the Adult's Wallet. Then buy a bomb bag and 20 bombchu. You only need two bomb/chus to have a hover where you wont fall straight to the ground.

For Gainers
You want to face towards a wall that is too high for you to grab normally, but it grabbable if you Ground Jump/Gainer. Hold Z, then backflip and let go of z at the same time. Repress z very quickly.
This is by no means an easy trick, you only have 1 visual frame to repress the z button.

Bub.... i tried that staircase glitch...it just drains my all ready low rupee count...:P

Offline RattleMan

• Regular Guay
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2011, 01:27:52 PM »
Bub.... i tried that staircase glitch...it just drains my all ready low rupee count...:P
Try exactly what I do in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M2g3xKmjlQ

Offline rudemario

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2011, 03:31:40 PM »
Try exactly what I do in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M2g3xKmjlQ
Thank u for helping rattle man! :D ur my life long hero! lawl....but i really, i mean....thanks alot....most of the people didint explain it right....or ignored me...thanks!

Offline rudemario

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2011, 04:07:25 PM »
Oh and....if i new how to do it....i probobly could.....

EDIT: I CAN NOW GAINER!!!! BTW IT DOESNINT INVOLVE L PRESSES.....WTF? L IS FOR MOON JUMPING! (lawl....gameshark...sucks :P)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:01:08 PM by rudemario »

Offline rudemario

• Deku Scrub
Bottle Dupe Info URGENT!
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2011, 06:31:57 PM »
Hello...i bottle dup'ed over my pictograph, and i was wondering, How do u get it back? im assuming you go back and talk to the guy at the swamp but i dont think the game checks for ur pictograph like it does with the ocarina....plz get back to me as soon as possible! i will be checking this every half hour so be dont hesitate to reply! Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:40:36 PM by mzxrules »

Offline bluephantom340

• Special Guay
Re: Bottle Dupe Info URGENT!
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2011, 06:54:08 PM »
Next time post in the question and answer thread. <_<
And no, you can't get it back unless you haven't played song of time.
[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd