Author Topic: Randomizer?  (Read 386 times)

Offline Algernonab

• Deku Scrub
Randomizer?
« on: February 28, 2017, 10:49:34 PM »
Hello, I am curious to see if anyone has heard of or is working on creating a randomizer for The Wind Waker?  I feel like the open world of that game would be complemented by a randomizer.

Offline HenrikoMagnifico

• Deku Scrub
Re: Randomizer?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 03:47:31 AM »
Yeah I would be very interested in this. Although, I guess there would be some issues with randomizing items in a game like the Wind Waker?

Offline oligi3008

• Regular Guay
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 11:00:22 AM »
There are a few great glitches to break the game, like dry storage, superswim or zombie hover that have been found in recent years. A randomizer could be interesting.
Before you save the world, kiss the princess or you might regret it.

Offline UYNiko

• Regular Guay
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 09:25:46 AM »
I guess we could modify the save files to give random items, set flags and change the starting location, we can also use bingo cards with this (some people started doing this after I stopped playing), that could be fun, is there any documentation on the format used by the game to store all this?,  I would like to work on this if anyone has some information, also a list of flags used by the game would be useful if I decide to reverse engineer the save file so I can set them and save afterwards to see what changed, that would be the hardest thing to test manually.