ZSR Forums
April 27, 2024, 03:44:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: MM: Trick Research & Discovery Thread  (Read 438723 times)
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2010, 01:59:45 AM »

I don't know if it is new or not, but I just found out how to get the Giant's Wallet without the Hero's Bow. If this is new then I will upload it to Youtube, if it isn't than I'm not obviously. 

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2010, 04:38:51 AM »

Why not upload it anyway, even if ZFG does tell you it's old?

Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2010, 05:25:35 AM »

Ok I found it without the bow or deku sticks ._. Forgot about those things :/

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2010, 10:15:39 AM »

Finally I discover a new glitch ( i think, is new)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wmOVZI80UU

Geting Lents of Truth in the dekucycle
1. deku guard skip
2. there are no ice barrier, so simply go to snow path
3. group 4 enemies. You can get 5 if the 5th enemie jumps the snowballs.
4. climb the ramp at the top and make the enemies group behind you
5. Shield aiming to the enemies
6. Get hit and with luck you get throw snowballs.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 10:17:36 AM by NOKAUBURE » Logged

Tongue
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2010, 05:23:29 PM »

Ok I found it without the bow or deku sticks ._. Forgot about those things :/
yea thats new

Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2010, 06:03:10 PM »

Finally I discover a new glitch ( i think, is new)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wmOVZI80UU

Geting Lents of Truth in the dekucycle
1. deku guard skip
2. there are no ice barrier, so simply go to snow path
3. group 4 enemies. You can get 5 if the 5th enemie jumps the snowballs.
4. climb the ramp at the top and make the enemies group behind you
5. Shield aiming to the enemies
6. Get hit and with luck you get throw snowballs.

That's old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6126mOKwW8

NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2010, 06:09:53 PM »

TT and he's method is more faster too...

Tongue
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2010, 03:09:32 PM »

(link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QodVlzXB84)
hi, i was playing majoras mask today and i believe i found some kind of glitch.
(i dont know if this has been found before). i will first describe the glitch briefly,
then in as much detail as possible (including what i did in oot before i switched, although
i doubt that has anything to do with it).also sorry for the video quality my vcr doesnt work,
or i would have used that.

i found the glitch (could have been a memory leak, not sure how that stuff works.)
 when i turned on mm my files were gone. when i started the game link had no sword and shield,
and the c buttons were all ocarinas (that worked), if i pressed start every single item slot and mask slot on the
two c-button select screens were covered with ocarinas. also my health was gone. i just had no hearts, and it acted
as if i had no life.

this paragraph probably has no importance, its just what i did in oot before switching games, so feel free to skip this paragraph (im documenting
EVERYTHING i can remember that has the REMOTEST chance of having something to do with the glitch).
also for clarities sake i was using silver 1.1 (not sure if they had gold 1.1) i started in the temple of time because i was trying
to get the double defense early. but i had never done a superslide so after getting frustrated by that i decided to go get naryu's
love because it might help me. so i went to gerudos fortress, tried the gate skip for a while, got frustrated and rescued the carpenters.
then after trying to navigate the wastelands without lens of truth by watching a video from my phone (computer was unavailable) i turned off
and switched to mm.

also for clarities sake i've got a holographic gold cart mm. when i turned on mm i started to freak out because both of my files were deleted (one was just past the startup cycle as a deku, and the other had 3 of the dungeons beat and almost at stone temple, owl saved in ikana village). so then i  started a new file with the name a. as i was going through the starting cutscene i was just pressing i and paying attention to my friend on the computer/zoning out. but i started paying attention when i saw/heard link dying, and then went, "wtf isnt it not possible for link to die there?" when i spawned i noticed a few things that got me reaching for my phones recording button. first i noticed that the hearts in the top left corner were gone. not greyed out, but completely gone. then links sword and shield were missing, although he did have his sheath on his back (this of course means that nothing was on the b button), and then of cource all three c buttons had ocarinas on them, which did work, played the notes they should have, but of course i had no songs so i couldnt test that function of it. the a button did nothing, and when i paused the game all item slots where filled with ocarinas, and the ones that should have consumables (bombs, etc) had the greyed out 0 on them (should have checked to see if those ocarinas worked).

so then i went and did the cutscene to become a deku normally and everything up to clock town was normal (except for the aforementioned effects). then when i got to clock town and went up to the dog (that attacks the deku) it attacked me and i died, so i went up to it again and ran into it and died. this is when i noticed that although the game treated it like i only had 1 quarter health i did not hear the customary zelda sound for when you have low health (So maybe it thought the min health was set to 0, or whatever so it treated it like full and no beep?)

after that i went and danced with the scarecrow in the shop to make it night. i went and caught the fairy, and that caught me off gaurd because after catching the fairy i died, although when i spawned i still had the fairy caught. so i went to the great fairy to go experiment with magic, and then thats when disaster struck. i returned the fairy and the GF appeared but then after she bestowed magic (which i could see the bar fine, and appeared right where it was supposed to) and the cutscene ended i died. then the cutscene where the great fairy healed me happened and afterwards i died, infinite loop causing me to reset. this brings me to my theory about what the game thought my health was. it thought i had at maximum 0 hearts, which is why none showed on the screen, and since im at max health it doesnt beep. then whenever it has something that checks my current health, it realizes i have 0 hearts and kills me, that would explain the dog, and why only certain cutscenes killed me(the beginning cutscene where my health gets filled by the game, not sure about getting the fairy, but when i got magic it heals me normally, then healing me is obvious.). one thing i didnt do that might have proved this theory is get 4 heart pieces to get another heart container, but i did not want to try and glitch the game

so then i restarted and tried some experimenting, first i did the same thing, name a in file 1 to see what happened at the beginning, as i thought it went through the opening cutscene then i died and restarted with the glitch. then i did file 2 with a random name to see if maybe the name had something to do with determining the item it filled the spots with (something with memory addresses), but i still got ocarinas. finally the thing that leads me to thinking it was a memory leak of some kind from the game not being in the right way, was that i turned the n64 off, blew the dust out of both n64 and majoras mask, then when i put it back in both save files were back, and they both peformed fine.

i have not been able to replicate it so far, but i thought this was a very interesting find, i had not heard of it
and if this is old i would like to learn more about it, this probably isnt practical in any kind of speedrun, but it is odd, and possibly, if it isnt old, it could lead to something. just ask any questions in the comments, or you can email them to thundrio@yahoo.com. also the reason there is no audio is because i didnd want you do be subjected to me freaking out at my friend, and that said friend laughing and playing left 4 dead 2 right next to me.

thanks for your time.

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
Lexkeeta
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2010, 03:52:23 PM »

this happened before to people

iirc it's crooked cart, but for your case your connectors were just inserted incorrectly

thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2010, 09:29:07 PM »

any way to safely and efficiently reproduce that? id like to try some stuff with it.

darkeye14
Regular Guay

« Reply #160 on: July 13, 2010, 12:53:00 AM »

BrianMp16 made a pretty comprehensive video about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuZs4xdilhg

Make sure you watch that before you try anything so you don't waste any time.

Edit: I've discovered a new way to reset days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl6FF1okkAM
Basically, you need to play the SoDT in the introductory area before the iron doors. For example, if you're on the First Day, you need to play the SoDT until it asks you to "Proceed to the Dawn of the Second Day". When you step outside, though, it will actually be the Dawn of the First Day; you can't advance days when you're in the introductory area, so the game goes to the dawn of the current day.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:20:44 AM by darkeye14 » Logged

[18:38] <Sigless> darkeye is cute too

[18:45] <aleckermit> We get a free pack of cheetos with every vote too Smiley
[18:46] <bluemarth> in the uk we keep our foreskin
NOKAUBURE
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #161 on: July 13, 2010, 09:51:59 AM »

I have the same carts as you (gold mm and grey oot), I want to try it too  Cheesy

Tongue
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #162 on: July 20, 2010, 08:35:04 PM »

i "found" another glitch (this time im sure its a glitch and not a memory leak as i did it on vc). i was trying to get the hp from the honey and darlings shop, i was on the second day and trying to throw the bombs in the basket. i had accidently dropped a bomb, so i ran to the right of it and was about to throw another one when the bomb exploded and i long jumped (i think) off the platform and started hanging onto one of the baskets. of course the game ended and link was forced off the platform. so i tried again, only this time i still had all my hud (greyed out) and b was blanks o i couldnt use bombs. during that time it turned to night (doubt that effects anything). i tried a few more times, to see if i could use bombs, i went outside and played isot (cuz i didnt have much time left to get a perfect score) then i realized i was swordless. i played the sot, and went back to day 1 and had my sword back.

from researching online i couldnt find the trick on zsr (no swordless stuff listed there) and i youtubed it and the closest things i found were a video describing how to get swordless in romani ranch (description listed same effects as me) and a video on how to get the ocarina on b in the h+d shop (but that was during the bombchu minigame on day 1)

if i found something new i will try to replicate/record it and post on youtube.

thanks

darkeye14
Regular Guay

« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2010, 09:58:29 PM »

Grabbing the ledge in the Honey and Darling game to go swordless is three years old, but grabbing a basket with a Long Jump certainly sounds new to me. I would love to see a replication of it on Youtube, as I've been trying to TAS the trick for about an hour to no avail. Link simply refuses to grab the ledge of the basket for me; he either misses the basket, or he lands inside of it. This savestate is a perfect example of what I mentioned. When you use the TAS Input plugin and set the joystick at x=16 and y=-42, Link fails to even grab the basket, but when you set the joystick to x=16 and y=-43, he snaps inside the basket without grabbing it.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 10:05:28 PM by darkeye14 » Logged

[18:38] <Sigless> darkeye is cute too

[18:45] <aleckermit> We get a free pack of cheetos with every vote too Smiley
[18:46] <bluemarth> in the uk we keep our foreskin
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2010, 05:22:49 AM »

i have managed to replicate it a few times, but when im trying to do it on tas, it keeps desyncing when i play the video. ive had 3-5 successfull attempts in the last couple hours, but all of them have desynced (ive also had 2 successful attempts (inc my original find) on the console), ill try to record it again tomorrow morinng.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: