ZSR Forums
April 18, 2024, 09:25:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 923684 times)
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2010, 07:33:46 AM »

Hey, I got a question about Ruto bottle/skipping golden scale. I tried to skip golden scale by doing the backflip into Lakeside Lab to get OoB into the water and then did swam off the water and caught myself into lower water ya know. So after that I tried to swim underneath the bottle and get it but I don't think you can pick it up like that because I'm pretty sure I went right through it while coming up to the surface. Do you have to be diving to pick it up >_>? 

Ya, its been tried a lot to get it without a scale but you wont pick it up unless you're in diving animation.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Jecko
Regular Guay

« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2010, 07:37:28 AM »

Ya, its been tried a lot to get it without a scale but you wont pick it up unless you're in diving animation.

Yeah I figured, decided to try anyway because I REALLY thought it would work

AniMeowzerz
Special Guay

Meow, and... stuff.

AniMeowzerz@hotmail.com AniMeowzerz
Email
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2010, 08:53:11 AM »

It's the same deal with Ocarina of time, you have to dive for it. you can land perfectly on it from the chains or whatever, but nooo, you have to be diving >:C

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Bonooru
Regular Guay

« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2010, 02:49:54 AM »

in pokey's ss run before the hover to go fishing it looks like he gets isg off of navi. did i see that right? if so is the timing the same because i cant seem to get it to work
Enterim
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2010, 03:23:52 AM »

ISG off Navi is very possible. The timing is roughly the same. It's simple enough that even I can do it.
Uberzelda64
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2010, 03:47:53 PM »

I need help with the ess forest escape. I can get the ess easily but I'm having a hard time to get all the way till not Mido any suggestions?
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2010, 05:42:36 PM »

I need help with the ess forest escape. I can get the ess easily but I'm having a hard time to get all the way till not Mido any suggestions?
If you're having trouble with the angle change, try pausing and using that time to change your position on the control stick.

Uberzelda64
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2010, 06:43:22 PM »

If you're having trouble with the angle change, try pausing and using that time to change your position on the control stick.
My problem is that I can't keep the angle perfect so sometimes he'll turn in the other direction. playing gamecube btw
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2010, 08:10:00 PM »

My problem is that I can't keep the angle perfect so sometimes he'll turn in the other direction. playing gamecube btw
I'm assuming you're using a down-left/down right angle.  Sometimes with a down right/left angle the control stick can move left even if its right if its close to directly down.Try moving the control stick more directly right/left and less down for turning. 

thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2010, 06:18:25 PM »

i have a few theories/ideas im going to try out, and i had a few questions first.

1) while i can do dot skip relatively easily on console, i have not been able to achieve it on tas. would somebody be able to tell me the exact values of the analog sticks position is for the roll and sidehop? (i would look through the any% tas and copy the inputs but i have not been able to watch it without a desync)

2)could somebody explain the differences of how to bomb/chu hover in oot/mm. i can hover in mm but not oot and i think this would help me learn to (sorry i posted this in the wrong thread a few days ago, i was on my phone and i thought i hit the right link but i guess i didnt)

3)if i do a jumplash at nothing in midair, does that store the damage for crouch stab (the page on the site makes it seem so, but i wasnt sure). also does the stored damage last until the next attack no matter when, or does it reset sometimes (would the crouch stab keep the previous attacks damage after a reset, or travel through time for instance?)

thanks if you can answer any of these questions.

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
Glitched!
Regular Guay

I glitch a lot except for vine clipping

Email
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2010, 09:07:44 PM »

3)if i do a jumplash at nothing in midair, does that store the damage for crouch stab (the page on the site makes it seem so, but i wasnt sure). also does the stored damage last until the next attack no matter when, or does it reset sometimes (would the crouch stab keep the previous attacks damage after a reset, or travel through time for instance?)

It still works if you jumpslash at nothing and it lasts forever.

so basically you can jumpslash one time and keep that same attack power in crouch stab form for an infinite time

GRRRR! Stupid vine clip y won't u work
Elminster
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2010, 10:29:28 PM »

1) I have no idea.

2) OoT's explosions start small and expand to their full range each frame. If you use backflipping or sidehopping to hover in open space without Hover Boots, you will move too far and too fast and the explosion won't hit your shield. Also, the shield's hitbox is smaller and doesn't extend behind you, so you can easily get shield poked if the explosion is too close. There is a very strict timing for bomb hovering with Kokiri Boots in open space, but you have to time both the shield drop and the backflip correctly, so it is unpreferred. The easiest way is to hover with Hover Boots, since they kill your momentum and let the explosion hit your shield easily; however, it takes dozens of explosives to attain a significant distance. Hover Boots are generally preferred for obtaining height. An alternative to Hover Boots is projectile hovering, which basically means readying the slingshot, bow or hookshot to fire, then quickly backflipping, firing the weapon to halt your momentum, and shield dropping a chu. There's a small window in which you can fire the weapon, and firing at different times will vary the distance and height you attain with the hover. There is also contortion hovering, which is a little weird. It involves taking out a projectile weapon and aiming it as far up as possible, then backflipping and shield dropping a chu (do NOT fire the weapon). This achieves the maximum distance you can get out of a hover, and the chu explosion barely hits your shield because of how you are bent backwards when you aim the hookshot/bow so high. This doesn't work in a lot of seemingly random places. The currently accepted theory is that when the game is busy with loading and rendering surrounding textures and objects, it may interrupt certain checks that the game makes. In places where there is a lot of stuff for the game's processor to handle, it may be too busy to make a collision check for when the explosion hits your shield, causing you to simply fall out of your backflip. Contortion hovering also does not work as child. Sideflip hovers are generally the most convenient method of distance hovering; face perpendicular to your target, then sideroll in the opposite direction from where you want to go, then do a diagonal backflip. This is useful because it doesn't require any additional items and works as both child and adult, but many people find it difficult to pull off consistently. One final method I've heard about is angled backflips, but I don't know how they work. I think Pokey found those, though.
EDIT: I almost forgot to mention breath timing for hovering against a wall. I think breath timing for a bomb is to shield drop and backflip half a second after the 2nd exhale begins, and with a chu it is to shield drop and backflip a quarter second after the 4th inhale begins. This requires you to be up against a wall (it does work at an angle against the wall so you can still gain some distance from it) and it does not require Hover Boots.

3) Yes, that will store the damage of a jumpslash. You do not need to successfully strike an enemy; as long as you perform the attack, the damage will be stored. Damage is stored until you enter the loading zone for a new area.

so basically you can jumpslash one time and keep that same attack power in crouch stab form for an infinite time

This is incorrect.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:31:55 PM by Elminster » Logged

ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »

elm = amazing at explaining oot hovers

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2010, 07:49:42 PM »

I know this isn't strictly OoT, but how do you put pictures in your posts? I've been wanting to do it a few times, but don't know how.

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2010, 08:55:26 PM »

Upload it too an image-hosting site like www.imageshack.us or www.tinypic.com then copy the forum code here. I prefer imageshack because you don't have to type a security code every time you upload an image.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 08:57:10 PM by Exodus122 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: