Author Topic: TPHD - Early Hyrule Castle Theroizing  (Read 13410 times)

Offline Legendary Link

• Deku Scrub
TPHD - Early Hyrule Castle Theroizing
« on: July 01, 2016, 01:04:56 PM »
Some new interesting glitches are coming to light in TPHD, including a Goron Mines Skip and gate unloading. With the discovery of gate unloading, could we maybe use it to gain early access to Hyrule Castle by unloading the doors pre MDH?

Also, with the discovery of storage manipulation in the WWHD (such as Tower of Gods skip found by dragonbane), we know there are similarities in how storage is dealt with between WW and TP, so if we can do the storage trick present in the WW in TP, it opens way to endless possibilities.

Basically, do we know anything about how this gate unloading trick works in TPHD? Who knows what other connections there may be?

But if we can do Early Hyrule Castle, we can now add all of CitS and AG to the list of skippable dungeons thanks to the discovery of the spinner and double clawshot skips.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 01:40:51 PM by Legendary Link »
"I follow the strongest side."

Offline gymnast86

• Regular Guay
Re: TPHD - Early Hyrule Castle Theroizing
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 06:22:05 AM »
The gate unloading trick works because the gate in lakebed is the same as the gate in City in the Sky. They're right next to each other in memory and for some reason loading one unloads the other, as long as you don't shut off your console.

Offline Zoro

• Regular Guay
Re: TPHD - Early Hyrule Castle Theorizing
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 08:23:45 AM »
Is there some way to check the memory for the game and where the gates are in it? I'm really bad with understanding the programming of a game, but is it possible to check the values for the gates in the game? Also, is what causes superslides out of water understood yet? Is it a property of water or a transition to a different state (i.e. swimming to walking)? I really want to get superslides to work outside of water, since high speed = good zelda glitches, and if it did work outside of water maybe it could be used to clip into the Hyrule Castle Gate.