ZSR Forums
April 26, 2024, 09:22:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ZSR Forums are back - read only!

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 59
  Print  
Author Topic: OoT / MQ - Question & Answer / Trick Help Thread  (Read 929425 times)
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #195 on: March 18, 2011, 05:26:44 AM »

Thanks ZFG. So far I've gotten to the spirit temple and have tried the hover in the second video to skip the silver block, but most of the time link won't go out of bounds like in the video (usually taking a couple extra chus to get out, sometimes not). I also can't get the angle change right when I do get out of bounds correctly, how does that work exactly? Thanks again
ZFG
Mega Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #196 on: March 18, 2011, 03:54:01 PM »

Thanks ZFG. So far I've gotten to the spirit temple and have tried the hover in the second video to skip the silver block, but most of the time link won't go out of bounds like in the video (usually taking a couple extra chus to get out, sometimes not). I also can't get the angle change right when I do get out of bounds correctly, how does that work exactly? Thanks again
To get out of bounds all you should need to do is get as high as the acute angle ceiling, and after that it should push you out on the next backflip, so I'm not really sure what your problem is there.  Maybe you think you're higher than you are.

As for the angle change, while hovering out of the room you'll need to target a chu so that the black bars go away while hovering, and make sure not to press Z again until you do change angles.  For the actual angle change, hold up right/left and roll so that link rolls diagonally, then when he comes up from the roll quickly hit the direction you want to face and press Z to lock it.  From there its just some easy hovering.

Actually, what version are you using?  This hover only works on the GC version because chus have a double explosion when shield dropped OoB, but VC doesn't and N64 freezes.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
ING-X
Site Editor
Mega Guay

fuck you and the horse you rode in on

562243965 marikthechao@hotmail.com ingx24
« Reply #197 on: March 18, 2011, 09:36:21 PM »

Technically you can do the child silver block skip inside the temple on N64/VC, but it's so insanely hard that it may as well be impossible.

<complex> byan you're doing that thing again
<complex> the thing where everything you say is fucking retarded

<ethandude> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual cheak this out luxury it might come in helpful when u wright your resime
Steve
Regular Guay

beware

« Reply #198 on: March 18, 2011, 09:59:15 PM »

I'm on GC, I got the angle change while trying a bit this morning so hopefully I'll get it sometime this evening.

Edit- Managed to get it but my last chu missed the crystal for the 10 chu chest so I had to reset. But at least this block skip is fun (if a bit frustrating...ok very frustrating).

Edit2-Again, but this time the bugs crawled off the statue's hand when I was doing ocarina items >_>
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 06:25:27 PM by Steve » Logged
Razor7581
Site Editor
Special Guay

WWW Email
« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2011, 02:11:43 PM »

Well, since I'm not really one who has kept up with MQ findings I thought I might as well ask if this is new or not. In the fire temple the first room on the left from the entrance: Like-Like clip to dungeon map early. New and/or useful?

Rescue Tetra before FF1: is new to me. Did you just find this out?
bluephantom340
Special Guay

« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2011, 04:23:17 PM »

Well, since I'm not really one who has kept up with MQ findings I thought I might as well ask if this is new or not. In the fire temple the first room on the left from the entrance: Like-Like clip to dungeon map early. New and/or useful?
It's old and useless.

[13:57] <Kaztalek> Give me a week and I guarentee I will be a top 10 MM player.
[18:34:23] <ingx24> i suck at mm
http://www.youtube.com/user/ayumuhd
Bonooru
Regular Guay

« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2011, 06:29:21 PM »

Im doing a max% child run and Im trying to get the 37th heartpiece. is there any way to get over the last barricade, that you would normally hookshot over, besides hovering? because im really bad at staircase hovering and I tried the damage boostin' jumpslash but i couldnt find the angle.
TLoZSR
Regular Guay

Working on Skyward Sword: segmented and rta

Email
« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2011, 07:46:09 PM »

I'm working on a RTA speed run and everything is coming together nicely except for the bridge skip. I really can't get it at all, every time I try I either fall off the bridge when doing the turn-around trick, or I don't grab onto the bridge when hookshotting across. Any tips?
UchihaSasuke
Special Guay

move over Chidori, time to spam infinite Susano'o

« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2011, 11:28:45 PM »

Im doing a max% child run and Im trying to get the 37th heartpiece. is there any way to get over the last barricade, that you would normally hookshot over, besides hovering? because im really bad at staircase hovering and I tried the damage boostin' jumpslash but i couldnt find the angle.

megaflip is the other option that can be used there.
i've got that piece with megaflip.

"Patience is useful in any moment"

Youtube Account 1
Youtube Account 2
Bonooru
Regular Guay

« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2011, 10:57:12 PM »

megaflip is the other option that can be used there.
i've got that piece with megaflip.

ok sounds good. thanks
EckoAP91
Deku Scrub

Email
« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2011, 05:37:50 PM »

question: what speed has the magic plant is this faster than superslide speed ?

just for interest
Toolex
Regular Guay

My hair gets compared to this too often...

« Reply #206 on: April 05, 2011, 04:49:41 PM »

the magic bean cant be used as he is doing a max % child run

Got back into Zelda OOT and MM because of this site Cheesy
zod
Deku Scrub

« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2011, 07:29:35 AM »

maybe this is a silly question but ive searched everywhere and i can't seem to find an answer

been watching a bunch of oot speedruns lately and in all of them whenever a song is required the person playing mashes through it in like a half second

whenever i try to input a song like that the buttons refuse to register, i have to wait like a half second between presses if i want anything to play. tried this on both n64 and gc, PAL versions of both, maybe thats the issue

thanks for any help
thundrio
Special Guay

Email
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2011, 11:23:06 PM »

@zod, usually songs inputted that fast are done with the c-stick on gamecube controller

[19:30] <13@jiano> i love programmin
[19:30] <13@jiano> if thing == otherthing: do thingything !!!!!!!!
Pokey
Special Guay

also pheenoh <3

« Reply #209 on: April 15, 2011, 01:38:49 AM »

@zod, usually songs inputted that fast are done with the c-stick on gamecube controller

False. N64 players can play songs faster.

I for one think that there are no glitches in OoT. It's just gameshark codes.

RBA stands for Rare Bird Adventure. We call it that because we need to get the blue cucco in order to use it.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 59
  Print  

Jump to: