ZSR Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:13:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 914406 times)
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #765 on: February 08, 2014, 08:43:08 AM »

Unfortunately (fortunately?) that's really old, but nice finding it on your own Smiley

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
geraggh34
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #766 on: February 14, 2014, 07:54:22 PM »

ok so i prematurely did DoT skip. i went there without planting a magic bean or getting the lullaby. I got DoT skip not thinking i would get it on my third try.. now i have bombs and c down (RBA Run) and need to get hoverboots from shadow temple. how can i find bombs since they dont just drop? And/or is there anything to do ?

im new here btw and thanks a lot !
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #767 on: February 14, 2014, 08:18:17 PM »

If you never equipped the kokiri sword, you don't need to use the fishing pond to start RBA. You can also use Lon Lon Ranch.

If you did equip the sword, you can still use this to get to the pond:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU7DnM8YGQ4

After that you can use cojiro RBA to get a bomb bag, and RBA over bombs slot to get drops.

Getting chus as adult might be an option but doesn't seem worth it.
geraggh34
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #768 on: February 14, 2014, 08:36:10 PM »

If you never equipped the kokiri sword, you don't need to use the fishing pond to start RBA. You can also use Lon Lon Ranch.

If you did equip the sword, you can still use this to get to the pond:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU7DnM8YGQ4

After that you can use cojiro RBA to get a bomb bag, and RBA over bombs slot to get drops.

Getting chus as adult might be an option but doesn't seem worth it.

Bummer im not timing a run or anything just learning. im an idiot and like i said i went and did DoT skip not getting lullaby, hylian shield, and plant the magic.

so im going to attempt reverse DoT skip or restart. if theres any way i can turn this into any any% that would be awesome too. unfortunately i think i messed up too much. thank you so much for the help Smiley
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #769 on: February 14, 2014, 08:46:02 PM »

Yeah it should still be possible to beat the game. You can get the hylian shield as adult. You need hover boots for adult DoT skip though. I'm not entirely sure what your goal is, but if you think it'd be easier to just start a new game, then it's probably a good idea.
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #770 on: February 17, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »

Thanks a lot!! I was getting them mixed up I did the oi roll sword sidestep and got it Smiley

Now I'm on phase two of ganon picked the master sword up and have hit him about 25 times with isg. What's wrong? I could have killed him three times over by now

You need to make sure you store jumpslash damage before the fight/phase.
http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/tech/power-crouch-stabbing
(ISG has the same power as a crouch stab)
KaizoMK
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #771 on: February 23, 2014, 03:14:40 PM »

Thanks.

Now, how do I side-hop and then jump-slash in the direction I side-hopped?

Also, I downloaded WSplit, and I'm wondering if there's a place I can find various templates, especially for Ocarina of Time.
geraggh34
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #772 on: February 28, 2014, 10:18:08 AM »

Hi everybody, lately I've been running no rba no ww since I have gotten ganondoor pretty consistent. Lately I've been doing the spirit hover alternative and skipping the silver block and SS jumpslash to mirror shield.

Well time to get spirit hover. I'm pretty good at hovering besides initial on OoT. But the main problem I have is changing angles with a chu. Clearly my button inputs aren't right. I just do a normal hover boot chu hover and try to hit and release z on the chu. That's my problem haven't gotten to the actual angle changing part though.

If anyone has any tips or just explaining how to change angles via bombchu that would be great!
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #773 on: February 28, 2014, 01:52:45 PM »

You tap either slightly left or right up on your control stick, release the stick to let it shoot back to its center and then very quickly pull the stick down.
geraggh34
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #774 on: March 03, 2014, 04:40:14 AM »

the problem i have is getting the z target on the chu. i shield drop hit z and a to do the backflip. ive gotten the angle change once. sometimes it will get out of z target but wont let me change the angle. i could probably do this if it wasnt for the damn guay..

this is the first trick that has literally been so hard for me for some reason that im about to say screw it.. everytime i get a chance smashed in the back by a guay. im on wii vc so i dont have save states Sad
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:59:08 AM by geraggh34 » Logged
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #775 on: March 03, 2014, 10:22:18 AM »

Practice your hovering somewhere else then. You have to target almost simultaneously with doing the backflip. Also, you can buffer the chu targetting.
geraggh34
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #776 on: March 03, 2014, 09:58:52 PM »

Practice your hovering somewhere else then. You have to target almost simultaneously with doing the backflip. Also, you can buffer the chu targetting.

Thanks Smiley. Sorry I raged last night lol. I finally got onto the seam but tried to turn around and fell off.
Anyways now the only thing I suck at is turning around before that damn guay. Got the camera unlocking consistent now but not turning around yet usually get owned by the time I'm working on flipping around. Just more practice I guess

Wish I had save states Sad
whyieyesya
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #777 on: March 04, 2014, 09:35:26 AM »

Did you take a look at Tokyoboi's MST tutorial? The spirit hover is pretty well explained in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12N6QNfYalE
geraggh34
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #778 on: March 09, 2014, 04:13:20 PM »

Did you take a look at Tokyoboi's MST tutorial? The spirit hover is pretty well explained in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12N6QNfYalE

I've done it twice now thanks to now having pj64 and save states Smiley took me forever but I'll get more consistent. I kind of like using an xbox controller over my gamecube, but I just ordered an adapter and don't want to get too used to the 360 controller. I finally got the gerudo gate skip too I feel like I was able to be more fluid on a xbox controller. But it's probably just the 30 save states it took me.

I'm still having trouble changing angles but I'll keep working on it. Sometimes I get frustrated ad start flicking the joystick every which way and it will randomly work.

Now to master megaflips and learn wierdshot. Also I need to learn 2 bomb ss I'm pretty good at superslides but have only known to use a single bomb until last night
MjTheHunter
Deku Scrub

« Reply #779 on: March 11, 2014, 10:47:14 PM »

In any% right after you exit ZR, you do like a forward sidehop or something to get the WESS. Can anyone explain the entire thing?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: