ZSR Forums » Zelda » Ocarina of Time (Moderator: Jbop) » Hello!

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1536 times)

Gummee

• Deku Scrub
Hello!
« on: August 25, 2016, 10:32:47 PM »

Hi, I'm a relatively new OoT Any% speedrunner, and figured I should properly introduce my self to the community. I usually go by "Gummee" or "Gummyburr". I started playing with glitches and getting interested in early 2014. I only dabbled with glitches like pokey escape and DoT skip. But recently I've been getting MUCH more into it. It's been about 2 weeks or so since I really became interested. I play the English version on console. At the moment I don't have the necessities to do otherwise.

I'm looking for opinions on the best route for myself. I'll explain the route I usually take. (Keep in mind I haven't set up a Rupee route, my runs are usually a bit sloppy).

Kokiri Sword > Zora escape > Wess to Kakariko > Buy shield > Walltula B1 skip (I have the inputs down pat, just need to get the sidehop jumpslash more consistent) > Gohma suicide > Wrong Warp > Normal collapse escape > Ganon.

So far my best run is 28:53. This is without Void Warp. I'm currently practicing VW as much as I can. It's a lot harder than I expected. I'd like to give the GIM trick a try, but someone told me it crashes the game if done in English on console. Not sure if that's true or not.

Whelp, I guess that's about it. If you read all this, thanks. Pls no bully. ;D

mzxrules

• Admin
  • Mega Guay
  • Wrong warp expert
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 11:26:18 AM »

Don't know about routing stuff, but the GIM used in Any% crashes on N64 regardless of what version you're running as far as I know, not just English.
Quote from:  Leigh Rogers
Braid
This is art because the music is classical music, and the graphics are done with a pen. The story is something about a woman. I could not understand much of this to be honest, which makes it even more likely to be an art.

AceZephyr

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 07:05:03 PM »

If you have a Wii, you should try to softmod it to get a JP VC channel onto it. If not, try to get a JP cart, but GIM will probably not work for you. Or get a Wii off eBay or something.

Gummee

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 10:48:45 PM »

I don't have a Wii currently :(

I was thinking of just practicing/running on emulator. All I really need is an N64 controller adapter to do it. Unless of course using an emulator has major downsides. In that case, I'd just get a Wii from Ebay or a friend.

AceZephyr

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 04:13:49 AM »

I've heard using an emulator has a bit more input lag, so to practice tricks you may want to learn them on emu, then switch to practicing on console before too long.