ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:09:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 914450 times)
Waz
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #870 on: November 27, 2014, 02:43:50 PM »

Hi, I've been wondering for a while how to go about getting into running/learning OoT. The 3 games I've learned so far, SMW SM64 and Skyrim, all have savestates or at least very efficient and simple ways of practicing but OoT seems more complicated. I'm guessing everyone practices on emulator with very good usb adapters? If that's the case what are the best adapters and how accurate are they? I'll be playing on N64 with an N64 controller (maybe hori if I happen to prefer it) and starting with No RBA/WW into MST/AD later. Also are gamesharks useful?
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #871 on: December 09, 2014, 12:43:15 AM »

Sorry for the late reply, I was gonna answer earlier but I had to leave for class and I thought someone else would take it up  Roll Eyes

Regular saves on console in addition to practicing specific tricks on emulator seems to be the norm from what I can see. However, personally I just do everything on console. Gamesharks can help a bunch with practicing too - you can give yourself infinite items so you can grind superslides or megaflips for example. You can also use a Gameshark to copy save files to a Controller Pak if you have one. I'm not in a position recommend an adapter for emulator, but if no one else recommends one I've heard the Mayflash ones are fine (although they do assign the c-buttons to Z-rotation iirc).

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #872 on: December 11, 2014, 10:36:29 PM »

Gameshark codes can also be used to spawn anywhere. But I'm probably the only one that does that.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
SgtPepper
Deku Scrub

One-way Ticket To Ride

« Reply #873 on: January 24, 2015, 04:20:08 AM »

Is there any possible way to go straight Inside the Great Deku Tree without triggering the prior cutscene, like maybe being able to clip through his closed mouth? Could any kind of ESS skip at least the cutscene like it does with Kaepora Gaebora?
I know someone's probably already thought of this all, and call me out for that if you like, but I'm kind of a nub. I've been interested in finding a way to skip this cutscene if at all possible, because it is in fact just valuable time being wasted.

actually HESS stands for Hyper-Extended Super Swag
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #874 on: January 24, 2015, 11:10:37 AM »

As an adult you can do this. You probably want it for child Link, I do not think we have anything for that. It would take longer most likely, you have to skip the cutscene and also clip through his mouth somehow.

Oh, and you can skip the cutscene by death: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZglaUkY8imU. But that is slow obviously.
Hyperion64
Deku Scrub

« Reply #875 on: January 24, 2015, 12:05:02 PM »

You can unload the area by avoiding the loading trigger as child as well but it requires explosives.
Exodus' method with bombs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlH5kj7QAgE
MTA did a TAS with chus which should be doable in real time with one extra chu - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDmlCoC_g_0
All of the current clips into the loading zone for Deku Tree require Hover Boots afaik.
SgtPepper
Deku Scrub

One-way Ticket To Ride

« Reply #876 on: January 24, 2015, 07:10:16 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot to say I was looking for a solution for Any%. I guess it looks hopeless. Maybe if there was somehow a way to skip the trigger for loading the Deku Tree area while performing Mido Skip, that would be cool. Does anyone know an exact measurement for the area that the trigger spans?

actually HESS stands for Hyper-Extended Super Swag
nickenator8
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #877 on: February 23, 2015, 02:58:44 PM »

I rba'd cojiro (dropped and caught bugs), but now I can't collect deku nuts. Is there a way I can undo this?

Would getting a deku nut upgrade fix this?

Update: Getting a Deku Nut upgrade does fix this problem.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:45:35 PM by nickenator8 » Logged
RattleMan
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #878 on: February 25, 2015, 12:38:42 AM »

Oh yeah, I forgot to say I was looking for a solution for Any%. I guess it looks hopeless. Maybe if there was somehow a way to skip the trigger for loading the Deku Tree area while performing Mido Skip, that would be cool. Does anyone know an exact measurement for the area that the trigger spans?

There isn't. The trigger is too far away from where Mido is.
Chain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #879 on: November 13, 2015, 09:39:02 AM »

Does anyone know the inputs for this trick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNHeVS-nv_4

There's also another video of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA-u7s6zDsk

Looks like you try pull a bomb out on a certain frame of the chu explosion but I don't know when you have to pull the hookshot out or if you have to drop multiple chus.
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #880 on: November 14, 2015, 11:25:21 PM »

@Chain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3uWFYZBZKU

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Chain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #881 on: November 15, 2015, 02:24:06 PM »

Cool thanks Jbop (:
Chain
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #882 on: November 20, 2015, 01:09:51 AM »

I've been looking into making a console setup for the timerless deku to shadow wrong warp but when I do the void warp instead of ending up in shadow I end up somewhere different https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyuk0YUMbYU
Does anyone know the cause of this? I've got the 1.0 rom, I've beaten forest temple and I've tried using minuet and bolero cutscenes but in both cases this happens ): I've also checked ganondoor works normally.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:23:40 AM by Chain » Logged
ikswozol
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #883 on: November 20, 2015, 03:17:58 AM »

I believe this is what happens when you void one frame too late
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59]
  Print  

Jump to: