Author Topic: OOT3D child dungeons route?  (Read 3690 times)

AceZephyr

• Deku Scrub
OOT3D child dungeons route?
« on: July 10, 2016, 10:12:46 AM »

Came up with an idea for a CD route. May be fast. Definitely hard. May not work.

Sword, TSC escape. I don't think swordless would save time
Basically any% up to farore's wind, where you do jabu first, then savewarp from FW.
FWWW with FW at DC -> DC Boss to go to Deku boss
FWWW with FW at Deku -> Deku Boss to go to Shadow Boss
Savewarp, exit Kak, Ocarina.

Just thought of this. Not sure if there is anything better. I know CD isn't popular, but this might be cool.

Cappan1

• Deku Scrub
Re: OOT3D child dungeons route?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 06:24:30 PM »

It's an interesting thought, maybe if you can flesh it out, make a paste bin and do the normal route stuff, we can work on it.

AceZephyr

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 10:09:18 AM »

Cappan1

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 10:42:12 AM »

Ok so the only thing I can think of here is NG+. I think this route and category would be better as NG+. You would lose time with no TSC but then you could NG+ Boomerang, so you don't have to do Jabu. DC First, but don't finish, then Jabu then DC, ww, ww. If you want to keep it at no NG+ then that's fine, but that's just a thought. (Also owl skips are easy if you don't want to NG+)

Cappan1

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 10:44:30 AM »

Also NG+ Hammer would be good as well because the hammer does the damage of a MS, so it would shorten down fights like nobodies business.

AceZephyr

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 12:09:41 PM »

I think boomerang would be faster than hammer, but it would be really hard. I'm going to do NG. I've also been thinking of Any% Ganon, where you must trigger the credits by beating Ganon. The route is any%, but WW to Nocturne, then DHWW, OI, Nocturne, and beat Ganon.

Cappan1

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 04:27:53 PM »

Awesome. Keep in mind this would mean no sword until after barinade. That means lots of sticks. We could get the stick upgrade from Lost Woods (30 Rupees) which automatically gives us 20 sticks.

AceZephyr

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 01:54:26 PM »

Good idea. I say do the Any% NG+ route up to magic (with DC shield and 20R in bomb stair room and 20R on the way to magic) then through dmc or down dmt to go to Goron City, lost woods, stick upgrade, Deku stick navi dive, Weird slide past KZ,  Any interesting things that can be done with boomerang from start? And should we even ever collect the sword? I don't see it as nessissary with 20 sticks and all the possible TSCs being before Barinade.

AceZephyr

• Deku Scrub
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 09:30:33 AM »

Small route edit, takes damage during KD and changes the shadow escape from a savewarp to a deathwarp. I happen to know for a fact you get placed at DC entrance and not Shadow entrance by doing this.