Author Topic: Deku Tree - Vineclip Setup From F1 (EDIT : Faster? then current any% strat)  (Read 3288 times)

Foulco

• Deku Scrub

It is not the godlike setup people are looking for but I think it is pretty decent and it also have a 2 frames for it to work, wich is pretty cool I find. The bad part is that you don't get as good of an angle to get in position to do the Out of bounce glitch recently found to do the GIM.

Anyway, I am completly new to finding setup in OoT, so if any have you have a comment about anything, I would appreciate it :3

Video : https://youtu.be/rMQnJlE3Ycc

EDIT : Well, it is actualy sort of bad because fully optimized, it save only 2-4 sec over the current setup BUT you don't have a perfect angle for the next part wich is very important.

EDIT2 : Found a setup that is 2-4 sec faster then the current one (rhougly, I might be wrong a little since I am not good at this game)
Video : https://youtu.be/_Z3CCIjYL3U
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 07:18:09 PM by Foulco »

ZoraEggs

• Deku Scrub
Re: Deku Tree - B1 Vineclip Setup From F1 Skullwalltula (for GIM)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 08:34:28 PM »

Your backup thing is the way I have been doing it, there is a magic spot at these coordinates:
(Y = up)

X: 88.764877319335937
Y: -483.23672485351562
Z: -44.441619873046875

As long as you hold up instantly as you let go, you clip in the perfect spot everytime and the skullula rotation does not matter.
Getting to those coordinates is slightly trickier, I have some kind of setup which involves adjusting links feet to some seams,
but your backup method seems to do the job.

Would you mind making a video showing the coordinates in MHS? would be interesting to see.

Foulco

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 05:30:21 AM »

Umm, I should have use address in the first place when trying to find anything actualy because there are some weird displacement done when you are on a vine. Moving Up/Down modify X,Z and moving Right-Left Modify your Y... (And the speed you are doing it matter too) I only assumed at first that it wasnt the case, wich change a lot of things.

Also, this position, does not give me a perfect angle, it give a pretty good angle but not a perfect one.
X: 88.764877319335937
Y: -483.23672485351562
Z: -44.441619873046875

Would you mind making a video showing the coordinates in MHS? would be interesting to see.
Sure, but first I want to test again some stuff the proper way using MHS instead of just assuming stuff from the game.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 06:11:59 AM by Foulco »

ZoraEggs

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 07:03:49 AM »

You are using z = up, try my coords by swapping y and z. I can upload save state for you if you are using the good old mupen.
The thing with the vines is that link moves the same amount left and right, up or down, however you need to get on the vine at the correct place in order to get these good coordinates.

ZoraEggs

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 07:24:11 AM »

Foulco

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 07:04:06 PM »

Here I made a video for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbRR0NOTelY

I know it work, but does not give you a perfect angle for the next part of the trick. So it is, sort of, bad in a way (At least to my taste, I like when everything end up being perfect)

I have found a setup that is 2-4 sec faster then the current one right now (Editing my first post because I don't wanna spam the forum)