ZSR Forums
April 23, 2024, 05:41:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Question & Answer Thread  (Read 203686 times)
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2011, 07:12:25 PM »

What playe said.
Also note that you have to hold slightly up-left or up-right, return to neutral then hold the direction you want to face.
Or as an alternative you could hold slightly up-left or up-right, roll, then hit the direction you want right as the roll ends.
Kaztalek
Special Guay

« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2011, 01:04:44 AM »

woodfall loading zone exists, but its underwater

oob water warps you so sonata skip isnt likely

* ZFG sets mode: +b *!*@m2k2-41FE9128.tampfl.fios.verizon.net
* KlydeStorm was kicked by ZFG (I'll destroy you)
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2011, 06:33:02 PM »

About movement speeds. Is constant Zora-diving the fastest way to swim (apart from supersliding of some sorts)? I watched the former ZMM TAS by mukki the other day, and I found it a little odd the way he swam to to PH. He swims for 2 seconds or so, and dives, and it seems too somehow lack a flow in the movement.
Blazing Factor
Regular Guay

Explosives, a speedrunner's best friend.

Email
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2011, 08:20:04 PM »

Yeah it's the fastest way to swim.

Ha! OoT glitches in SSBB still work! Grin
playe
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2011, 10:32:11 PM »

About movement speeds. Is constant Zora-diving the fastest way to swim (apart from supersliding of some sorts)? I watched the former ZMM TAS by mukki the other day, and I found it a little odd the way he swam to to PH. He swims for 2 seconds or so, and dives, and it seems too somehow lack a flow in the movement.
I believe the actual movement is called "dolphin-diving" and yes it is the fastest form of movement aside from super-swimming.
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2011, 08:25:49 PM »

So you ought to dive continously if you want to swim the fastest. And the swimming in the obsoleted TAS isn't sensible as optimized movement.
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2011, 09:44:40 AM »

About Virtual Console, are there different versions of the game? I read "NTSC VC" somewhere somewhat indicating that there are different versions. So when I a european, download MM to play it on Wii, which version do I get?
Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2011, 01:06:27 PM »

PAL VC which will run about 5/6ths of the speed of NTSC VC

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
ArthurDent
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2011, 10:06:51 AM »

So if I download that, to get a new Majora's Mask experience, I still get an inferiror version:(
Childlink9999
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2011, 10:30:22 AM »

I'm in england so i get shitty PAL and was just wondering is it like OoT where certain glitches like megaflips (off enemies) and superslides (as adult link) are more difficult?? I've been having alot of trouble with megahovers and it's probably 'cos i'm a nub but i can do superslides and HESS's fine, was just wondering is it because i'm on PAL??

EDIT: holy shit i just tried it on the gamecube version and just got two megaflips out of hover in the first 5 mins!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:39:19 AM by Childlink9999 » Logged
BottlesFTW
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2011, 01:47:01 PM »

I'm in england so i get shitty PAL and was just wondering is it like OoT where certain glitches like megaflips (off enemies) and superslides (as adult link) are more difficult?? I've been having alot of trouble with megahovers and it's probably 'cos i'm a nub but i can do superslides and HESS's fine, was just wondering is it because i'm on PAL??

EDIT: holy shit i just tried it on the gamecube version and just got two megaflips out of hover in the first 5 mins!
You can megaflip on pal in mm. Idk why you can hess and you can't megaflip, they're basically the same trick lol
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »

Ing told me that on the pal version link doesn't roll as far so they are a bit harder than on ntsc.
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2011, 04:42:33 PM »

Gamecube runs the same speed as NTSC.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
Childlink9999
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #163 on: September 29, 2011, 10:25:06 AM »

Ing told me that on the pal version link doesn't roll as far so they are a bit harder than on ntsc.

Well the difference is a a lot more than "a bit harder" for me. I just bashed three megaflips in a row on the gamecube version and generally get them once every two or three tries, went back to PAL VC and with 20 bombs couldn't get a single one. it seems whenever i get the timing that would result in a megaflip on the gamecube version, link just recoil flips instead gaining no height or distance as ISG is on. Personally i think the timing is just a lot harder on PAL 'cos i was getting them instantly on the gamecube version unless there's someone who's consistent with megaflips on the PAL version who begs to differ.
D U F I
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2011, 05:59:54 PM »

you aren't playing at the same speed as you would be on gamecube so your timing is off
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: