ZSR Forums
April 26, 2024, 08:38:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 929423 times)
GCTK24
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #795 on: April 03, 2014, 08:00:27 PM »

does anybody know how the second frame for the mido skip works?
i have no idea why it's not working for me but I can't clip behind mido.
everytime I release the target and hold left he clips in front of him or mido pushes him back.....
it seems that i get a different position all the time don't know why...
Flol
Deku Scrub

« Reply #796 on: April 21, 2014, 08:08:21 PM »

Hello everybody,
I'm pretty new to doing speedruns myself (even though I am familiar with most routes by now - at least for OoT).

For now I can only run on my gamecube using the OoT/MQ Disk and I had a question coming up when I looked at the settings.
You can choose between holding L to target or to switching it on/off. For most glitches holding it is the easier option or does it depend on taste w/e?
Jbop
Twenty-three is number one! Do you think I'm a traitor?

« Reply #797 on: April 21, 2014, 09:06:54 PM »

It's purely personal preference, although no one to my knowledge has bothered to make a setup for child void warp using switch targetting.

Quote from:  ZFG on March 24, 2008, 8:27:24 AM
Quote from:  Prognosis_4 on March 24, 2008, 8:25:50 AM
Why are you guys so certain it's possible?
Because its OoT.
Flol
Deku Scrub

« Reply #798 on: April 21, 2014, 09:11:19 PM »

Yeah thats what I was thinking to, that some glitches might be a little messy to do with the switching one.

Another question I have is a little more technical:
I just bought a Wii and I want to use it for two things.
First of I want to play a hacked version of Super Smash Bros Melee on it (which lets see you see hitboxes and all kinds of funky crap) and the other one is running OoT on it (Of course Japanese).

Do you know if these two things might cause trouble together? I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but I know very little about the whole "hacking" part.
Nynyamo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #799 on: May 05, 2014, 11:18:44 PM »

Is anyone aware of an issue in MST where when you wrong warp from Dodongo's to the training grounds you lose control of Link? Many times I'll get the warp and can't continue because of this. The game isn't frozen or anything you just can't move link anymore and it looks like you're stuck z targeting at the bottom of the stairs with none of the HUD loaded.

I honestly have no idea what can cause this, any idea's?

Edit: Disregard this. After testing some things I found if you have Z-Targeting set to hold when you do this warp you will get stuck like I mentioned. When I put it to switch there was no problem.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:41:25 PM by Nynyamo » Logged
nathanisbored
Site Editor
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #800 on: May 06, 2014, 12:31:27 AM »

Is anyone aware of an issue in MST where when you wrong warp from Dodongo's to the training grounds you lose control of Link? Many times I'll get the warp and can't continue because of this. The game isn't frozen or anything you just can't move link anymore and it looks like you're stuck z targeting at the bottom of the stairs with none of the HUD loaded.

I honestly have no idea what can cause this, any idea's?

Edit: Disregard this. After testing some things I found if you have Z-Targeting set to hold when you do this warp you will get stuck like I mentioned. When I put it to switch there was no problem.

It's actually because you didn't savewarp after entering DC I believe. When you WW, it checks your previous (entrance-based) cutscene to decide what to do, and often it will trap you in an infinite cutscene. If you save and reset after entering DC, your previous cutscene will always be the title screen, which allows the WW to work.
Nynyamo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #801 on: May 06, 2014, 01:59:47 AM »

It's actually because you didn't savewarp after entering DC I believe. When you WW, it checks your previous (entrance-based) cutscene to decide what to do, and often it will trap you in an infinite cutscene. If you save and reset after entering DC, your previous cutscene will always be the title screen, which allows the WW to work.

Thank's for the clarification. Are you supposed to savewarp after the Bolero cutscene skip? I'm pretty sure I just don't save when I die and after respawning I just walk out to Dodongo. Maybe that's what the issue has been.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 02:09:29 AM by Nynyamo » Logged
mzxrules
Admin
Ultimate Mega Guay

Wrong warp expert

« Reply #802 on: May 06, 2014, 02:10:02 AM »

@Nate: The cutscenes that affect wrong warp aren't all entrance based, it's just that the vast majority of the usable cutscene pointers are cutscenes that play immediately on entering an area (either from loading a cutscene setup, or on-entrance cutscenes).

@Nynyamo: I think the route is to return to DC after Bolero, save/reset. That will set the cutscene pointer to where it needs to be.

Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.
GAP
Regular Guay

Email
« Reply #803 on: May 10, 2014, 06:57:46 AM »

I am about to enter Ganon's Castle as well as Ganondorf himself but what should I look out for?
Jbop

« Reply #804 on: May 10, 2014, 03:55:58 PM »

I am about to enter Ganon's Castle as well as Ganondorf himself but what should I look out for?

lmfao (that phrasing Kappa)

But to answer your question seriously, its just a few battles with standard enemies which are easy, and then Ganondorf which can be easy or slightly hard depending on what you do.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 04:00:52 PM by Jbop » Logged

Because its OoT.
Nynyamo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #805 on: May 13, 2014, 11:26:49 PM »

I am about to enter Ganon's Castle as well as Ganondorf himself

I lol'd.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways I was reading the wiki and found a page on a "Low%" MST route. (http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/routes/low-medallions-stones-trials)

Except for it being really convoluted and difficult why don't people ever use this route in runs? It seems like it would be faster to do it this way.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:39:09 PM by Nynyamo » Logged
Jbop

« Reply #806 on: May 14, 2014, 12:23:36 AM »

Low% MST is MST while getting the fewest items possible. It takes about 3.5 hours if done well, so it's not faster than regular MST if that's what you meant by "runs".

Because its OoT.
Nynyamo
Deku Scrub

« Reply #807 on: May 14, 2014, 12:32:28 AM »

Low% MST is MST while getting the fewest items possible. It takes about 3.5 hours if done well, so it's not faster than regular MST if that's what you meant by "runs".

Somehow fewer items got translated to faster for me. My bad. Thank's for the answer though.
Zeldoge
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #808 on: May 27, 2014, 07:31:09 PM »

hey,
I'm having a problem with the current swordless mido skip (doing Bloobiebla's 2nd frame setup on VC). Actually i can pull it off pretty often but sometimes it just does not work because my position or angle when i do the 2nd jumpslash is slightly different. Does it matter when i pull out the stick and when i release top/right after i clipped and when i press z to target? I also pause buffered every single input, but my position was still different when i buffered the same inputs again.
This is so frustrating ...
Penunce
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #809 on: May 30, 2014, 07:09:18 PM »

Hey, I was wondering what controllers most are using? I'm using a pretty lose gc controller on vc and I've been finding it increasingly difficult to the ess position. Would an adapter+n64 be best or something along those lines?
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: