Author Topic: Emulator/Rom question  (Read 378 times)

Gummee

• Deku Scrub
Emulator/Rom question
« on: December 30, 2016, 04:04:02 PM »

I just started playing on emulator just to practice tricks, and I'm not sure what version of OoT or PJ64 I should use.

When I try to DC WW the game just crashes matter what I do. Kind of new to all this.

Gummee

• Deku Scrub
Re: Emulator/Rom question
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 06:31:02 PM »

Scratch that. I must have been a frame off. The pause buffering really messes with me on emu.

That aside, what are my options to do runs? For now all I can use is emulators. I do have my trusty N64 from 1998, but I only have the English cart. Plus, I've got no idea what's necessary in order to record the game play off of an N64. I'm basically completely lost.

FEELS BAD MAN
E
E
L
S

B
A
D

M
A
N

Pls save me.

Gummee

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 03:41:30 PM »

Okay so after a bunch of messing around, I got everything more or less set up. I got PJ64 1.7, and OoT JP 1.0.

Now what I need to do is figure out the most optimal settings on the emu. Is anyone around here savvy with emu?  ;D

mzxrules

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 02:27:47 AM »

If you want to do submit times, you're going to have to use the default settings, and you'll probably need to run on NTSC 1.2 (J of course) since I might just ban 1.0 for emu outright :D

Reason you're probably crashing when doing a wrong warp from Dodongo's Cavern is that the last cutscene you watched is setting the cutscene pointer variable to point at an invalid cutscene. Not sure specifically what wrong warp you attempted, but a common cause is that you didn't savewarp/watch a specific different cutscene after bombing the wall that plays the "Dodongo's Cavern" intro cutscene.
Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.