Author Topic: Emulator (dolphin) Troubles when running MM JP wad?  (Read 2508 times)

Offline margarinesmask

• Deku Scrub
Emulator (dolphin) Troubles when running MM JP wad?
« on: August 03, 2016, 08:55:46 AM »
Hey whats up, very VERY new to speedrunning and dont want to drop money on a new console games and all that jazz until i get semi decent times on my emulator, but ive been experiencing this error when ever i boot into the wad for MM ( https://youtu.be/52zhiLrYzQQ). My collectors edition .iso works fine its just an english MM and thats obviously not optimal for practicing as some glitches dont work on that version. Any ideas? Anyone else had this same problem? :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline Jimmie1717

• Regular Guay
Re: Emulator (dolphin) Troubles when running MM JP wad?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 04:55:38 AM »
The Wii Virtual Console versions don't seem to work on dolphin. Japanese gives that error when creating a file and english just black screens after the Nintendo 64 logos.

You could use the Collector's Edition. You won't need to worry about finding the Japanese version in this case because all Gamecube versions are the English version of the game just with changed text. So even on Japanese Collector's Edition you won't be able to do some of the tricks such as Hookshot early as the guards will always catch you there.
Quote from: Gossip_Stone
They say that players who select the "HOLD" option for "Z TARGETING" are the real "Zelda players"!