ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:59:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 430257 times)
MrGrunz
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2010, 09:06:07 PM »

pro way to access ikana canyon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usJBQqRsflo
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »

pro way to access ikana canyon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usJBQqRsflo
Wouldn't it be faster to hover up that ledge that you climb so you wont have to reactivate isg?

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2010, 06:28:26 PM »

Wouldn't it be faster to hover up that ledge that you climb so you wont have to reactivate isg?

who cares thats the pro way to enter

<@Cosmo> ive only drawn naked people recently
RBABot   [SEEN] elminster was last seen in #zelda 0secs ago saying ".seen elminster"
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2010, 07:45:36 PM »

I did some messing around with overstuffing in MM. It's a lot different than in OoT.

Catch something in your initial bottle, then do a fullswipe (Hold shield, then hold initial bottle, then release shield- you will swing a full bottle)
Now empty or catch something in a secondary bottle to link it to the first.

Here's the differences:
-to fullswipe you can use any bottle on any c, so long as it has the exact contents as the first fullswipe did. If you fullswiped HSW, HSW in a different bottle can be fullswiped until it cools to normal spring water
-all fullswipe catches are done in an empty bottle, and the empty bottle must be in the c-slot that your secondary bottle was in. Any empty bottle will work, as long as it's in the same slot.

RBA example:
-go to hot spring with fish on c-left and bugs on c-down
-empty and catch fish
-fullswipe
-empty c-down bugs
-Equip new fish bottle on c-right (not necessary but shows how fullswipe works) and duped bottle on c-down
-full-swipe by the spring with c-right and you'll catch HSW in your duped bottle, causing it's normal effects.

I tested a lot and found no cool RBA effects.

Things to test: how this can affect collection delay at curiosity shop, how to empty the wrong contents (basically have an egg on left and fish on right, empty the fish bottle and have it come out as an egg)

EDIT: Upon more research, I have come to a new conclusion:
ALL BOTTLES WITH THE SAME CONTENTS ARE AUTOMATICALLY LINKED.
Fullswipe is not required to link bottles.

If you empty and catch a fish, then empty another fish, a full bottle remains in your hand, which you can fullswipe-catch with.

After some careful thought, I'm almost positive that bottles work like this:

· If emptying a bottle with an empty bottle or nothing in your hand, put the bottle away
· If emptying a bottle with a full bottle of the same contents in your hand, keep the full bottle in your hand
· All bottles containing the same contents have absolutely no difference at all, except for where it is placed on the pause screen (empty bottles are all one and the same, too)
· Bottles of like contents are differentiated by where they are placed on C
· If a bottle is swung, and its C-position has changed to something different (except different empty bottles, because they are the same) before a catch, there will be no catch
· If another item is used before a catch that does not interrupt a catch (like the buzz of 0 bombs), there will be no catch
· A fullswipe is no different than swinging an empty bottle on the C-position was last used

This may give you some insight if you want to try stuff with bottles
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 09:05:07 PM by Lexkeeta » Logged

Zero
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2010, 05:44:48 AM »

I tried the time stop glitch and opened a stray fairy chest but they weren't infinite.  Sad
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »

@zero- no cs to skip in a fairy chest lol
-------
Weird B- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrGTIL0cSWw
Deku Ocarina B and Drowning Zora- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEWdWc-apaI

go crazy, find something cool with the timer

Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2010, 09:37:08 PM »

Ocarina on B as any Transformation (Even Zora)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB3VfHp2P-I

also, blank B as Link (get off horse as goron or zora after warping) seems to be different than swordless, with equally weird traits, like giving ocarina on B as Link just losing in H&D. I'll explain once I mess around with it more.

RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2010, 09:49:36 PM »

Not knowing anything about the epona gliches, I have no idea what is going on. Can you provide a text description? Also, what does it take to get Epona besides hovering into Lon Lon...must you learn Epona's Song? (and if so how...lol I suck at anything horse related in MM).

By the way, your tags in that video are pretty accurate.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:53:13 PM by RingRush » Logged

ded
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2010, 10:11:18 PM »

i changed the vid description to explain how

to get epona you must enter the ranch on day 1 (either by hovering or powder keg) and you must have arrows. Do the 10 balloon game and you got it. You do not need to have arrows or ocarina on c to get Epona or Epona's song.

RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2010, 10:17:35 PM »

If this requires both the ocarina and mask on C, it is pretty useless :/. If you have both, you might as well just play NWBN. Cool trick though.

ded
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2010, 12:44:25 AM »

You only need ocarina to get Epona in clock town. So I guess if there's an alternate way, you can use that.

Also, warping out of Zora bottle race or Goron race does nothing, probably because you're able to exit the race normally by walking out, unlike the jumping game and H&D. This is the same reason warping out of treasure pillars does nothing (you can use ocarina on c while playing).

Razor
Regular Guay

Zombie Hover

« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2010, 01:36:16 AM »

I did forward superslide the other day, and I think I've finally figured out how to get it to work every time. Still in progress. If combined with HESS it would be the most advantegous method of travel in the game--FHESS--. Grin

Forest Water+Backflip=Gainers?
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2010, 09:59:50 PM »

Messing around in Sakon's hideout:
-easier to break in with a sidehop than rolling, just align yourself with the small mark on the ground near the crack
-kafei's B is reliant on your B, much like diving glitch Zora (we really need a name for this mode). Whatever you have on B, he'll have the same thing (except for sword, punch, and shoot), whether it's solid B, swordless, deku nut, and ocarina.
Unfortunately, no matter what his B button shows, he'll always punch.

-----
Got more heart containers on N64. At a certain number of hearts (I lost count), the file gets perma-fucked. The transition is instantaneous; the exact moment you get the 4th hp, the game stops checking visual frames. You can still move and pause to refresh the frame. Basically, it's the same thing as 170 hearts, except it doesn't need z-target, and can't be escaped with an explosion. The game runs normally only during certain cutscenes, playing ocarina, text boxes, and inside clock tower (not on top).

What's interesting, is that while you're in this mode, the game is running 4x faster than normal. It's not just deceiving audio; i was getting heart pieces every 2 seconds instead of 8. I know in 170 heart mode it sometimes randomly doubled your speed, but this is ridiculous in that you're permanently going even faster, but only when the games stops checking frames.

So I guess my hunch that 170 hearts could improve ILs was theoretically correct, it's just that you'd have to beat the whole thing blind... which isnt going to happen

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2010, 01:23:46 PM »

If we could temp-perma-break the draw frame routine for OoT/MM, without crashing the game, it would be the funniest shit ever. Imagine if someone tried submitting a run like that.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
mysticremen11
Regular Guay

hyes!

« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2010, 12:12:08 AM »

not sure if this is new or not but i got ocarina on b through the boating course minigame. I got it on b when i played the boating course game for the first time without picto box. pretty sure its old but id like some to tell if it is or not

<@Cosmo> ive only drawn naked people recently
RBABot   [SEEN] elminster was last seen in #zelda 0secs ago saying ".seen elminster"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: