ZSR Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:21:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 923916 times)
WallIsReflect
Deku Scrub

« Reply #690 on: May 23, 2013, 04:25:32 PM »

Have you shield dropped the bomb immediately after pulling it out? It should be a little bit to the right of you. Also, are you falling into the water from the left of the bridge?

I always shield drop the bomb immediately.  This is what happened the last ten times:
1. megaflip, miss the post, land where cow used to be
2. megaflip, land on the post successfully
3-5. explosion hits Link when trying to megaflip, fall in water
6. megaflip, land on the post
7. megaflip, miss the post, land where cow used to be
8-10. explosion hits link, fall in water
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 04:31:38 PM by WallIsReflect » Logged
Kimimaru
Regular Guay

« Reply #691 on: May 24, 2013, 08:37:18 AM »

If you can, try testing on an emulator with save states and see where you're going wrong. If you don't have an adapter, record what you did and find the difference between the times you failed and the times you succeeded.

Then again, it could be that you did the first step (walking against the wooden post) wrong.
Eryth
Deku Scrub

« Reply #692 on: June 06, 2013, 05:13:26 AM »

Are there any version differences between VC and GCN at all with hovering? I am noticing a complete inability to hover with the hookshot + chus method in VC. However, as soon as I switch over to the GCN version I am perfectly able to do it with absolutely no problems at all.

I start wondering if there is any delay with wireless versus the GCN controller too. I noticed that with the GCN version, you can activate the shield by light press rather than a full click while the classic controller seems to have to have a full click. If so, surprising how much a difference it makes.
Pedalpowertoast
Site Editor
Mega Guay

I'm an artist :O

« Reply #693 on: June 06, 2013, 12:28:10 PM »

http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1018.0

Void hovering also crashes on VC, im not sure about contortion hovering.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Pedalpowerluigi

Using a slow version on purpose is your choice, but you will get no sympathy or agreement from me.
Lol
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #694 on: June 06, 2013, 04:20:12 PM »

Void hovering doesn't crash on VC, it just doesn't (usually) produce a double explosion like on GC or some emulators. Contortion hovering doesn't crash either, but it can succeed or fail based on how many things are loaded in the area around Link.

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
th3kuzinator
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #695 on: June 20, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »

Hello

I can't get gerudo bridge skip via megaflip or hookshot and I swear I'm doing everything perfectly for both methods. Is there any other way to cross the bridge with only a hookshot and bombs (while have a bottle on b)?

If not, can someone help me define what exactly the turn around hookshot trick thing is or explain to me why despite my setup being correctly every time my megaflip misses the ledge I'm aiming for?
cafde
Site Editor
Regular Guay

FrankerZ

« Reply #696 on: June 20, 2013, 08:52:11 PM »

I definitely don't recommend doing the hookshot bridge skip and recommend doing this bridge megaflip setup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeyLf8br3eg as it is 100% consistent if you don't mess up (make sure you don't accidentally do small movements which will screw it up).

If you are on gamecube or the virtual console version you could also savewarp/die to get stick back on the b button (buy a stick in the kakariko bazaar) and then use it to get isg in order to steal epona to get across.

It also helps us if you post a video showing you failing it so we can tell exactly what you're doing wrong.

Mothership_Connection
Deku Scrub

« Reply #697 on: July 18, 2013, 11:33:47 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm struggling with the DoT skip.

I find it hard to do those side rolls (where you hold down left slightly). I can do them now and again but I move forward most of the time.

Any tips on how to get those right?

Thanks!
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #698 on: July 19, 2013, 04:02:19 AM »

Hey guys,

I'm struggling with the DoT skip.

I find it hard to do those side rolls (where you hold down left slightly). I can do them now and again but I move forward most of the time.

Any tips on how to get those right?

Thanks!

Practice pivoting without Z targetting away from the door first until you're comfortable with the position on the joystick that you have to hold.
Mothership_Connection
Deku Scrub

« Reply #699 on: July 19, 2013, 10:00:04 AM »

Practice pivoting without Z targetting away from the door first until you're comfortable with the position on the joystick that you have to hold.

Alright, I think I sort of got it now.

By the way, do we have only 1 frame for the sidehop that clips through?

I tested on emulator and it seemed like it.

I'm missing it a lot even when I have the right angle, and I'm mashing A as fast as I can.

Edit: Seems like I suck at mashing A fast.. Might have to learn doing it frame perfect instead. :/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 03:21:53 AM by Mothership_Connection » Logged
Exodus122
Regular Guay

« Reply #700 on: July 21, 2013, 09:29:37 PM »

Yes there is one frame for the sidehop

mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #701 on: July 25, 2013, 11:31:45 AM »

I figured out why no cutscene will play after certain types of wrong warps (Deku Tree Ganondoor for example).

The game expects two signed 32 bit integers at the start of every cutscene, one representing the number of "commands" that make up the cutscene, the other representing the number of frames (though the actual runtime for a cutscene can be shorter than this). If either number is negative, then no cutscene plays.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
Apasher
Regular Guay

« Reply #702 on: August 04, 2013, 09:59:12 PM »

How do you turn in mid-hover? Say like, for Spirit Hover.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 10:03:23 PM by Apasher » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #703 on: August 05, 2013, 12:00:34 AM »

How do you turn in mid-hover? Say like, for Spirit Hover.

You have to target something to unlock the camera. If there's nothing nearby to lock onto, you can lock onto a chu (which is what people do for spirit hover)
ZeldaFan
Regular Guay

« Reply #704 on: August 18, 2013, 09:22:34 PM »

How can I get a movement speed of 27 with an Endless Superslide? I'd like to be able to turn directions in a superslide while having the fastest possible movement speed of 27 in the game.

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/generalknowledge/movement-speeds
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: