ZSR Forums
April 26, 2024, 08:47:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 438476 times)
mmFruit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #510 on: May 23, 2013, 09:50:01 AM »

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 11:10:57 AM by mmFruit » Logged
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #511 on: June 02, 2013, 09:27:26 PM »

Blast mask Weirdshot using low ledges: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGA2veJ3jbw

Hooray for low%
mmFruit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #512 on: June 14, 2013, 02:18:55 PM »

came up with a possible wrong warp idea:

in pirates fortress, hookshot room: could there be some kind of wrong warp when you jump into the fishtank as goron? the guards will notice you, goron drowns and you'll spawn at the entrance of the room, but maybe it's somehow possible to get the respawn + spawning outside on the same frame or something?

Im a scrub when it comes to wrong warps and that stuff, so just an idea..

same would go for the first area of PF, also, with deku mask maybe

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:52:25 PM by mmFruit » Logged
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #513 on: June 15, 2013, 04:45:11 PM »

I'd guess one will take priority over the other and not break the space-time continuum we are hoping for.
GJ2323
Regular Guay

« Reply #514 on: June 15, 2013, 08:10:54 PM »

Somebody already did this in the first area of PF, and apparently it can cause this to happen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y9keOMCjEA
So I guess you respawn normally, but getting caught keeps you in goron form even if you entered as another form?
Jeville
Special Guay

"special"

« Reply #515 on: June 15, 2013, 08:58:39 PM »

So it does cause a wrong warp, taking you to where the game thinks is the first entrance. The Goron form is kept as an effect of getting caught. Interesting how the form is still kept during the drowning loop regardless of not getting caught.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 09:01:20 PM by Jeville » Logged
thiefbug
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #516 on: June 16, 2013, 04:18:50 PM »

was practicing and accidently caused this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl6Nd2PGnYY

already known? useful for something? it works like a regular ocarina :/

by the way (not useful anymore I think)
by dropping 3 bombs and switching the masks, you can damage buffer and get the damage of all the bombs instead of just one explosion (so you'll lose ½ hearts per switch up to the amount of bombs dropped)

It can be done by triggering an item that causes a cutscene (mask / bottle)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:31:15 PM by thiefbug » Logged
mmFruit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #517 on: June 16, 2013, 05:27:54 PM »

it also works with a powder keg
GJ2323
Regular Guay

« Reply #518 on: June 16, 2013, 11:06:04 PM »

I found a few more methods of ocarina diving/ getting song storage without hovering.

1) Go up to an edge as far as you can (as a human) and do a diagonal slash (hold z+right and press b) then mash ocarina. This is pretty fast and should be useful for getting SoT storage after inverting stone tower.

2) Jump/sidehop toward a ledge, then land on it with a jumpslash. If your timing was right, you should see sparks appear where link's sword hits. Mash ocarina and he should fall backwards off the edge. This one is more precise and generally slower than the other methods.
GoronGuy
Site Editor
Regular Guay

MM Woop~

« Reply #519 on: June 24, 2013, 07:49:22 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhSL07h8Vsw tylerartrip found this last night

Works for Bongo Bongo in OoT as well lol

<GoronGuy> What's your opinion on slavery?
<Washeyy> Make all Greeks slaves to redeem their debt.

<Indextic> what time was the ransomiser bingo
<Indextic> yes the ransomizer
<Indextic> all the items are held hostage and you have to pay to get them
mmFruit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #520 on: June 27, 2013, 09:38:06 PM »

I just noticed that after you watch the alternate clock tower cutscene in the first cycle (when you're outside of clock town, in termina fields), termina fields will be like in any normal cycle, with the ice, enemies and grottos being there. if you enter a loading zone it'll be like it always is in first cycle again

we can get the dodongo grotto heart piece for max% first cycle now
-_-
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:57:38 PM by mmFruit » Logged
GlitchesAndStuff
Site Editor
Special Guay

Feel free to ask me anything

« Reply #521 on: June 28, 2013, 03:01:09 PM »

I just noticed that after you watch the alternate clock tower cutscene in the first cycle (when you're outside of clock town, in termina fields), termina fields will be like in any normal cycle, with the ice, enemies and grottos being there. if you enter a loading zone it'll be like it always is in first cycle again

we can get the dodongo grotto heart piece for max% first cycle now
-_-

That was actually already known and is already in the route. iirc, we have the option to do either dodongo grotto or some other one (peahat?) but not both. This is the hardest part of the route, as it requires killing the dodongos quickly at midnight and then getting all the way to the telescope guy to trigger 4th day.
GJ2323
Regular Guay

« Reply #522 on: July 31, 2013, 02:33:02 AM »

A while back I posted an interesting glitch I had found, however I explained it pretty poorly. Basically, you timestop (bottle/shield method) in front of a gossip stone, and it will put you in a state where you can play the ocarina and walk around at the same time. So you can play songs while you're moving, and strange things will happen. Here's a list of possible effects I've gathered:

-playing SoT in this state and selecting yes will save the game without taking you back in time, much like SoT storage
-SoDT takes you forward in time without playing a cutscene. You can select yes while entering a loading zone to reset your current day.
-ISoT slows time without playing a cutscene.
-playing SoS will cause the menu to pop up, but just like SoS storage, trying to warp does nothing. Undecided If the menu comes up while you're z-targeting, the game will softlock.
-entering a loading zone while any of these songs are playing will cause them to get stored. (useful? probably not, or in very rare occasions.)
-epona's song still calls epona
-elegy of emptiness does nothing
-once you activate the glitch, you can use c-up to cancel the locked timestop camera and allow you to use items while playing the ocarina. You can even switch masks.
-if when a song finishes you're in actor range of a cutscene triggered by that song, the cutscene will play. For example, you can timestop at the gossip stone at the 2nd part of great bay, swim over to zora cape, and play NWBN. If you're anywhere near the cape when the song finishes and in zora form, the turtle cs will start
-taking out the real ocarina cancels this
-bringing up a text box while a song is playing cancels the playback, but the song's text box will come up as soon as you skip the text

One of the most interesting aspects of this glitch is that even though you're technically in ocarina mode, all enemies, npcs, and everything are still moving even though they should be frozen. Could this be linked to the songs behaving strangely? I don't see very many uses for this, but it can be triggered wherever there is a gossip stone, and there still might be more effects that I overlooked. Sorry for the long post.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #523 on: August 01, 2013, 07:09:56 AM »

all npcs or just all npcs that aren't time driven?

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
mmFruit
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #524 on: August 01, 2013, 08:41:34 AM »

I think it's like in stop time. with stop time activated, (time driven) npcs also still move, even though time is stopped.

this doesn't really lead to any useful outcomes though.
you can, for instance, stop time before anju comes to the midnight meeting, and it causes her to be there earlier in terms of ingame time, but she'll keep walking in place (like, moonwalk) until the timing is right again.

same goes for blast mask event, you can stop time at 0:00, the old lady will keep walking until she reaches the spot where the cutscene would play, then just stop. when you cancel stop time she'll be standing there waiting until its like 00:20, then the sakon cutscene will play

kinda fun though. maybe there is a spot where this has an actual effect
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 08:49:47 AM by mmFruit » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: