ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:51:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottom of the Well  (Read 44676 times)
glitchiegoomie
Regular Guay

« on: March 03, 2010, 10:59:24 PM »

After a long day of glitching, when your Kokiri cap is covered with the dung and feathers of the domesticated Cucco bird, your B Button is blank and the only item in your inventory is one last Deku Stick, where do you take shelter at night from the Stalchildren?

My favorite place to crack open an ice cold Lon Lon Milk is the Bottom of the Well. It's easy to get in and there is a meager 1 Deku Stick cover charge (free with Kokiri Sword).

What's your favorite save location for a glitched-out character that ran away from the Kokiri Forest before the almighty Deku Tree gave permission?

glitchiegoomie, Triforce Hunter
Elminster45
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 01:07:48 AM »

What's your favorite save location for a glitched-out character that ran away from the Kokiri Forest before the almighty Deku Tree gave permission?

Can't beat the Spirit Temple.
aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 03:03:30 AM »

Can't beat the Spirit Temple.

Agreed. The Spirit Temple has an awesome theme song and feel to it.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
glitchiegoomie
Regular Guay

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 04:25:19 AM »

Elminster45 and aleckermit,

In theory, I agree with you both 100%.

In practice, my certainty diminishes. I must ask you both the following question:

Have you done the Cucco Jump without the Kokiri Sword, with only the Deku Stick on a C-Button?

It is much, much more difficult than a Cucco Jump with the Kokiri Sword on the B-Button (one of the tougher tricks) or even the Deku Stick on the B- Button (an even tougher trick that combines several glitches and tricks).

If you've attempted it, you know that you have to hit the C-Button twice to activate a jumpslash. Easier said than than done when you can't even see what you're doing.

aleckermit
Mega Guay

back in green

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 04:50:37 AM »

In practice, my certainty diminishes. I must ask you both the following question:

Have you done the Cucco Jump without the Kokiri Sword, with only the Deku Stick on a C-Button?

It is much, much more difficult than a Cucco Jump with the Kokiri Sword on the B-Button (one of the tougher tricks) or even the Deku Stick on the B- Button (an even tougher trick that combines several glitches and tricks).

If you've attempted it, you know that you have to hit the C-Button twice to activate a jumpslash. Easier said than than done when you can't even see what you're doing.

Well with pause buffering I'm sure it's easy, but without then ya that's pretty hard for sure. I've done the DoT Skip with a Deku Stick (no buffering) a few times on GCN. It's pretty tricky considering the GCN's sensitivity and the need to hit the deku stick button twice.

http://youtube.com/aleckermit

<@Swordless> Have you had this problem before? A game not starting until you cleaned it?
Elminster45
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 09:22:08 PM »

This is why I never do Zora Mask RBA, or save with a Deku Stick or a bottle on B as child.

Actually it's not, it's just that I've never had any reason to do either of the above.

I didn't even know that Cucco jump with Deku Stick on C was even possible. Last time I checked, it takes more frames to pull out the Deku Stick and jumpslash with it than the number of frames that you are in the position to do the Cucco jump and can safely drop the Cucco.
RingRush
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 11:22:54 PM »

Wait

WHAT

Have you done cucco jump with a deku stick? As that is HUGE for low%...DoT Skip and the cucco jump are the only reason we need Kokiri Sword. For something like low% MST, this means the Kokiri Sword may be skippable completely.

ded
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 03:54:50 PM »

Wait

WHAT

Have you done cucco jump with a deku stick? As that is HUGE for low%...DoT Skip and the cucco jump are the only reason we need Kokiri Sword. For something like low% MST, this means the Kokiri Sword may be skippable completely.
But how are you thinking to scape the forest then?? from where will you got deku sticks without having the sword??

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 06:16:38 PM »

If I recall correctly, Deku Sticks can be bought.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Chimpas
Regular Guay

Inlove with Twilight Princess

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 03:47:09 PM »

If I recall correctly, Deku Sticks can be bought.
you're right lol!!!

glitchiegoomie
Regular Guay

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 05:34:20 AM »

aleckermit,

With pause buffering almost anything is possible.

Please note that I only play the Ocarina of Time on an original Nintendo 64 console using an original gold cartridge - no Gameshark.

Thanks for corroborating the extreme difficulty of what I am attempting to do.

Elminster45,

It is very possible, but also very difficult, to do a jumpslash while airborne holding a Cucco with only a Deku Stick on a C-Button (having never acquired the Kokiri Sword; having left the Forest early using the Crouch Stab Clip with a Deku Stick).

I have never been able to complete a Cucco Jump over the gate in Gerudo Valley with only a Deku Stick on a C-Button.

I have many times completed the Cucco Jump with only a Deku Stick on the B-Button (having acquired the Kokiri Sword, then blanking the B-Button by leaving the Fishing Pond with the fishing rod as Child Link, and then jumping in the lake). This sequence, however, is time consuming for speed runners, and moot to me.

RingRush,

As noted in my above reply, I have completed the Cucco Jump with a Deku Stick only on the B-Button, but I have not yet been able to complete the Cucco Jump with a Deku Stick only on a C-Button.

Chimpas,

To err is human, to admit it is divine.

mzxrules,

Good eye.

AkiGrahamShitatsuchi
Regular Guay

Ner, just, Ner

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 12:11:58 PM »

My favorite place to rest is the Shadow Temple. More specifically, the entrance to the Shadow Temple.

Lol I was browsing ZU forums and I saw a few posts by this guy I thought was familiar, came on to ZSR forums, saw the same guy posting in this thread, then I couldn't work magnets.

Haters gonna hate.
Blizz:
So we wuz playin zelda 1 and Gannon wuz all "Rawr I stole ur prinzess and cut your magic triangle into 8 segments cuz i am a meaniepants" so then i wuz like "ok lol i'll see you in 45 minutez"
glitchiegoomie
Regular Guay

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 12:28:10 AM »

AkiGrahamShitatsuchi,

Is it possible to enter the Shadow Temple as Child Link with only the Deku Shield and a Deku Stick in your inventory (no Kokiri Sword, no Bombchus, no Bombs) on an N64 console without a Gameshark?

If it is possible, please explain the procedure.

Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 01:04:33 AM »

But how are you thinking to scape the forest then??
WESS escape, I've done it before.
this means the Kokiri Sword may be skippable completely.
I guess so, but that would use up a lot of deku sticks. Get upgrade before leaving Kokiri forest.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
glitchiegoomie
Regular Guay

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 02:47:03 AM »

Razor7581,

Your post insinuates that you believe that a Cucco Jump with only a Deku Stick on a C-Button is possible.

Have you ever tried completing this task on an N64 console without a Gameshark? I have tried thousands of times to no avail. I've come very close, but no cigar.

Of course, I obtained the Deku Stick Upgrade before leaving the Forest. Remember, quantity cannot compensate for quality. This is a one in a million trick - if you can't do this with one Deku Stick, then you can't do it.

Major kudos and infinite respect to anyone who can complete the Cucco Jump with only a Deku Stick on a C-Button.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: